What's everyones hay status?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
SouthernMdRocks said:
Congrats,,, I need you to help me sell some of mine.... :notworthy :biggrin: :biggrin: Cuz you have the knack!!
I'll trade ya a nicely broke little palomino walker for that cute little baby rocky boy of yours :lol:

AgDirect honey-chile AgDirect.

Got someone on the hook for the big gelding you modeled for me too. :biggrin: SWEEEEEEEEEEET.

natbugs

No hay from NY yet....they put me off this week, but I am hoping they pick it up in the am,let you guys know when it shows up!!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Please do...i'll be getting a big load soon, and need to know where to get it. From Which state.

I saw a huge tractor trailer load sitting at the 7-11 across from the WaWa on Rt 5 in Waldorf, uncovered in the RAIN yesterday. :shocking: i'd hate to be the one getting that hay. :frown: Boy i'd be :tantrum

natbugs

the shippers will be here tuesday at 9 am....I was afraid they would come on saturday. we have a show in the am and jousting after noon.That would leave hubby home to unload. I would have heard about that for a long time.This hay is from NY and is 40 lbs orchard/timothy mix.1st load is mine but have 2 other loads on order.

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
natbugs said:
the shippers will be here tuesday at 9 am....I was afraid they would come on saturday. we have a show in the am and jousting after noon.That would leave hubby home to unload. I would have heard about that for a long time.This hay is from NY and is 40 lbs orchard/timothy mix.1st load is mine but have 2 other loads on order.

AWESOME!!:larry:

natbugs

I found more 1st cutting timothy mix hay. 40 lbs bales....delivered to st leonard(calvert county) for $5.00 a bale.I have some in my barn from another farm in the same area of NY if you want to see it...different farmer...but same type of hay.If anyone wants some...I will be getting another load. maybe in the middle of the week. you must be able to be here when the truck comes to get you whole order. gotta have the truck unloaded in 2 hours or they charge more.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
natbugs said:
I found more 1st cutting timothy mix hay. 40 lbs bales....delivered to st leonard(calvert county) for $5.00 a bale.I have some in my barn from another farm in the same area of NY if you want to see it...different farmer...but same type of hay.If anyone wants some...I will be getting another load. maybe in the middle of the week. you must be able to be here when the truck comes to get you whole order. gotta have the truck unloaded in 2 hours or they charge more.
Do they do bigger squares or rounds?

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
happyappygirl said:
Do they do bigger squares or rounds?
Happy,,, waiting to hear back from a couple possibilities on the larger bales..I'll let you know asap. Right now the cheapest I have found was around 45 for delivered rounds, net wrapped and approx..600-700 lbs.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
persimmoncf said:
Has anyone of yous ever fooled with the 3x3x8 bales? Thats what is comming in here. I think feeding it is gonna be a biatch.

Yeah, its gonna be a biatch to feed these...But, the groceries are here, :cartwheel 57 of them. Ive never been so happy to write such a huge check :banghead: Now I have to get another implement for the tractor. This drought has been Very Costly

Attachments

• pics 767.jpg
    pics 767.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 62
  • pics 771.jpg
    pics 771.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
persimmoncf said:
Yeah, its gonna be a biatch to feed these...But, the groceries are here, :cartwheel 57 of them. Ive never been so happy to write such a huge check :banghead: Now I have to get another implement for the tractor. This drought has been Very Costly
Does it look like you're gonna be able to use a hay pole on them? How are you going to manage them? plop half one at a time into the feeder?

RC and boy want me to buy a skidsteer ~in addition to the bulldozer RC is drooling over~ he says THAT is to "cut trails on our property honey" :crazy:

Did they know anyone who had more? We're looking at getting some in Maine, but no answer yet...

Last edited:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Robin said:
The spear works fine for ours. we spear them length wise, also. The center spear is 3 ft and the bottom 2 stabilizers are 1 1/2 ft each haven't had any spin problems. The forks are a pain because you have to get under the bale. And hope you dont grab a rope the wrong way and snap it. They come banded with 5 ropes tight.. We also use a small bobcat. Just make sure you have a ballist box or weight in the tires of the tractor so they dont tip the tractor forward. some folks use the rear bush hog for weight. They are heavy bales
Thank sfor the advise Robin. Unloading was a pain with the forklift. We will be getting a spear.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
happyappygirl said:
Does it look like you're gonna be able to use a hay pole on them? :lol:
RC and boy want me to buy a skidsteer ~in addition to the bulldozer RC is drooling over~ he says THAT is to "cut trails on our property honey" :crazy:
Is that the same as a bobcat...cause if it is I want one. There is one for sale right down the street from you for 11K

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
happyappygirl said:
Does it look like you're gonna be able to use a hay pole on them? How are you going to manage them? plop half one at a time into the feeder?

Did they know anyone who had more? We're looking at getting some in Maine, but no answer yet...
They are anticipating a cutting in 3 weeks he said. He delivered his last 2 loads yesterday...one here and one to PA. He said he is OUT. He did say that he would ask around and get back to me. :coffee:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
persimmoncf said:
They are anticipating a cutting in 3 weeks he said. He delivered his last 2 loads yesterday...one here and one to PA. He said he is OUT. He did say that he would ask around and get back to me. :coffee:
how much per bale?