What is Up With Pax River????

LuckyMe143

The only issue I have is the fact no one is on the same page but its not hard to use your own judgement whether or not you should go to work. Just call your supervisor's and talk to them. Please be safe when driving and try to have a good day.

BernieP

Resident PIA
DynCorp employees have much to be disgruntled about.

I understand that, as I am sure many do. But the point made was he shouldn't be posting that stuff online. His beef is with DynCorp, not NAS or NAVAIR.
The call on MEP I believe rests with the commanding officer of NAS, which he has done in conjunction with tenant commands.
I have received emails (to my home account), phone calls and text messages from people in my chain of command. Direction was clear, STAY HOME!

Not sure why, but the message was received.

Pingsteal

That Gin & Juicers hunk.
Not denying that one bit ~ but it's not too smart to post on the NAS Pax River FB page.

I don't see what's wrong with what was posted. From where I sit, it's the truth. And it was never about wanting or not wanting to go to work. It's about DynCorp doing everything in its power to circumvent an agreement it has with its employees.

You have what was billed as this historic, dangerous, and powerful storm bearing down on us, and while every other agency on base is telling their people to stay away, DynCorp is demanding its people to come in. I went in yesterday. My 'mission essential' status was sitting around in an empty hangar until 3pm. I have to wonder if the person who demanded we report to work, reported himself to work yesterday. I doubt it.

I really don't expect anyone who doesn't work at DynCorp that's not in a management position to understand the gripes people have. And if you have friends that can 'take their place', then please direct them to DynCorp International - We Serve Today For a Better Tomorrow and put in for all the Pax River vacancies that are there, and that have continually been listed for the past several years. Like I said I have seen more than a few people (if I had to put a count on it it would be over 150 easy) come and go in the six years I have been there. An I have also seen some downright unethical and shady dealings go down.

But hey. What do I know? Certainly nowhere near as much as all these people posting on here that we need to be replaced and such or the union BS and whatnot. They sure sound like people that have seen and heard and lived the things others have. This is why I've only posted a few times since 2009. Too many know-it-all morons who think try no more than everyone else on here.

MarieB

I don't see what's wrong with what was posted. From where I sit, it's the truth. And it was never about wanting or not wanting to go to work. It's about DynCorp doing everything in its power to circumvent an agreement it has with its employees.

You have what was billed as this historic, dangerous, and powerful storm bearing down on us, and while every other agency on base is telling their people to stay away, DynCorp is demanding its people to come in. I went in yesterday. My 'mission essential' status was sitting around in an empty hangar until 3pm. I have to wonder if the person who demanded we report to work, reported himself to work yesterday. I doubt it.

I really don't expect anyone who doesn't work at DynCorp that's not in a management position to understand the gripes people have. And if you have friends that can 'take their place', then please direct them to DynCorp International - We Serve Today For a Better Tomorrow and put in for all the Pax River vacancies that are there, and that have continually been listed for the past several years. Like I said I have seen more than a few people (if I had to put a count on it it would be over 150 easy) come and go in the six years I have been there. An I have also seen some downright unethical and shady dealings go down.

But hey. What do I know? Certainly nowhere near as much as all these people posting on here that we need to be replaced and such or the union BS and whatnot. They sure sound like people that have seen and heard and lived the things others have. This is why I've only posted a few times since 2009. Too many know-it-all morons who think try no more than everyone else on here.

There are a lot of ####ty employers out there taking advantage of our economy and the lack of jobs - it sucks

BUT, "your" next potential employer just may come across those messages placed on that facebook page. He may not bother asking "you" for an explanation. ("you" meaning anyone who posts messages like that)

C

czygvtwkr

Did they not allow you to take leave or take off without pay?

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K

You're kidding me? You think it's okay to post what that guy did on NAS Pax Rivers page? Are you that guy?

I know that DynCorp is not the greatest company to work for some. For you though, if it's so bad, then why do you work there? Why don't you report the 'downright unethecal and shady dealings' ? There's a Fraud, Waste & Abuse Hotline that you can report these type of things.

Is it better to have a job with DynCorp than no job?

glhs837

Power with Control

Let me guess that you are part of the union in some way? I remember being told back in the day that the coming of the union meant that Dyn couldn't jerk people around like this anymore, that the workers would be taken care of. Hows that workin out? I see they got stuff, but it doesn't seem they got what we always wanted, not to be treated like fryer operators at Mickey Ds.

I worked in a dyn shop for three years maybe 3-4 years before the union came in, and talked to shop level guys before and after. Seemed the same environment before as after, except with more money and some perks. No real change in how the workers are treated, but maybe I missed it.

edinsomd

When did we become a nation of such wimps?

There is nothing going outside except a little rain and wind. A summer thunderstorm is worse than current and expected workday conditions.

You remind me of my old CO in VX-1 during The Big Ice Storm last century. I heard on the radio that the base was closed, MEP only with the exception of VX-1 personnel. So the entire squadron, those that didn't wind up in a ditch, mustered in the hangar just in time to be told to go home. Seems the Base CO had a few choice words with ours.

His concurrent Change of Command and Retirement Ceremony was a big hit with everyone. Except for our old CO, of course.

And you're an idiot, too.

Pingsteal

That Gin & Juicers hunk.
You're kidding me? You think it's okay to post what that guy did on NAS Pax Rivers page? Are you that guy?

I know that DynCorp is not the greatest company to work for some. For you though, if it's so bad, then why do you work there? Why don't you report the 'downright unethecal and shady dealings' ? There's a Fraud, Waste & Abuse Hotline that you can report these type of things.

Is it better to have a job with DynCorp than no job?

Who's to say I have not reported those things? As I said, I don't expect anyone to understand the frustrations people have unless they themselves are living it.

Pingsteal

That Gin & Juicers hunk.
Let me guess that you are part of the union in some way? I remember being told back in the day that the coming of the union meant that Dyn couldn't jerk people around like this anymore, that the workers would be taken care of. Hows that workin out? I see they got stuff, but it doesn't seem they got what we always wanted, not to be treated like fryer operators at Mickey Ds.

I worked in a dyn shop for three years maybe 3-4 years before the union came in, and talked to shop level guys before and after. Seemed the same environment before as after, except with more money and some perks. No real change in how the workers are treated, but maybe I missed it.

I used to be active in the union. I am no longer.

glhs837

Power with Control
You remind me of my old CO in VX-1 during The Big Ice Storm last century. I heard on the radio that the base was closed, MEP only with the exception of VX-1 personnel. So the entire squadron, those that didn't wind up in a ditch, mustered in the hangar just in time to be told to go home. Seems the Base CO had a few choice words with ours.

His concurrent Change of Command and Retirement Ceremony was a big hit with everyone. Except for our old CO, of course.

And you're an idiot, too.

I remember that:) "If I can make it here from 30 miles up the road. "

spike2763

From FB:

NAS Patuxent River has resumed normal operations as of noon, Tuesday, Oct. 30. Employees with extenuating circumstances should contact their supervisors for reporting instructions.