What should I do?

BuddyLee

Football addict
itsbob said:
:lmao: No seriously. They contacted my brother when he lost his wallet (the second time):lol:

You mean if no one was home when they made that initial call they'd just throw it on the pile-o-wallets?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
BuddyLee said:
:lmao: No seriously. They contacted my brother when he lost his wallet (the second time):lol:

You mean if no one was home when they made that initial call they'd just throw it on the pile-o-wallets?
MAYBE if you lost in some small town where crime isn't a problem, and the cops have nothing better to do.. then MAYBE they'd attempt to do more.. but go into any sizable town or city, and I doubt they'd even make the first attempt. Again, what you do depends on what you want to accomplish.. Do you want to see the wallet returned, or do you want to rid yourself of the responsibility? Do a little research yourself, or turn into the local po-po? Either choice is the right choice, just depends on the outcome you desire.

I hope my wallet is found by someone that would want to see it returned to me.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I agree with contacting the base but if that was not a factor I wouldn't have kept it or contacted the people.

I would have turned it in to the police and probably the security guy only because I would want to wash my hands of it as quickly as possible. I just don't like holding on to people's personal info because it makes me uncomfortable like I am privy to something that I shouldn't be.

I agree what CitySherry did was outstanding and hats off to her efforts. :yay:

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
LexiGirl75 said:
I agree with contacting the base but if that was not a factor I wouldn't have kept it or contacted the people.

I would have turned it in to the police and probably the security guy only because I would want to wash my hands of it as quickly as possible. I just don't like holding on to people's personal info because it makes me uncomfortable like I am privy to something that I shouldn't be.

I agree CS's servitude is outstanding and hats off to your efforts. :yay:
ser·vi·tude ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sûrv-td, -tyd)
n.

A state of subjection to an owner or master.
Lack of personal freedom, as to act as one chooses.
Forced labor imposed as a punishment for crime: penal servitude in labor camps.
Law. A right that grants use of another's property.

I don't think her act of human kindness and compassion really falls into any of the above definitions of servitude.. you wanna try another noun??

Like I said before, both answeres are right, but if you lost your wallet, who would you rather find it? CitySherry, or Lexi??

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Basically said I didn't want the responsibility.

itsbob said:
ser·vi·tude ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sûrv-td, -tyd)
n.

A state of subjection to an owner or master.
Lack of personal freedom, as to act as one chooses.
Forced labor imposed as a punishment for crime: penal servitude in labor camps.
Law. A right that grants use of another's property.

I don't think her act of human kindness and compassion really falls into any of the above definitions of servitude.. you wanna try another noun??

Like I said before, both answeres are right, but if you lost your wallet, who would you rather find it? CitySherry, or Lexi??

Believe me when I say that I would prefer to not ever have the opportunity.

CitySherry, in no way was I meaning to describe your act of kindness in that way. :flowers: