What Kind of Fries do You Prefer?

What are your preferred fries?

• Total voters

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think because of peanut allergies. Peanut oil IS the best for frying.
I actually worked in a McDonald's for a few months back around late 1977 and early 1978.. Poor college kid with no car and the McD's was not a a 1/2-mile walk from my apartment. It was an extraordinarily well run store..a well-oiled production machine and the food quality was excellent. We could run entire busloads through the drive-in in 15 minutes. If anyone was made to sit at the drive-through in their car for more than 2 minutes, the store manager was cracking the whip big time. To this day I can't help but compare that store's performance to the utter crap we see in a McD's nowadays. All of them.

I always volunteered to close. Closers got to take home all the food that was left in the bins when the store closed. I was a popular fella....returning to my meager apartment to be greeted by a bunch of my buddies with powerful cases of the munchies.

I "invented" some sammiches too. Since I worked the grill, I could assemble anything I wanted to. When a buddy rolled in, I knew what they wanted and would make it up and stuff it in to the standard burger box. the looks from the counter folks were priceless. Lessee..I "invented" the Double Fish Fillet with Extra Cheese....the Big Mac made with 1/4-pounder patties...The "Triple-Quarter-Pounder...(really had to smash the hell outa that one to get it in the box..)

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I actually worked in a McDonald's for a few months back around late 1977 and early 1978.. Poor college kid with no car and the McD's was not a a 1/2-mile walk from my apartment. It was an extraordinarily well run store..a well-oiled production machine and the food quality was excellent. We could run entire busloads through the drive-in in 15 minutes. If anyone was made to sit at the drive-through in their car for more than 2 minutes, the store manager was cracking the whip big time. To this day I can't help but compare that store's performance to the utter crap we see in a McD's nowadays. All of them.

I always volunteered to close. Closers got to take home all the food that was left in the bins when the store closed. I was a popular fella....returning to my meager apartment to be greeted by a bunch of my buddies with powerful cases of the munchies.
You remember the 12 turn lay?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I like crispy, but not shoestring or skinny fries. I like the thicker cut with or without crinkles. :lol: (But not steak fries, except once in awhile)

And I like my fries nekked with no salt, and must have ketchup to dip!

PJay

Cracker Barrel's covered with gravy hamburger steak, steak fries, and an extra bowl of gravy to dip fries in.

May have to visit again, real soon...

SamSpade

Cracker Barrel's covered with gravy hamburger steak, steak fries, and an extra bowl of gravy to dip fries in.

May have to visit again, real soon...
Ok so now what's the difference between poutine --- and fries, with gravy? (I guess they also add cheese).

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Ok so now what's the difference between poutine --- and fries, with gravy? (I guess they also add cheese).
First time I ran into that stuff I stopped at a truck stop up there, sat down in the restaurant and when they took the order just said I want a burger and Fries with a Coke.

When the plate arrived my outside voice said W T F ????

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm still with you on the diet. Dropped 15lbs pretty quick (like 2-3 weeks), only another 2lbs or so since then.
Took me a little longer to drop 15lbs, but I am felling better. I figure now that the weather has turned, I'll be spending a lot of time working outside so I'll be burning more fat.

NextJen

Raisin cane
... it makes me a jolly good fellow
I like beer, it helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow
Whiskey's too rough, Champagne costs too much, vodka puts my mouth in gear
This little refrain should help me explain as a matter of fact I like beer
If the whiskey’s too rough, you ain’t drinkin’ the good stuff.

But about fries, I like crinkle cut fried in oil, but I typically put them in the air fryer because I’m lazy and hate cleaning up grease spatter. I’ll sprinkle a little Old Bay on them and eat them like that, no condiments.

I also like steak fries with sour cream to dip them in. (Think baked potato)