what song are you listening to?

BOP

This ####ING RIPS!!!!!!

I don't like FF, at all but, man, they killed this!! And ZB gets a free beer for nuttin' up and getting his Sabbath on!!!

Ditto on FF. Like ZB, but not a frequent listener. I think they did more than a credible job. The drummer's got it going on.

Oh, and can we trade Letterman for 5 terrorists to be named later? They take Letterman, and we give them 5 terrorists of our choosing. Hell, I'll even throw in Bergdahl, even though they're probably happen to get rid of that whiny little biatch.

Last edited:

BOP

Mary James and her brother Frank playing "Joy, with portions of "Ode to Joy," on the banjo. I stumbled across her a few years back, and I dig her. :yay: I forget how many instruments she plays, and she sings, too.

This is a new one to me...I'd not heard this one before today. I really like this one. "Iron Horse."

Last edited:

BOP

This is a band one of my shipmates turned me on to back when I was in the Navy. This is "Spanish Moon/Skin It Back," which has been on several of their albums, including Feats Don't Fail Me Now, Waiting for Columbus, Down Upon the Swannee River, and a few others. It's a jam, sam! I like the one on Down Upon the Swannee River best, but I didn't find that version or anything from that album on youtube. This is very, very close to that version. One version uses Tower of Power's brass section, plus the lineup changed from time-to-time, but it's all good stuff.

Little Feat - "Spanish Moon & Skin It Back (Live From Neon Park)"

Last edited:

BOP

I'm having my second cup :coffee: and listening to Folgelberg and Weisberg's Twin Sons of Different Mothers album. To me, this is their best work, either as individuals or as a collaboration.

I did not see the actual complete album on youtube, as more and more people upload those, but this should play all the songs on the album that various people have uploaded separately. I haven’t checked to see if they’re all there, but I’d be surprised if they weren’t.

Here are the tracks on the album, if you want to check:

"Twins Theme" – 1:29
"Intimidation" – 3:27
"Lazy Susan" – 2:36
"Guitar Etude No. 3" – 2:53
"Tell Me to My Face" (Allan Clarke, Tony Hicks, Graham Nash) – 7:15
"Hurtwood Alley" – 2:48
"Lahaina Luna" – 3:15
"Paris Nocturne" – 3:34
"Since You've Asked" (Judy Collins) – 2:41
"The Power of Gold" – 4:34

Last edited:

BOP

It's October (he said somewhat unnecessarily), and being October, the season of traditions begins. Marathon horror shows, including, but not limited to vampires and zombies, original Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, and the annual screenings of the Wizard of Oz, and Alice's Restaurant.

It's a couple of weekends too soon for the Wiz and Alice's Restaurant, but in the meantime, Arlo Guthrie singing the Steve Goodman hit, City of New Orleans. I like it so much, I'm going to listen to it twice.

BOP

For all you love bug junkies out there, a song of romance with John Prine and Iris DeMent. I saw John in San Diego one year with Arlo Guthrie. Excellent concert.

This here's called "In Spite of Ourselves."

mamatutu

mama to two
For all you love bug junkies out there, a song of romance with John Prine and Iris DeMent. I saw John in San Diego one year with Arlo Guthrie. Excellent concert.

This here's called "In Spite of Ourselves."

:dance: Love, love, love the song. Made me laugh big time! I just fell in love with my hub again today even though we went through hell on the beltway to get to Olney to visit with our daughter. I am not a good passenger! :lol: We are sittin' on a rainbow in spite of ourselves. :yay:

BOP

:dance: Love, love, love the song. Made me laugh big time! I just fell in love with my hub again today even though we went through hell on the beltway to get to Olney to visit with our daughter. I am not a good passenger! :lol: We are sittin' on a rainbow in spite of ourselves. :yay:

Ca c'est bon!

BOP

I love me some Scott Bradlee and Postmodern Jukebox because, well, they love me. That, and they're so eclectic and awesome!

Awesome stuff, and they're on tour this year. Philadelphia, PA, Knoxville, TN, and Charlottesville, VA are the closet venues, but not a lot of time before those happen.

RPMDAD

A definitely different take on one of my all time favorites Thunderstruck.

[video=youtube;uT3SBzmDxGk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk[/video]

BOP

CWS Friday, I'm groovin' on the only album Blind Faith ever put out. It's called "Blind Faith," naturally. There's video on youtube of a 50-some minute concert in Hyde Park (London) where they basically play this album. I had this album on vinyl, years and years ago; wish I still did. Probably fetch a few bucks, huh?

Last edited:

BOP

Old dude playing his azz off on air guitar, in his skivvies at this hour of the morning. :larry:

RPMDAD

LIKE John Prine , one of my favorites.