well, lets run it up the flagpole....

I got my IT career start working on the NIMMS/NIFMS(Later DIFMS) contract. Quite a few people cycled through that contract over the years. It wasn't unheard of to run into another IT geek that at some point left fingerprints on those programs. When we worked in our own building, we'd have various pot luck lunches that were a lot of fun. Plenty of good, smart people trying to satisfy fluid government requirements.

Sadly that was the only division that got the axe with the early 2000s BRAC. Then over the next few years everyone scattered to the 4 winds and the work was shipped out to DFAS in Indianapolis.
My IT career began on the NIMS/NIFMS project as well! The pot luck lunches were most certainly the highlight events in a high-stress environment. We even had this one dude who would bring in platters of carved fruits and veggies... pineapple trees, swans and rose radishes really fru fru'd the events.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
My IT career began on the NIMS/NIFMS project as well! The pot luck lunches were most certainly the highlight events in a high-stress environment. We even had this one dude who would bring in platters of carved fruits and veggies... pineapple trees, swans and rose radishes really fru fru'd the events.

I know a guy who made finger sammiches with REAL fingers. :jet: :lol:

I worked on NIMS/NIFMS too, but very briefly. I think it was maybe a month and that was as long as I could stand it. Guh!

gemma_rae

Is this dude on an Excellent Adventure in a RV?

(asking for a friend):wink:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We even had this one dude who would bring in platters of carved fruits and veggies... pineapple trees, swans and rose radishes really fru fru'd the events.

Did he make a bird out of an apple?

I think I know that guy.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Last edited: