What do you do when your husband hates horses???

breezy9999

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone else argues over there horsies with thier husband/wife? SO frustrating and I will never give it up!!!

PrepH4U

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone else argues over there horsies with thier husband/wife? SO frustrating and I will never give it up!!!

We never argue over them. We kind of were left the caretaker of the first horse and so we purchased another to keep her company. One time we even had a mini donkey also. Hubby has been the one that has to provide all of the muscle when it comes to haying and keeping up the stalls.
We knew the costs involved and have never looked back.

Why is your hubby so against you having horses? Is it the time you are with them or is it because of the money?

sockgirl77

Which came first...hubby or horsies? If he married you knowing that you were a horsenut then ignore him. If he married you before you became one...then blow him more. :shrug:

ladyhawk

Hey guys,

I woudn't say my husband hates them, but he would be okay if I didn't have them. When I bought my first horse, we had an understanding that it was a permanent situation, although that doesn't apply to the other two I have added since..

Now I work full time so I try to provide as much financiallly so they don't become an issue, although I'm not sure how our "new" farm plays into that, because he pays the larger bills we have but we still share accounts when we need to.

I am their caretaker, cleaning stalls, waking early to feed, ect... and I try not to ask him for help otherwise but he does help when asked. There are just some things I know he does better than me! I think the only time they might be a kink in our relationship is when we want to "spur of the moment" leave town for the weekend...

It can be difficult to find babysitters!

June

As a previous husband of a horse-wife, the horses always win. No contest. But if he was smart, he'd bail before you kicked him to the curb.

breezy9999

We never argue over them. We kind of were left the caretaker of the first horse and so we purchased another to keep her company. One time we even had a mini donkey also. Hubby has been the one that has to provide all of the muscle when it comes to haying and keeping up the stalls.
We knew the costs involved and have never looked back.

Why is your hubby so against you having horses? Is it the time you are with them or is it because of the money?

Both money and time, but I work off board (feed in the am mon-fri but doesn't affect or take time from him) so I only pay for farrier, occasionally a vet bill. He always complains about me going to the farm. I may trail ride once a week and he gets mad about that. Oh and he met me when I was teaching lessons and a barn manager. I owned a horse then and of course he talked me into selling when I was pregnant with my first daughter. So no surprises on the horses!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
My X and I used to fight over the horses..It was "my" thing..I came across my new man (almost 3 yrs already can you believe that) on an online dating service for horse lovers (lets see how many of you all actually read the horse forums lol) and we merged two farms into one...double the horses lol..I do the daily maintenance and we do the big stuff together...going to get hay...putting round bales out with the tractor...fences...etc....Oh and we ride together too...lol..Its great...I am the one now that is always saying lets sell something lol... Oh what was the question again lol

see no blows needed either...lol that would be just icing on the cake for something else...

breezy9999

My X and I used to fight over the horses..It was "my" thing..I came across my new man (almost 3 yrs already can you believe that) on an online dating service for horse lovers (lets see how many of you all actually read the horse forums lol) and we merged two farms into one...double the horses lol..I do the daily maintenance and we do the big stuff together...going to get hay...putting round bales out with the tractor...fences...etc....Oh and we ride together too...lol..Its great...I am the one now that is always saying lets sell something lol... Oh what was the question again lol

see no blows needed either...lol that would be just icing on the cake for something else...

LOL guess that's what I need to do, find me a man who loves horses!! My kids love them too so it's very frustrating!

PrepH4U

Both money and time, but I work off board (feed in the am mon-fri but doesn't affect or take time from him) so I only pay for farrier, occasionally a vet bill. He always complains about me going to the farm. I may trail ride once a week and he gets mad about that. Oh and he met me when I was teaching lessons and a barn manager. I owned a horse then and of course he talked me into selling when I was pregnant with my first daughter. So no surprises on the horses!

I am sorry for this BUT Oh hell no! He went into the marriage with both eyes open. How can he now demand that you now give them up?
Something else is wrong and I don't think it has anything at all to do with the horses or you going to ride once a week. He seriously sounds like a control freak and a very selfish and needy one at that. An occasional vet bill or a farrier bill is a very little price to have to pay for a hobby that you and your whole family can enjoy. You & I both know getting a child involved with riding is a very rewarding hobby to keep them off the streets when they are teens.

Doesn't he have any hobbies?