what song are you listening to?

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I have no clue why I woke up with this song on my mind, maybe because the sun was shining?

SamSpade

I have no clue why I woke up with this song on my mind, maybe because the sun was shining?

We have - or rather - had - an inside family joke with this song. Years ago, we watched both Chocolate Factory movies - the Wilder one (my favorite) and the Depp one. Depp, as always, is especially adept at playing EXTREMELY WEIRD characters, running the gamut from Edward Scissorhands to Captain jack Sparrow and Barnabas Collins. And his Wonka is no different - he plays him as extremely brilliant, weird and socially totally inept.

His first words to the golden ticket bearing crowd is "Good Morning Starshine - the Earth says hello!" in his comically nasal voice, which I repeated often to my children afterward, when they came up for breakfast.

My youngest, who to this day still gets easily tongue-tied, would repeat it as "Good morning, starshine ----------------- it's Earth Day!" because she couldn't remember the line. She was about 6 at the time, so it was especially cute.