What are your thoughts on the President's new proposal for immigration and ending the shutdown?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He's hinted as much previously. Just not openly supporting the idea. I mean, how could anyone deport someone who
1. Has never known any life but here in the U.S.
2. May very likely know NO ONE in their former country.
3. May ONLY speak English.

I don't think anyone is in favor of "deporting" young people who are for all intents and purposes Americans. It's the "dreamers" who keep getting in trouble with the cops, don't speak a word of English, and are not Americans in any way, shape, or form who need to get the hell out.

This is another media/Democrat manipulation: trying to convince us that some violent gang member with a rap sheet a mile long is a "dreamer".

Hijinx

I don't think anyone is in favor of "deporting" young people who are for all intents and purposes Americans. It's the "dreamers" who keep getting in trouble with the cops, don't speak a word of English, and are not Americans in any way, shape, or form who need to get the hell out.

This is another media/Democrat manipulation: trying to convince us that some violent gang member with a rap sheet a mile long is a "dreamer".

He dreams of becoming El Chappo

MiddleGround

This has to be, BY FAR, your most idiotic posts I have ever seen on here. Let's go through them shall we?

Ok...so to start with just the basic points (the same ones that have been said over and over again)

1. The humanitarian crisis on our southern border is largely the result of Trump's policies (or more to the point Stephen Millers' policies)

Are you saying it is Trump who is single-handedly responsible for the violence in their countries of origin? That IS the narrative that the lefty nuts are pushing. "They are only coming here for a better life and to flee the violence of their country." Their countries have only had problems for the last 2 years and change solely due to Trump policies?

2. drugs don't come into this country on the backs of women and children who are coming here seeking asylum

Have you ever talked to a BP agent or someone from the DEA who checks people coming into the US for drugs? If you did, you would know that this is a patent LIE. Smugglers bring drugs inside condoms swallowed by kids as young as 8 years old!

3. Our "immigration system" encompasses more than our border with Mexico and will require much more than a wall or other measures to fix.

Yes it does however, the vast majority of drug and illegal problems are coming from the southern border. Fix the big problems first and then let YOUR PRESIDENT fix the others :yay:

4. No one is demanding open borders

Don't talk to your libprog buddies much do ya'? They are most definitely asking for this exact thing!

5. there is no crisis on the southern border...there wasn't one when an incompetent and inept businessman came down an escalator 3.5 years ago and there isn't one now.

Please refer to the answer for #2

BTW...for those who still don't understand how deals are made...they don't occur by talking ONLY to your staff and then announcing your offer on national TV.

This is correct. It requires give and take and cooperation. So far.. Trump is the only one who has conceded anything. The Democratic leadership has only said "NO!"

Hijinx

IMO much of the crisis is coming from Soros an his lefties who are going down to these countries and encouraging these people to march in an invasion of our country.
They don't care what happens to these people, they just tell them lies and turn the loose to fend for themselves.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I don't think anyone is in favor of "deporting" young people who are for all intents and purposes Americans. It's the "dreamers" who keep getting in trouble with the cops, don't speak a word of English, and are not Americans in any way, shape, or form who need to get the hell out. This is another media/Democrat manipulation: trying to convince us that some violent gang member with a rap sheet a mile long is a "dreamer".

I am. If you came here illegally, whether on your parents backs or on foot, are not a naturalized citizen, you are not an American, (there are no, for all intents and purposes here) you get a one-way pass back to your home country. Why we allow this is crazy. No other country does. If you think some do, go ahead and give it a try.

BOP

I do believe that Pelosi is trying to force Trump to declare an Emergency and I would bet she already has the judges she owns lined up to file an injunction.

I am pretty tired of this crap the Democrats under Pelosi are doing.
I have been watching her appearances before the media, and I find it hard to believe that they haven't figured out yet that her mental faculties are not up to par.
It would be interesting to see if she is taking medication to slow it's degradation. I would bet that she is.
It's hard to hide when you are appearing before the press so often, surprised the party hasn't recognized it.

Grumpy said

I agree that common sense would at some time appear and this would happen, but I am having trouble remembering when common sense appeared in a Democrat forum.
After all they re-elected her to the Speakers chair.

It could be exacerbated by stress...look at Hill Dawg during the campaign and after.

Hijinx

It could be exacerbated by stress...look at Hill Dawg during the campaign and after.

Certainly stress is a factor when the mind is weakening to begin with.

But a good point is that these people are getting up in age and there should be an age limit as well as term limits.

Last edited:

Hijinx

I might add that in order to be eligible for the Presidency the candidate must be 35 years old.
A Senator must be 30 and a member of the House must be 25.

It seems absurd that these age limits must be observed when there is no upper limit.

Although younger minds may not have the experiences of those with more years to their credit, these minds are certainly in their prime and we cannot say the same for people in the 70th and 80th years. If there is a lower age limit there should be an older limit.

SamSpade

I might add that in order to be eligible for the Presidency the candidate must be 35 years old.

It seems absurd that these age limits must be observed when there is no upper limit.

Although younger minds may not have the experiences of those with more years to their credit, these minds are certainly in their prime and we cannot say the same for people in the 70th and 80th years. If there is a lower age limit there should be an older limit.

We had some outstanding statesman in the early days of our republic who were great until advanced ages.
Men like John Jay and Ben Franklin served this nation tremendously until very late in life.
I think what we SHOULD do is find a simple way to keep our leaders accountable, that we can all agree on.
Right now, the 25th amendment was being used as a political ploy to oust a duly elected President - because
people didn't agree with him. I don't want to ever see that being used across the board.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Those age requirements seem especially absurd when you realize that the progs are insisting that "children" should be kept on their parents' health insurance until they are 26. Mature enough to be a Congressperson, but not mature enough to have your own insurance.

These days 35 year olds are practically infants - look at their pop culture - yet somehow they are mature enough to be President of the United States. I'd pick any 70 year old in this country before I'd pick Eminem or Kim Kardashian.

Hijinx

I believe Eminem and Kim Kardashian are pretty sorry examples of American youth.
Naming those two I would definitely agree with you, but not all of the younger generation is as thoroughly messed up in the head as those two.

But then there is Ocasio-Cortez, maybe you have a point.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Ok...so to start with just the basic points (the same ones that have been said over and over again)

1. The humanitarian crisis on our southern border is largely the result of Trump's policies (or more to the point Stephen Millers' policies)

2. drugs don't come into this country on the backs of women and children who are coming here seeking asylum

3. Our "immigration system" encompasses more than our border with Mexico and will require much more than a wall or other measures to fix.

4. No one is demanding open borders

5. there is no crisis on the southern border...there wasn't one when an incompetent and inept businessman came down an escalator 3.5 years ago and there isn't one now.

As for his "plan"...here it is in a nutshell...Trump says "give me everything I want"...in return he offers temporary daca relief. That is what this boils down to.

In other words...Trump is offering nothing in return for everything.

This dumbass had a better deal in Dec of 2017...he spent the majority of his time doing what he always does...lying and restating past lies.

BTW...for those who still don't understand how deals are made...they don't occur by talking ONLY to your staff and then announcing your offer on national TV. Trump is a f***ing buffoon. Always has been...always will be.

This will go nowhere...because it wasn't intended to do anything else.

For the first time, in almost a moth, Trump has offered a realistic proposal. Maybe not the best but it is something and Pelosi said no before Trump was even done with his speech. That was inexcusable. Pelosi should've taken this offer.

Hijinx

For the first time, in almost a moth, Trump has offered a realistic proposal. Maybe not the best but it is something and Pelosi said no before Trump was even done with his speech. That was inexcusable. Pelosi should've taken this offer.

Some time or other these people are going to have to be put back to work.
Pelosi now owns the shut down.
Trump is trying to offer a deal, Pelosi needs to come up with a counter offer.

She cannot just keep saying No.

Midnightrider

Some time or other these people are going to have to be put back to work.
Pelosi now owns the shut down.
Trump is trying to offer a deal, Pelosi needs to come up with a counter offer.

She cannot just keep saying No.

i think you are going to see Mitch take trumps plan to the senate for a vote and when it fails i think he tell the president he is going to have a vote on the 6 spending bills that the house passed.

luvmygdaughters

Its really very basic. Nancy Pelosi hates Trump more than she loves her country and supports her constituents. No matter what President Trump proposes, Pelosi will turn it down. He'll have to declare a state of emergency to get the government open and running again as long as that senile, evil broad is Speaker of the House.

This_person

i think you are going to see Mitch take trumps plan to the senate for a vote and when it fails i think he tell the president he is going to have a vote on the 6 spending bills that the house passed.

I think they'll fail to get through cloture, which will show Dems are blocking actual reform, putting more pressure on Pelosi to pass the spending bill passed by the last House. I mean, that was BEFORE the shutdown. So, why didn't the Senate pass it? Schumer refused wouldn't give the votes to get it to pass cloture.

In the past, Democrats were able to get Republicans to negotiate with themselves until the Republicans negotiated themselves into the Democrat position.

Trump won't do that.

That's a good thing.

Chris0nllyn

You know. I just give less and less of a #### each day.

Build the ####ing wall. Who cares. It's almost $6 billion. Not much in terms of our budget and the (majority) useless govt. workers can get back to sucking the govt. teet and the govt. can do what it does best. Waste tax dollars.

Regarding Trump's proposal. He wants almost $6 billion for about 230 miles of wall/fencing/steel barrier in exchange for a 3 year extension of stay for 700,000 Dreamers and 300,000 TPS holders. So, Trump wants almost $6 billion for a wall, hundreds of millions to stop drugs and whatever else he said.....all for a 3 year kick-the-can-down-the-road solution. And we're supposed to believe (if you read GURPS' threads) that this "deal" effectively seals his re-election.

Trump's DACA appeal failed to pass the SCOTUS sniff-test (as they declined to hear the appeal), thus forcing the lower court rulings on DACA (it'll stay in place for at least a year). Had SCOTUS taken up the case they likely would have sided with Trump, giving him broader latitude for a deal. Pelosi already said this "deal" is DoA (likely to try for a better deal), and it's worth noting that Democrats have already given up any hope of legalizing all of the 11 million of so illegals out there.

Now, for anyone who can see beyond a few weeks or months, or hell, even beyond a presidency; visualize what would happen if this deal goes through and Trump hypothetically wins a re-election. If he wins, Trump will be talking about this same thing in a short time and will be asking for more of a wall because, let's be honest, the wall won't solve any of the problems he's mentioned. If the Democrats win, the Republicans will go back to railing about amnesty and trying to prevent the Dems from legalizing the Dreamers. The last two presidents tried "comprehensive immigration reform" to no avail because any real solution has to prevent illegal immigration and barriers or DACA or whatever won't accomplish that. The only real reform that will do that is to allow them to come here and work/live legally. We would know who they are, where they live, and they'd pay taxes while they worked jobs that Americans simply don't want. We also know that Trump's rhetoric about how illegals lower American pay and take our jobs leads approximately zero people to believe Trump (or any leading Democrat at the moment) is interested in an actual solution.

Why would they want one? This is great politicial gamesmanship for both sides. Both sides do jack #### in Congress, bicker about each other, divide the country (because we all know your political affiliation means everything), spend our money unwisely, and whine about perceived racism and MAGA hats and Gillette commercials and whatever trivial bull#### we can come up with next.

Last edited:

SamSpade

You know. I just give less and less of a #### each day.

Build the ####ing wall. Who cares. It's almost $6 billion. Not much in terms of our budget and the (majority) useless govt. workers can get back to sucking the govt. teet and the govt. can do what it does best. Waste tax dollars.

Regarding Trump's proposal. He wants almost $6 billion for about 230 miles of wall/fencing/steel barrier in exchange for a 3 month extension of stay for 700,000 Dreamers and 300,000 TPS holders..

Three MONTHS? Link? Pretty sure it's three YEARS.

SamSpade

It is three years. Thanks

I saw someone on the news this morning who represents illegals in court and she said, that's a good start, because
it is up to Congress to make the situation permanent. Obviously Trump would have to sign it, but this is what he can
actually do, and she supports the idea.

Yes it is kicking the can down the road, but the President doesn't make law. Congress does.