What kind of human food

K

Kain99

I'll give credit where it's due. My son Ryan trained our Labs. They even ring the doorbell when they wanna come in. If I fed one of them table food he would flip out and lose his mind.

So my poor babies, are sad souls.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Sonic Cheese Sticks are a GIANT hit with the Anipals. Pearl the hound dog will make drool ropes watching me eat pizza. Sonic Chicken Poppers are the latest treat we've been sharing. I share last bites with them, and since there are a ton of dogs, that's usually half my meal, with each dog getting a bite. No one has suffered any ill effects from it.

Otto has eaten onion rings, grapes and Reese's Peanutbutter Cups (not given up willingly by me) and is still going strong.

I know my knowledge about dogs is better than average, but my life revolves around them. It always astonishes me that people don't know the bare basics of how to keep them safe.(the tylenol thing)

I got one of my cats, the 2nd one, from a guy who was going to feed her to a snake. I thought they just told me that to get me to take her. That was 14 years ago.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Sonic Cheese Sticks are a GIANT hit with the Anipals. Pearl the hound dog will make drool ropes watching me eat pizza. Sonic Chicken Poppers are the latest treat we've been sharing. I share last bites with them, and since there are a ton of dogs, that's usually half my meal, with each dog getting a bite. No one has suffered any ill effects from it.

Otto has eaten onion rings, grapes and Reese's Peanutbutter Cups (not given up willingly by me) and is still going strong.

I know my knowledge about dogs is better than average, but my life revolves around them. It always astonishes me that people don't know the bare basics of how to keep them safe.(the tylenol thing)

I got one of my cats, the 2nd one, from a guy who was going to feed her to a snake. I thought they just told me that to get me to take her. That was 14 years ago.

PLEASE DO NOT FEED YOUR DOG GRAPES OR RAISINS, IT CAUSES ACUTE RENAL FAILURE!!!

Onions aren't good either and there has been some debate about garlic. 12 years ago I had 2 beautiful femal choc labs Toby and Hailey. I would feed them Iams mixed with olive oil, fresh or powder garlic, brewers yeast and warm water, it was dog food "gravy". Occasionally they would vomit so I chalked it up to them getting into a dead animal in the woods because labs will eat anything. Hailey was getting sick around age 3 on a regular basis, one night it was so bad she was laying on the kitchen floor so lethargic and still vomiting, mostly foamy bile and she was hot, her ears and belly (bare skin) so I knew her temp was up. I rushed her to 24 hr animal emergency care, they hooked her up to an iv and started pumping her with fluid. She became weak with anemia and renal failure. I had to make a decision after 3 days of sitting by her crate at the vet. The Dr. was asking me questions about her diet, I let him know what I was doing with her food. He told me stop imediately becuase it will kill Toby too. We went over the list of people food that we shouldn't give our dogs and fresh garlic was iffy.

I let her go around 11pm on the 3rd night. :angel: :bawl:

I don't want anybody to have to ever go through someting like that, something that could have been prevented. Be aware friends.

Angel

~*~*~
The only people food I give to my fur kid are cheese and peanut butter. She only gets treated to one or the other once in awhile.

Last edited:

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
My Chi loves canned green beans. We give them to her as a treat. We don't use a dog bone because they can be fattening if you give them more than one or two a day. She also loves carrots, apples, bananas, and sweet potatoes. I buy her the Stage 3 baby sweet potatoes and dump the jar in her bowl, she usually doesn't let me finish dumping before she is licking the inside of the jar. We feed both of our muts good food - the GSD gets Nutro Max senior (she is 11) and The Chi gets Science Diet light, so she keeps her weight down (She likes to cheat every now and then by eating the GSD's food and vice versa).

Last edited:
R

remaxrealtor

I found this recipe on the foodnetwork site:

frozen strawberries, ripe bananas, plain fat-free yogurt and a litle honey...run through the food processor and freeze.

Miss Dog LOVES it, and it's a nice treat in the hot weather.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Both dogs LOVE veggies and rice, along with apple slices. They do love chicken, ham, and steak when there is any left over. The big treat is meat gravy over a bowl of kibble.

One cat will beg for lunch meat :lmao: