what song are you listening to?

V

veritas

Not like anyone will actually listen to this.

I did. I recognized a few words (French student here, for better or WORSE) that sounded like "salmonella" translating loosely to "poisoning" of a relationship, and something that sounds like he is "scorching her," loosely translated as he burned her. I get all that!

and then the Rammstein piece following...... jeez, you are an eclectic bunch of music lovers on SOMD. This is a very interesting thread.

BOP

New one to me: Samantha Fish Band playing "War Pigs," by Black Sabbath. The music's good, her voice isn't made for the song. Still, credible effort.

BOP

Duane Eddy "Rebel Rouser." Excellent instrumental, and you have to ignore the fact that this was way way before wireless.

BOP

I bought this album when it came out, still have it around here somewhere. One of my all-time favorite Emmylou Harris songs, "Roses in the Snow" from the album of the same name.

BOP

The Temptations - "Papa Was a Rolling Stone." Long version, won't play on mobile devices.

BOP

Suzi Quatro - "Can the Can." Just because...black leather? It's as good a reason as any.

BOP

Imelda May, "Train Kept a Rollin'." Closer to the original rockabilly sound than the Yardbirds' version.

Imelda May sings "Inside Out" on Graham Norton

The versatility of the woman is stunning. Imelda May & The Dubliners "I Wish I Had Someone."

Last edited:

BOP

This duo popped up during my Imelda May-a-thon the other day.

"Pass That Bottle" - The Devil's Daughters AZ Rockabilly