What the Chauvin jury knows and we don't

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This Trial Was A Disgrace

From the beginning, we had politicians, media hacks, cultural poohbahs, and Twitter twerps demanding a pound of flesh. This was not outrage over a perceived crime – it was a mob interested in scoring points. A literal mob. People burned down the town where it happened. And a lot of other towns.

So, in an environment of violent chaos, did our glorious establishment stand up to defend the justice system by doubling down on the due process protections every accused is entitled to?

Of course, it did because courage in the face of controversy is the hallmark of our magnificent elite. They are our betters and worthy inheritors of the greatest nation in human history.

I’ll give you a second to stop laughing.

phreddyp

This Trial Was A Disgrace

From the beginning, we had politicians, media hacks, cultural poohbahs, and Twitter twerps demanding a pound of flesh. This was not outrage over a perceived crime – it was a mob interested in scoring points. A literal mob. People burned down the town where it happened. And a lot of other towns.

So, in an environment of violent chaos, did our glorious establishment stand up to defend the justice system by doubling down on the due process protections every accused is entitled to?

Of course, it did because courage in the face of controversy is the hallmark of our magnificent elite. They are our betters and worthy inheritors of the greatest nation in human history.

I’ll give you a second to stop laughing.
The system worked exactly as it was designed to do , a convicted murderer is off the streets . Something you and your brethren and me all agree on when someone is convicted of murder . He will have another chance on appeal not like George his sentence is permanent .

phreddyp

Thank God and Fentanyl George is gone.

Hopefully it's lowered to "improper disposal" as a misdemeanor.
Amazing that MY family members 3 retired 3 active LEO's all saying Chauvin F**ked up and yours didn't , wonder why that was ?

Hijinx

I am still confounded how one man who was founds guilty of one killing can be guilty of 3 charges .
Can the Judge give him consecutive sentences?

By all rights the jury should have picked one of the charges and found him guilty of it.
Of course this Jury was a joke anyway. IMO. They went home every night and listened to the news of the trial they were sitting on, and yes I know the Judge told them not to, but i also know enough about humans to know they disobeyed that rule.

phreddyp

I am still confounded how one man who was founds guilty of one killing can be guilty of 3 charges .

By all rights the jury should have picked one of the charges and found him guilty of it.
Of course this Jury was a joke anyway. IMO. They went home every night and listened to the news of the trial they were sitting on, and yes I know the Judge told them not to, but i also know enough about humans to know they disobeyed that rule.
I can only think that they convicted him on all charges so if one or two are thrown out on appeal he will still be convicted of the third unless the whole trial is thrown out.

As for the jury they have been going home after court for centuries, then going to the tavern or pubs or dinner and mingling with people talking about the trial and still make well thought out decisions with the evidence given in court.

frequentflier

happy to be living

I think his fate was sealed when the county paid off the family before the trial. Then add maxipad waters stirring the pot.