What do you think.

Hijinx

We have St. Mary's County Commissioner O'Connor running for Sherriff.
We have O'Connor's wife running for his Commissioner's seat.

Now I don't know the positions that his wife holds, perhaps they are political opposites, but to me it looks like O'Connor wants to hold 2 positions in St. Mary's County Government.
I haven't been all that impressed with his accomplishments as a commissioner, and I don't think his positions in St. Mary's County are worthy of his holding 2 jobs.

What do the rest of you think?

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, he gets credit for standing up to Cameron on the stupid red light camera bullshit. That carries a lot of weight for me.

Reactions: TPD

Bonehead

Red light cameras do work. It could slow down some of the blatent disregard for red lights. I don't rely on them now to know when it is safe to proceed. I don't see any reason to replace Cameron either. I don't favor an O'Conner dynasty in the county.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Red light cameras do work. It could slow down some of the blatent disregard for red lights. I don't rely on them now to know when it is safe to proceed. I don't see any reason to replace Cameron either. I don't favor an O'Conner dynasty in the county either.

No, no they dont. What they do do is increase the amount of rear end collisions, to the point were economically, you spend more on those than the few red light runners who cause crashes. The blatant runners are usually inside the second overlap before the opposing side gets green. The folks causing crashes are the ones who are simply oblivious to the light at all. And they are just as oblivious to the cameras. They are a cash grab is what they are.

Hijinx

Red light cameras do work. It could slow down some of the blatent disregard for red lights. I don't rely on them now to know when it is safe to proceed. I don't see any reason to replace Cameron either. I don't favor an O'Conner dynasty in the county.
I don't believe Cameron is running again.

IMO it is the height of arrogance for O'Connor to assume we liked him so much that we would let him be Sherriff and County Commissioner via his wife.

PeoplesElbow

I don't see any reason to replace Cameron either.
How about the current wave of shootings, the sheriff dept seems inept at stoping the shootings, even blocks from their fancy new building on GMR?

How about their lack of traffic enforcement on RT235 during the hours it needs it most?

Grumpy

How about the current wave of shootings, the sheriff dept seems inept at stoping the shootings, even blocks from their fancy new building on GMR?
I believe the courts would be more effective in stopping the shooting..Are the police supposed to have extrasensory perception to know when a shooting is gonna happen?? It seems when the police do catch someone having an illegal gun or a perp that shot someone, they are in and out of court and back on the street lickety split.

GregV814

IN addition to impudent district court commissioners and more lame district court judges releasing arrestees way too soon, (you know CoVid and marginalized community standards), we have oversite committees that read every opportunity to charge officers with wrongdoing.

How'bout that.

PeoplesElbow

I believe the courts would be more effective in stopping the shooting..Are the police supposed to have extrasensory perception to know when a shooting is gonna happen?? It seems when the police do catch someone having an illegal gun or a perp that shot someone, they are in and out of court and back on the street lickety split.
They hassle the dirtbags, I don't care if they give them wood shampoos, make them move away if they want to be dirtbags.

Where I come from the type doing the shooting disappeared.

OccamsRazor

There is PLENTY of work to be done for police work around here. Starting from the not-so-important (Misuse of Historic tags, expired registrations, etc.) to the more important (increased shootings, dangerous roads, drugs, etc.) but for some reason people keep thinking that re-electing the same people over and over will get it done. Same goes for the judicial system with letting people back on to the streets.

What is that definition of insanity again?

Bonehead

How about their lack of traffic enforcement on RT235 during the hours it needs it most?
I think if any of these issues are going to be addressed the Sheriff's dept. needs more manpower and $. Those animals doing the shooting and going to do it until they run out of bullets. As for 235 traffic enforcement has never been applied there to my knowledge.

PeoplesElbow

I think if any of these issues are going to be addressed the Sheriff's dept. needs more manpower and $. Those animals doing the shooting and going to do it until they run out of bullets. As for 235 traffic enforcement has never been applied there to my knowledge.
On Sunday morning it has, quite frequently.