What Kind of Fries do You Prefer?

What are your preferred fries?

• Total voters

TPD

the poor dad
Seems to be a bit of a debate in another thread over fries so cast your vote here.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I do like the Five Guys fries. And McDonald's, but I hardly ever go there.

SamSpade

I like the kind of fries McDonald's makes, however you name them.

The only problem with McD fries is, they're best - and really, ONLY good - right away. When they're still hot. Afterwards, once they're cold, not so much and even air-frying them at home never re-captures the fresh out of the fryer taste.

I say "problem" because I know this, wolf down the fries and realize - I've got no room in the belly for anything else. I've filled up on fries, even when I order medium size.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My step-grandfather once decided to deep fry what I think we're Birds Eye brand fries. They were mashed and formed sort of like cheese doodles with lengthwise ridges. Really hard to explain because I was too young to actually care at the time. The were meant for the oven, but he deep fried them to perfection. Just the right balance of potato, crunch, grease, and salt. Not really a fry, but man were they righteous.

Back to the poll, crispy shoestrings are my pick.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My step-grandfather once decided to deep fry what I think we're Birds Eye brand fries. They were mashed and formed sort of like cheese doodles with lengthwise ridges. Really hard to explain because I was too young to actually care at the time. The were meant for the oven, but he deep fried them to perfection. Just the right balance of potato, crunch, grease, and salt. Not really a fry, but man were they righteous.

Back to the poll, crispy shoestrings are my pick.

Yeah, I don't care how "unhealthy" it is, fries (and tots) get fried, not baked.