What is Your Hair Color

Your natural hair color is

• Total voters

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Not what color your hair is today, but what color it is naturally. IF YOU ARE GRAY - pick the color you had prior!!!

All Brown haired people please pick light/medium brown.

I'm just curious. If you want to volunteer that you dye, bleach or highlight your hair -feel free.

I color my hair a lot because I've been going gray since I was a teen.

Last edited:

Jameo

What?!
Not what color your hair is today, but what color it is naturally. I'm just curious. If you want to volunteer that you dye, bleach or highlight your hair -feel free.

I don't remember :lmao:

Toxick

Splat
Not what color your hair is today, but what color it is naturally. I'm just curious. If you want to volunteer that you dye, bleach or highlight your hair -feel free.

I saw my first gray hair when I was 19 years old.

Looking in the mirror, it seems that I still have more pepper than salt, although when I get haircuts, I'm astonished by the amount of gray I see in the floor sweepings. The past two years have given rise to a couple of blinding sprouts in my facial hair. :/

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Genetic mutations, DNA strands and even the area in the world that your ancestors hail from has been given in the past as reasons for your hair color.
Human hair color - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However if you look into it, everything is pretty speculative.

What's definitely known is hair color happens because of a kind of pigment called melanin (eumelanin and phomelanin).

If your hair has a lot of eumelanin, it will be black; a little eumelanin and your hair will be blonde.

:shrug: I'm curious about genetic traits and different observations and various outcomes. This is in no way a true scientific study, but more like a sampling from an amateur science buff. :smile:

Toxick

Splat
And I'm curious.... what would go into the "Other" category? Natural hair colors are kind of limited in variety.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
My hair is my natural color right now, a light brown with a hint of red-ish. but I didn't color it while pregnant or since, so it has been awhile since i did something fun...but I have done evrything fron bright red highlights, to two tone, to purple panels..hair is so fun.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
And I'm curious.... what would go into the "Other" category? Natural hair colors are kind of limited in variety.
Yes, but I didn't want to discount the "strawberry blondes" or the people who just like to vote in polls without really wanting to volunteer any info.

I voted "other", because my hair is 40% Blonde, and 60% Grey!
You should have voted Blonde :nono:

I was born a blonde and there are pictures to prove it. But I developed jet black hair shortly after. As I aged, by hair lightened into almost black with red undertones and gray hair.:lol: Nowadays I'm bottle brown. But I still chose "Black" for the purpose of this tread/poll.

Toxick

Splat
Yes, but I didn't want to discount the "strawberry blondes" or the people who just like to vote in polls without really wanting to volunteer any info.

Gotcha... And I see a few mentions of gray. I should have thought "gray" since I actually brought it up in my post.

And, by the by - just throwing this out there in case anyone is curious - the carpet does, in fact, match the drapes.

You're welcome for the mental image.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Dark brown isn't an option so I selected "other".

I might be 5% gray at this point but the color is still quite dark.

The truest way to find out your current natural color would be to shave your head bald and then evaluate after two months of new growth with no dying/bleaching.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Gotcha... And I see a few mentions of gray. I should have thought "gray" since I actually brought it up in my post.

And, by the by - just throwing this out there in case anyone is curious - the carpet does, in fact, match the drapes.

You're welcome for the mental image.

:swoon: :faint: Be still my beating heart.

:lol: I wish "gray" folks would pick their natural color prior to going gray. They are skueing my results. :mad:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Actually - there really isn't a dark brown. There is brown or black. All folks who feel their hair is "dark" Brown - will be going into the brown category. But I think some of you belong in "black" personally.

BTW, I saw someone vote other who fits in a category listed. :nono: :mad: I will be correcting that as well on my statistics sheet.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Actually - there really isn't a dark brown. There is brown or black. All folks who feel their hair is "dark" Brown - will be going into the brown category. But I think some of you belong in "black" personally.

BTW, I saw someone vote other who fits in a category listed. :nono: :mad: I will be correcting that as well on my statistics sheet.

:nerd:

Roman

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood the Poll. You can put me in the Blonde Category, but I LOVE my Gray!!! Maybe the wording to the Poll s/b "Before going Gray, what was your natural hair Color".