What do you think about a DeSantis/Cruz ticket?

HemiHauler

Cruz is the wrong kind of spic; he’s hated in Florida. Hell, he was behind Abbott in 2020. Will never happen.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I could vote for that....maybe. Barring any asinine missteps on their part or new information about them coming to light.

He is not a natural born citizen of the United States of America and therefore ineligible to be president, let alone vice-president as the Constitutional requirements are the same for each office. Sorry. Pick another VP candidate.

HemiHauler

He is not a natural born citizen of the United States of America and therefore ineligible to be president, let alone vice-president as the Constitutional requirements are the same for each office. Sorry. Pick another VP candidate.

Inb4 “that didn’t stop Barky O’bommer!”

LightRoasted

If I may ...

Inb4 “that didn’t stop Barky O’bommer!”

The chosen Manchurian candidate had the cards, and the media complex, in his favor at the time. Plus they provided a very accurate and unquestionable Hawaiian birth certificate to prove his provenance. /s

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

They already played that out in the courts in 2016. He had dual Canadian/US citizenship, but renounced the Canadian part. Because his mother was a US citizen working in Canada when he was born, Cruz is considered a natural born US citizen.

Tech

His mother is an American born in Delaware therefore he is a natural born citizen.

HemiHauler

They already played that out in the courts in 2016. He had dual Canadian/US citizenship, but renounced the Canadian part. Because his mother was a US citizen working in Canada when he was born, Cruz is considered a natural born US citizen.

Sorry, Pookie. Nope.

He is a US Citizen by birthright. Whether or not he's a "natural born" citizen has not been adjudicated by any court, and nor can he be deemed as such until such adjudication happens.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I am for any DeSantis ticket.....he is not going to "F" it up with a bad VP choice.

Abbott, Haley, Scott, Youngkin,

glhs837

Power with Control
I mean really, what does the VP functionally mean past getting votes? I could vote that ticket.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

After more research, there appears to be a significant difference between a "natural born citizen" and a "naturalized citizen".

If Cruz has one of these, which he must have to be recognized as a US citizen ... then he is not a natural born citizen, but a naturalized, by statute, citizen.

1677768119998.png

Here is letter of record from New Hampshire gov website arguing the difference when Cruz ran for president. Makes for a strong case.

Clem72

Sorry, Pookie. Nope.

He is a US Citizen by birthright. Whether or not he's a "natural born" citizen has not been adjudicated by any court, and nor can he be deemed as such until such adjudication happens.
Yes it has been done before. John McCain comes to mind.

HemiHauler

Yes it has been done before. John McCain comes to mind.
The McCain situation was similar, but the point is the case can’t be tested in the courts UNTIL someone like either one of those two win. Someone with standing will then need to bring the case to have it adjudicated.