What to do...what to do. Need your opinion ladies.

mainman

Set Trippin
Pandora said:
Who knows there Ronnie.

0-11-2006 09:38 PM The GD rent free #### is overdone - fried, just like your crabflake brain. You couldn't choose a decent friend if your life depended on it. Please move out of state. TYVM
Just wondering kimmiepooo...

And what is that supposed to be up there?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I think Vrai oughta ban all ya'll asses! :drama:

Except then she'd never have any good threads to move to the private forum to get more ciggie bucks. :lol:

Let's get back to this poor guy and his marathon shrine.

Dude -- here's all you need to know. Be honest, tell her what it is. If she freaks, doesn't like it, is uncomfortable, shiatcan the shrine. She's your future, and those shirts are part of your past.

If she's okay with it, you're golden.

Now you :drama:-queens take your crap to Fight Club so you can have it out like good little hate-mongers! :snacks:

J

juggy4805

bulldog said:
I'm in my 40s (not that it matters) and divorced. Currently in a long term relationship with someone and we plan to get married in the not too distant future. Here is where I need some advice.
Way back when...I use to run marathons and other smaller races building up to marathons. As a matter of tradition, at each race they would present you with a T-Shirt for that particular run. They were usually logo type shirts that had a big print on the front of back...sorry, but I don't know how else to explain it. Anyway...after about 25 of these runs, my then wife (now ex) took all of the shirts (with my permission) and cut out the print/patch/logo...and sewed them all together to make a big quilt. On the back she stiched some endearing remark like All my love....and her name. I've kept it for years, but never exposed it to my new sweetie.
Well, we have recently purchased a home together and will be moving at the beginning of the month. We have agreed to my having a "man room" where I can do/display anything I want. I'd really like to display the quilt (REMOVING THE SENTIMENTALS....of course). I know she'll ask where I got it and of course I'd answer honestly. My question is...how would you take it? It has nothing to do with my ex making it for me and everything to do with wanting to keep the shirts as a memory of those races.
What say you ladies? Would I be a jerk for keeping it or am I justified in holding on to some of my past.
By the way...she still has some stuff that her ex bought her...although she never wears it.
Thanks for any input.

Give your new lady an ultimatum. Pictures of naked women or the quilt? Its a win win situation then. :yay: :shrug:

F

Fat Momma

crabcake said:
:confused: Who's being "political"? We're talking about a record of his successes; not his stack of hustlers, or a secret diary with pictures about every time he banged his ex-wife.

This is where women screw up relationships ... thinking men think like they do about crap. He sees t-shirts from his marathons. She (in this case, Kain) sees the evil, mean, horrible ex-wife who's most definately still in love with him, and he clearly must be in love with her because he wants to keep this shrine she made for him.

I am with you crabcake.

Kain I luvs you but if that is the way the woman thinks she has issues. Of course he is going to have past relationships, it is not about that. Just because she is his ex does not automaticaly nomiate her as the bad guy.

As a woman, and I am speaking for myself, I cannot let petty ass shiat like that bother me. He is with me now and that is what I would focus on.
being secured with yourself and the person you are with, means to trust them.

Last edited by a moderator:

camily

Peace
crabcake said:
I think Vrai oughta ban all ya'll asses! :drama:

Except then she'd never have any good threads to move to the private forum to get more ciggie bucks. :lol:

Let's get back to this poor guy and his marathon shrine.

Dude -- here's all you need to know. Be honest, tell her what it is. If she freaks, doesn't like it, is uncomfortable, shiatcan the shrine. She's your future, and those shirts are part of your past.

If she's okay with it, you're golden.

Now you :drama:-queens take your crap to Fight Club so you can have it out like good little hate-mongers! :snacks:
I agree. Eff that quilt. If you want to keep it, keep it in a box, in the basement, behind a locked door.:lol: She IS your future. Maybe she can redo the quilt? Make it her own with her little message. Man, I got a million of them already!! :lmao: :roflmao: Seriously though, she could put a diffrent background? Make more of a collage out of them, whatever. She could even make several small ones as throws or if they were good, wall hangings (for your room).

Susan

cool idea

i think its cool that you kept it, for whatever reason. I mean if even you wanted that memory of your past races, or that memory of the thoughtful idea your ex had in making that quilt. U said you are in ya 40's -- being that age you would have had a past. your new girl has to be grown enough to realize that your ex is your ex and, of course, you have emotions and memories.

F

Fat Momma

Susan said:
i think its cool that you kept it, for whatever reason. I mean if even you wanted that memory of your past races, or that memory of the thoughtful idea your ex had in making that quilt. U said you are in ya 40's -- being that age you would have had a past. your new girl has to be grown enough to realize that your ex is your ex and, of course, you have emotions and memories.

Yup.

bcp

In My Opinion
Tell her that you were torn between the quilt and your autographed condom collection, and you decided on going with the quilt out of respect for her.

trust me, it will work.

F

Fat Momma

bcp said:
Tell her that you were torn between the quilt and your autographed condom collection, and you decided on going with the quilt out of respect for her.

trust me, it will work.

ewwwwwwwwwwww :killingme no wait ewwwwwwwwwww :lmao: no stop laughing ewwwwwwww

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
camily said:
I agree. Eff that quilt. If you want to keep it, keep it in a box, in the basement, behind a locked door.:lol: She IS your future. Maybe she can redo the quilt? Make it her own with her little message. Man, I got a million of them already!! :lmao: :roflmao: Seriously though, she could put a diffrent background? Make more of a collage out of them, whatever. She could even make several small ones as throws or if they were good, wall hangings (for your room).

The new one should put a message on and then when she is the ex the next one can put a message on it and it will be like a Cruise Jacket:yay:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I can't believe a woman would object to his keeping the quilt. He has a bunch of t-shirts from marathons he ran. Someone sewed them together. End of story.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
K_Jo said:
I can't believe a woman would object to his keeping the quilt. He has a bunch of t-shirts from marathons he ran. Someone sewed them together. End of story.
So you let C_Jo keep the scarf :gossip: knitted for him out of Wawa napkins? :eyebrow: