West Point Removes “Duty, Honor, Country” from its Mission Statement

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The official West Point Press Release is here: West Point Mission Statement Update.

Personally, this wouldn’t bother me a whole lot if it wasn’t another in a continuing series of body blows to our nation’s military and the service academies in particular. I’ve always thought “mission statements” were a weak excuse to shore up mediocre leadership, so I don’t really pay attention to them a whole lot, but look at what else is going on:

Biden’s Gaza Floating Port Plan Generating Concern Among Military Professionals
Military Experts Blame Biden Admin’s DEI Agenda for Our Shrinking Armed Forces
In Latest Blow to U.S. Military Readiness, Biden Administration Set to Spend Nearly $270 Million on DEI
USS Boxer Unable to Get Underway after Two-Year $200 Million Overhaul, Symptom of Military Readiness Problems
Navy Drag Queen Recruiters – Definitive Evidence that the Military has Lost Its Way
I could go on and on and on, but you get the idea. This is the latest retreat from a military totally focused on locating, targeting, and destroying the enemy in defense of this great country, to a military now focused on the latest LGBTQI+ nonsense, DEI/CRT madness, or anything except military readiness.

Don’t forget that the last universities expressly using race in admissions, and fighting like hell to keep it that way, are the service academies.

WingsOfGold

Pathetic, I have no doubt tens of thousands of cadets were proud of that credo, FJB and that bastard that didn't resign Austin. Hopefully cancer is the cure.

dave20

These communists keep chipping away at our standards and Motto's that promote loyalty and esprit de corps .
If we don't wake up we will soon find ourselves without the country we once knew.