What are they building on the corner near Lowes on 235?

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by jazz lady
Yes, the major steel is going up for the building. We went by there yesterday and they were working (on a Sunday of a holiday weekend, no less!) on putting up the canopy for the gas pumps. :yay:

Don't know if they've got it cleared up or not but as of last week they couldn't install the holding tanks for the gas b/c of the WaWa purchase of the western steer, something about limited ammount of tanks allowed in an area.:confused:

willie

Wawa bought the Western Steer property?? I thought we had already reached the saturation point.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
My understanding was that Wawa put in a bid, pending zoning approval. That was denied because of the traffic flow on that corner.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Came by Western Steer today and the sign said "Sold". But maybe BJs beat them to the punch on permission for gas tanks, because the gas station is going up fast.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by cmcdanal
My understanding was that Wawa put in a bid, pending zoning approval. That was denied because of the traffic flow on that corner.

I saw the owner of the Steer yesterday. It will be a WaWa

SamSpade

Personally I think a gas station on that corner is a disaster waiting to happen, but I could be wrong. Jeez, don't we have enough gas stations from that corner down to Pax? But a really rockin' restaurant or even a movie theater at that spot would be a fantastic idea. I know a handful of people who don't know Lexington Park *has* a movie theater.

I think that yes, we do need a new movie theatre, but not there. Imagine the traffic hell when a blockbuster movie lets out and 400 people are all trying to get out of the parking lot at the same time as another 400 are trying to get in for the next showing. All while everyone else is trying to go to the base, BJ's or Target. Might as well move to Waldorf for all that traffic.

SamSpade

No, see that is why it is PERFECT for a movie theatre because the lot is EMPTY during normal working hours. Heck, make the lot big enough and it could be a commuter lot.

joedancer

bookman
update on BJ's

A rep from BJ's came by my bookshop in Leonardtown yesterday and indeed BJ's will open in November. They are selling pre memberships already. She did not know about a Wawa going in and BJ's is installing 30 gas pumps. Just thought I would share this with you all.
Joe

John Z

if you will
Re: Re: update on BJ's

Originally posted by huntr1
30 gas pumps :yikes:

Wow, that is a lot. The BJ's in the 'dorf has only 12 I think. And of those, there are always 2 or 3 "down".