What are they building on the corner near Lowes on 235?

bcg

I also heard a BJ's. I hope so. It would be great. What is with those 2 tire stores so close together? If BJ's comes with their great tire prices, they may put them both out of business.

John Z

if you will
Yep, it has been in the SoMD section in the Sunday post. The permit and everything is approved; it is a BJ's. Have the started building yet? I love the one up in 'dorf where I live. Will this new one have a gas station too? That way I can gas up on the way to work (the one up here opens too late for me to hit in the morning).

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Yes, the major steel is going up for the building. We went by there yesterday and they were working (on a Sunday of a holiday weekend, no less!) on putting up the canopy for the gas pumps. :yay:

Yes, it is a BJ's. The developer got permission to build it by building the public pool down in Great Mills (or wherever it is). Once the pool was done, they were allowed to start on the BJ's. Once this is up, there will be no reason to go to Waldork for anything other than seeing family. YIPPEE!!!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by huntr1
Once this is up, there will be no reason to go to Waldork for anything
That's what 2A and I were saying. We usually go to Sam's (never been in BJ's) but if they as good or better than Sam's we won't be going anymore.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by Sharon
That's what 2A and I were saying. We usually go to Sam's (never been in BJ's) but if they as good or better than Sam's we won't be going anymore.

We used to go to Sam's, but let our membership lapse and replaced it w/ a BJ's one because we heard about this one going up by Lowe's. Bj's is just as good as Sam's. They take coupons and all major credit cards which Sam's doesn't. They also installed self check outs in the Waldorf store recently, which most people either love or hate.

Oh huntr, there are other reasons to go to Waldorf, what about the Sears tool department?

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Toxick
What the crap is BJ's?

I know what it sounds like - but I doubt that's it...
Its like Sams Club.
You know where you can get 5 gallon buckets of mayonaise and 40lb bags of peanuts and stuff like that...

John Z

if you will
What the crap is BJ's?

Boo, hiss! :biggrin:

It is a warehouse club, like Sam's/Costco/Price Club...

Dymphna

What the crap is BJ's?

I don't think the founders of the company were counting on the dirty minds around here.

BJ's is like Sam's Club, Costco, Price Club etc. A membership warehouse store where everything is available in large quantities.

John Z

if you will
Originally posted by mainman
Its like Sams Club.
You know where you can get 5 gallon buckets of mayonaise and 40lb bags of peanuts and stuff like that...

That reminds me of when Marge Simpson went to the Monstro Mart:

"Ooh, that's a great price for twelve pounds of nutmeg!"

:roflmao:

Originally posted by cmcdanal
Oh huntr, there are other reasons to go to Waldorf, what about the Sears tool department?

There's a Sears in Wildwood. You saying I can go buy more tools??? :biggrin:

Dymphna

There's a Sears in Wildwood. You saying I can go buy more tools??? :biggrin:

They don't have anywhere near the selection of the main store in Waldorf. And NO you can't BUY anything, but I know how much you like to window shop.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Psst Huntr - ifn ya are allowed to go buy tools I'll help ya. :lol:

I dunno BJ's sounds pertty good to me - bulk dawg food and treats. Do they sell ammo too?

:biggrin:

Originally posted by migtig

I dunno BJ's sounds pertty good to me - bulk dawg food and treats. Do they sell ammo too?

It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission

They don't sell ammo, but they do carry a 4-wheeler. Can't shoot, but ya can get muddy.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by migtig

I hope you appreciate the restrain I showed with your post. :roflmao:

Dymphna

It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission

They don't sell ammo, but they do carry a 4-wheeler. Can't shoot, but ya can get muddy.

Yeah, but I can cancel all your credit cards.:biggrin: