What the Chauvin jury knows and we don't

phreddyp

Chauvin will get this overturned and it'll start all over again.
Yeah but for the time being he is still in some deeeeep poop and most likely will not survive to senior status. Bet he wishes he had those 9 minutes back for a do over.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Yeah but for the time being he is still in some deeeeep poop and most likely will not survive to senior status. Bet he wishes he had those 9 minutes back for a do over.
Is it really that deeeeeeep? While garnering three convictions he will only be sentenced under the top count. For that he could get up to 40 years, however sentencing guidelines call for something like 12.5 years for a 1st timer. Now factor in good behavior and what, maybe 8 years? He might have/need/demand to do it all in solitary but it doesn't seem all that bad.

phreddyp

Is it really that deeeeeeep? While garnering three convictions he will only be sentenced under the top count. For that he could get up to 40 years, however sentencing guidelines call for something like 12.5 years for a 1st timer. Now factor in good behavior and what, maybe 8 years? He might have/need/demand to do it all in solitary but it doesn't seem all that bad.
Well if you think being locked up for 8 years is not too bad you are a lot tougher than me.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If you want to make change, you have to get on the Jury - Activist Jury Member seems like good basis for a Mistrial

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
REVEALED: Chauvin juror who promised judge impartiality now says people should join juries ‘to spark some change', wore BLM shirt in 2020

#52 wearing a BLM - Your Knee Off Our Necks .....

Congratz Dumbass ..... you just handed the defense a mistrial

Hijinx

I guess it's about perspective.
Not so bad if he was responsible for Floyd's death.

But IMO it was proved beyond a doubt that Floyd was a dead man when he swallowed all of that fentanyl.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Perhaps forgetting about that photo, Brandon Mitchell gave a radio interview in which he said:

“I mean it’s important if we wanna see some change, we wanna see some things going different, we gotta into these avenues, get into these rooms to try to spark some change,” he said. “Jury duty is one of those things. Jury duty. Voting. All of those things we gotta do.

My friend Lauri Regan, a lawyer, thinks Mitchell may be subject to prosecution for perjury during voir dire, which is conducted under oath:

… he intentionally lied as an activist looking to use [jury membership] as a tactic going forward. He intentionally tried to manipulate a verdict through lying under oath. That’s criminal and if it’s not shut down and quickly, it will become a serious problem in our judicial system. Imagine all of the Black jurors… and white freak jurors who lie in order to convict people with whom they have ideological differences -- the law be damned. One more nail in the coffin of our democracy.
Chauvin’s lawyers may well raise the issue of a tainted jury on appeal. Of course, given all the intimidation, including the extensive destruction in the riots following the death of George Floyd, one wonders if any appellate court would have the courage to overturn any of the verdicts.

phreddyp

you flatter yourself, or is that personal experience talking
Nope I don't think I could stand to be in a 10x8 cell 23 hours a day and yes I have been in several situations where it was prudent to look over my shoulder for my own perceived personal saftey.

Chauvin will be looking over his shoulders for the rest of his life, he is a marked man, some nut case will be looking to take him out.

phreddyp

To me one thing is certain, this police officer was a victim of the media and the looters.
The jury, the judge, the Prosecutor all frightened to find Chauvin not guilty.

He was convicted by the mob.
BULLCRAP ! A murderer is behind bars , please explain to me how that is a bad thing ? I'll wait .