Well...... CRAP!!!!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I will trade your leaky motorcycle wheel for my leaky hydraulic line on the skid steer that requires the engine to be removed to replace - 30-40 hour job if you know what you are doing....
Duct tape. Just sayin'....

Or maybe that new miracle Flex Seal tape that bonds underwater.

black dog

Free America
I will trade your leaky motorcycle wheel for my leaky hydraulic line on the skid steer that requires the engine to be removed to replace - 30-40 hour job if you know what you are doing....

Ugh..
You cant couple them together and pull the new one in while pulling the old one out?

black dog

Free America
Steel lines that can’t come out without engine removal. Gonna try replacing with rubber lines before pulling motor.
Thats what?I was wondering if it was a steel line.
Can you get to both ends? Go around the engine/bay....

stgislander

PREMO Member
Didn't you get that skid steer not too long ago?

glhs837

Power with Control
Thats what?I was wondering if it was a steel line.
Can you get to both ends? Go around the engine/bay....

Did just that with the wifes 99 Blazer when it blew the long brake line. They told me they needed to drop the gas tank, and that those lines usually broke when attempting removal, and that since the long line wasnt sold, I needed to pay three hours of shop time for a guy to fab up the new line. Yeah, buddy, not happening.

glhs837

Power with Control
Update, a nice gent in Fairfax who ran over a ratchet strap back in July and bought a spare final drive while his was repaired offered to let me borrow it while mine gets sorted......... Said back in July that some of the parts were long lead, I imagine thats not gotten better.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Friend/neighbor has a largish John Deere construction backhoe in great overall condition that is "dead in place" because of the failure of the "lift pump" for the hydrostatic system. You have to dismantle the entire machine down to about where it first started life on an assembly line just to get to that damned pump. So it sits...he bought another backhoe..LOL.

TPD

the poor dad
Friend/neighbor has a largish John Deere construction backhoe in great overall condition that is "dead in place" because of the failure of the "lift pump" for the hydrostatic system. You have to dismantle the entire machine down to about where it first started life on an assembly line just to get to that damned pump. So it sits...he bought another backhoe..LOL.
Frustrating for sure! All engineers should be required to work “in the field” for 5 years before designing/building anything.

black dog

Free America
Did just that with the wifes 99 Blazer when it blew the long brake line. They told me they needed to drop the gas tank, and that those lines usually broke when attempting removal, and that since the long line wasnt sold, I needed to pay three hours of shop time for a guy to fab up the new line. Yeah, buddy, not happening.

Did the same with my dually years back....