West Baltimore residents thank President Trump

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Travel down any road the ends in a predominantly black neighborhood

And it didn't used to be this way. Remember in the 60s and 70s, black people got all dressed up for church and their kids were always tidy and well-tended. White people got duded up as well but not like black people did - there was a self-respect involved that has been eroded over the decades. Harlem is an excellent example of how a once vibrant black community turned to decay and drugs.

Democrat politicians literally destroy everything they touch.

This is why I'm glad to see #blexit and #walkaway movements, and cheer every time I see a black person on social media rejecting the slavery that is the Democrat Party. These people are fighting for their communities, but being met with extreme opposition from the Left. I want to see white people encouraging them and supporting them, not judging them by their race-mates that the Democrats have brainwashed and destroyed.

Chris0nllyn

And it didn't used to be this way. Remember in the 60s and 70s, black people got all dressed up for church and their kids were always tidy and well-tended. White people got duded up as well but not like black people did - there was a self-respect involved that has been eroded over the decades. Harlem is an excellent example of how a once vibrant black community turned to decay and drugs.

Democrat politicians literally destroy everything they touch.

This is why I'm glad to see #blexit and #walkaway movements, and cheer every time I see a black person on social media rejecting the slavery that is the Democrat Party. These people are fighting for their communities, but being met with extreme opposition from the Left. I want to see white people encouraging them and supporting them, not judging them by their race-mates that the Democrats have brainwashed and destroyed.

I wish people would stop giving so much credit to politicians and political parties.

A majority of the country can't even be bothered to vote.

The issue isn't with a particular party, it's with our society that doesn't value life in general.

This_person

I wish people would stop giving so much credit to politicians and political parties.

The issue isn't with a particular party, it's with our society that doesn't value life in general.
While I strongly believe that people give too much credence to politicians - calling them "leaders" and looking to them for moral guidance and such, I have to say that political party is a reasonable part of the discussion. One major political party pushes the lack of value in life in general, while the other strongly pushes back. There's a difference in the parties, and a difference in the laws that spring forth from them, that guides the social grooming of the next generation through education normalization of non-normal things. Party plays a role here, as do laws and such.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Actually our society is in good shape for the people that embrace it. It’s the ones that hate the USA, want free stuff, are jealous of those of us who have worked hard, raised good families, and are living the American Dream that so many losers don’t believe exists. If the USA is in such bad shape why does everyone’s want to come here.
Last week we had 20 members of our society who have benefited greatly from our society telling the country we suck and they can make it better....better than what, the one that made all of them millionaires, that got them elected into positions of leadership.
The problems the people that don’t benefit from our society are life choices, poor decision making and people like those 20 that tell them that it’s everyone’s else that put them in the shape they’re in. That’s the lie the 20 keep telling them so they can get re-elected. If they told them to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps, go to school, learn a trade, quit drugging and thugging, quit having babies you can’t afford and move off the Plantation you would see the great Country we live in, the one thousands are trying to come to everyday.
The 20 want to keep the society down so they can keep promising to build it up which has been shown to be a lie and they can keep getting re-elected.
God Bless America

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Actually our society is in good shape for the people that embrace it. It’s the ones that hate the USA, want free stuff, are jealous of those of us who have worked hard, raised good families, and are living the American Dream that so many losers don’t believe exists. If the USA is in such bad shape why does everyone’s want to come here.
Last week we had 20 members of our society who have benefited greatly from our society telling the country we suck and they can make it better....better than what, the one that made all of them millionaires, that got them elected into positions of leadership.
The problems the people that don’t benefit from our society are life choices, poor decision making and people like those 20 that tell them that it’s everyone’s else that put them in the shape they’re in. That’s the lie the 20 keep telling them so they can get re-elected. If they told them to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps, go to school, learn a trade, quit drugging and thugging, quit having babies you can’t afford and move off the Plantation you would see the great Country we live in, the one thousands are trying to come to everyday.
The 20 want to keep the society down so they can keep promising to build it up which has been shown to be a lie and they can keep getting re-elected.
God Bless America

I quadruple like this post. :yay:

Chris0nllyn

While I strongly believe that people give too much credence to politicians - calling them "leaders" and looking to them for moral guidance and such, I have to say that political party is a reasonable part of the discussion. One major political party pushes the lack of value in life in general, while the other strongly pushes back. There's a difference in the parties, and a difference in the laws that spring forth from them, that guides the social grooming of the next generation through education normalization of non-normal things. Party plays a role here, as do laws and such.

Sure, parties pick who should be elected, but individuals within that party should have their own thoughts and beliefs and policy decisions that may differ from the party.

But you're right. We're seeing it with the GOP right now. Even before Trump, GOP leadership centralized legislative power and turned lawmakers into fundraisers. Show up and vote with the party and spend most of your time fundraising. Then Trump comes along and Republicans are suddenly willing to break principals to defend Trump. Those that speak up against Trump's politics are ridiculed. Those with individual thoughts are tossed aside as traitors.

The GOP has made no effort to speak up when Trump decided to unilaterally change gun laws. The GOP has made no effort to speak up on the multiple spending increases and general fiscal irresponsibility in Washington. Examples being two massive increased-spending budget deals the last 2 years alone.

The party. Both parties. Have turned lawmakers into fundraisers who don't do jack besides raise money and defend someone they really don't want to. In one sense, getting nothign done shuld be viewed as a good thing because that's less infringement in our lives, but our representatives should at the very least, give the impression of being productive.

Here's a large Twitter thread on the topic.

Chris0nllyn

God Bless America

What does that mean, "embrace our society"? Our society should be one of letting people do as they wish. Have the freedom we like to tell people we have.

We literally have a President that ran on "Making America Great Again". How the hell is that any different than what you're complaining about? Trump has continually told people how bad this country is. The "invasion", the "drugs", the "crime", the "gangs", etc. etc. That HE would fix all that.

To me, that's no different than those people you talk about (whomever they may actually be). The only actual difference is the things they think need fixing vs. what you and Trump feel need fixing.

If they told people to do that, they wouldn't rely on govt. to do things for them. It's what they want. It's what any politician wants. It doesn't matter which side. Government itself is inherently the problem and depending on government to fix what you feel is broken still relies on the government which has shown time and time again, regardless of who is in power, that it is a metastisizing beast out for power at the result of individual freedoms of people who spend their time fighting with each other over the mynute differences between parties.

This_person

Sure, parties pick who should be elected, but individuals within that party should have their own thoughts and beliefs and policy decisions that may differ from the party.

But you're right. We're seeing it with the GOP right now. Even before Trump, GOP leadership centralized legislative power and turned lawmakers into fundraisers. Show up and vote with the party and spend most of your time fundraising. Then Trump comes along and Republicans are suddenly willing to break principals to defend Trump. Those that speak up against Trump's politics are ridiculed. Those with individual thoughts are tossed aside as traitors.

The GOP has made no effort to speak up when Trump decided to unilaterally change gun laws. The GOP has made no effort to speak up on the multiple spending increases and general fiscal irresponsibility in Washington. Examples being two massive increased-spending budget deals the last 2 years alone.

The party. Both parties. Have turned lawmakers into fundraisers who don't do jack besides raise money and defend someone they really don't want to. In one sense, getting nothign done shuld be viewed as a good thing because that's less infringement in our lives, but our representatives should at the very least, give the impression of being productive.

Here's a large Twitter thread on the topic.

You're talking about fundraising when your original comment and my response were about the devaluation of human life. Sticking with the original theme of devaluing human life, I do not see the GOP as doing that, just the DNC.

Chris0nllyn

You're talking about fundraising when your original comment and my response were about the devaluation of human life. Sticking with the original theme of devaluing human life, I do not see the GOP as doing that, just the DNC.

I was talking about parties. Which is an off-shoot of Vrai's post about the Democrats being the problem for everything wrong. Particularly, how parties have moved from legislating to fundraising. Hence the transition.

Of course, I don't think Vrai's post was about "devaluing life", but about Democrats, solely for being Democrats, destroy cities. Maybe "devaluing society" would be a more apropos term.

My point is, why is it a politician or political parties' fault society doesn't want to dress up for church anymore? Why is it the politicians' fault a neighborhood can't be bothered to clean up their own filth?

This_person

I was talking about parties. Which is an off-shoot of Vrai's post about the Democrats being the problem for everything wrong. Particularly, how parties have moved from legislating to fundraising. Hence the transition.

:yay: I was responding to "The issue isn't with a particular party, it's with our society that doesn't value life in general."

Of course, I don't think Vrai's post was about "devaluing life", but about Democrats, solely for being Democrats, destroy cities. Maybe "devaluing society" would be a more apropos term.

My point is, why is it a politician or political parties' fault society doesn't want to dress up for church anymore? Why is it the politicians' fault a neighborhood can't be bothered to clean up their own filth?
I took Vrai's post to be about politicians devaluing society as well. I agree with her.

I would not say it is a politician's fault, per se, but rather they actively work to devalue the society that allows for it. They devalue the lives in that society, actively and purposefully. They help foster the environment that would allow for it.

That's not to say they are solely responsible, but that they actually pay people to not care for themselves, making them complicit.

Chris0nllyn

I took Vrai's post to be about politicians devaluing society as well. I agree with her.

I would not say it is a politician's fault, per se, but rather they actively work to devalue the society that allows for it. They devalue the lives in that society, actively and purposefully. They help foster the environment that would allow for it.

That's not to say they are solely responsible, but that they actually pay people to not care for themselves, making them complicit.

See, I think the govt. should provide a safety net to people who cannot create a life for themselves for whatever reasons. Be it mental illness, physical limitations, etc.

But what you're talking about is the result of that metastisizing govt. beast we've discussed before. It starts out as a program intended for the people I mention above, then molds into carving out exceptions for this group, or that group.

That, in my opinion, falls squarely on the shoulders of the people who elect them. Until we recognize that the govt. is the problem and it's not their goal to "help" us, we'd see less govt. trying to encroach into our daily lives. Alas, here we are. Likely way too far down the rabbit hole to do anything about.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
What does that mean, "embrace our society"? Our society should be one of letting people do as they wish. Have the freedom we like to tell people we have. We have that now.

We literally have a President that ran on "Making America Great Again". How the hell is that any different than what you're complaining about? Trump has continually told people how bad this country is. The "invasion", the "drugs", the "crime", the "gangs", etc. etc. That HE would fix all that.
Those are issues that need to fixed, mostly perpetuated by the people like the 20 who don’t want them fixed so they can keep getting elected
To me, that's no different than those people you talk about (whomever they may actually be). Mainly the 20. The only actual difference is the things they think need fixing vs. what you and Trump feel need fixing.
If they told people to do that, they wouldn't rely on govt. to do things for them. It's what they want. It's what any politician wants. It doesn't matter which side. Government itself is inherently the problem and depending on government to fix what you feel is broken still relies on the government which has shown time and time again, regardless of who is in power, that it is a metastisizing beast out for power at the result of individual freedoms of people who spend their time fighting with each other over the mynute differences between parties. Mostly true

mitzi

Most are pigs, white and black alike. Folks don't drive by and go in a building and drop a steamer on the elevator floor. It's those that live there.

Exactly!! I've seen that too along with used tampons. I'm thinking this poster has never really been in a ghetto area. And I don't mean LP ghetto, I mean the REAL ghetto.

mitzi

And it didn't used to be this way. Remember in the 60s and 70s, black people got all dressed up for church and their kids were always tidy and well-tended.

I still see nice black people dressing all out for church, even the ladies with the hats. But when I worked in the ghetto area it was the 70s, and the trash was everywhere. I grew up in PG County and when we were teens had to go across the line into SE to buy beer or wine. As soon as you got 1/2 mile to the line, the trash everywhere began. I know good black people here in St. Mary's that moved up there in the 70s and came back to St. Mary's. They were sick of whatever they had being stolen or trashed. It's been bad up there my entire lifetime and then it came out into PG slowly but surely. Most of the people were government workers who could afford to buy a nice home, they wanted out of the city and a nice life. But way too many low lives came along with that.

officeguy

They are lucky that:

• they didnt get shot
  • the city of Baltimore didn't fine them for 'unlicensed trash handling' or 'disturbing rodent habitat'.

Reactions: BOP

Auntie Biache'

While the residents were thankful for the overhaul — well over 100 volunteers came together to remove 12 tons of trash, according to Presler — the liberal media were, uh, irritated. The media attacked the activist as an "extremist," questioned his motives, and scolded him for "reinforc[ing] the tired image that the poor people in this city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods."

Here are some of the photos and videos from the clean-up effort:

"We assume it was pure motives that led a Trump supporter to launch a cleanup in Cummings' district, right?," a headline from The Baltimore Sun's editorial board

Presler said the "visit wasn’t about showing support or animosity for either man," the paper continued. "Call us skeptical."

"Whatever he says his motives were, Scott Presler’s presence in Baltimore reinforces the tired image that the poor people in this city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods," the Sun complained.

Real News Network labeled Mr. Presler as a "right-wing extremist."

"[R]ight-wing extremist Scott Presler organizes a 'Clean Up' event in West Baltimore, but is this altruism or a political ploy for Trump?," the outlet asked.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/5032...cebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwbrand

Chris0nllyn

Whatever he says his motives were, Mr. Presler’s presence in Baltimore reinforces the tired image of our failing urban cores. That the poor people in this dilapidated city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods and all the public officials around them have failed as well. The bureaucratic, all-talk Democrats strike again. If a crowd of volunteers could clean up 12 tons of trash in 12 hours, how incompetent and helpless must Baltimoreans be if they can’t manage it in decades, right?
https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinio...0190806-hmc2gndnhfhodch4yxromipgnq-story.html

Literally right above this paragraph is a picture of an 11-year-old newspaper they pulled from the trash. And just a few paragraphs below their own statement that 170 people came from all over the country to clean up someone else's neighborhood.

It appears "the tired image of our failing urban cores. That the poor people in this dilapidated city can’t take care of their own neighborhoods" is at least partially true here.

Be skeptical, that's fine. Maybe it wasn't 12 tons. Maybe it wasn't 300 people. But that's arguing semantics while ignoring the fact that the old adage is partially true here given this particular neighborhood couldn't be bothered to clean at least one area for at least 11 years.

Unfortunately, according to the Sun's editorial board, this guy only credible if he actually returns to a city and state he doesn't live in to clean it up. That's petty as hell cloaked in veiled attempts at giving him a pat on the back.

MiddleGround