What's in your Birchbox?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
We know Mig got a miracle product...what did you get? What do you love/hate?

I got:

-Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens (fancy oil blotting papers) - pretty nice, I usually buy the Clean and Clear brand but I might stick with these.
-Kusmi Tea Paris I Love My Detox Tea (2 sachets) - I haven't tasted it yet but it sounds similar to Celestial Seasoning's Sleepytime tea at 10x the cost.
-Color Club Neon Nail Polish in Lava Lamp - super bright orange and will probably only be worn on my toes at the beach. :lol: I'm an Essie girl and I'm sad that the people who picked the Teen Vogue box got an Essie polish.
-Grandma Stelle's Handwash in Verbena Thyme - this smells amazing. It's pricy at $20 but I might use my points to get the full sized for free.
-Traditions by Nick Chavez Yucca Shampooing Cream - just meh. I like my Redken better and it'll probably go in the boys' bathroom.
-Stila Smoky Eye Shadow card - I haven't used this yet, but I'm intrigued by an eye shadow sample being affixed to a card. :lol:

So, even though I'm not impressed with everything I think it was a pretty good box considering the variety.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
:lol:

I received:
*Deborah Lippmann Stripper To Go - Great idea - nail polish remover in a disposable mitt - but I don't wear nail polish on my fingers

*Miss Jessie's® Original Quick Curls - eliminated the frizzes completely in my hair and unlike some products, didn't weigh it down nor leave it dirty feeling

*One Love Organics® Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm - Miracle Product! :lol: Best moisturizer, and stubborn eye make up remover and face cleanser and heaven knows what else product

*PETER THOMAS ROTH Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel - face soap gel and I got a blackhead within two days. I don't regularly get blackheads so I have no recommendation on this product. It just might not have been the right thing for me.

*stila Smoky Eye Shadow - I tried this out and it was easy. I looked like a cheap tramp in minutes and it was the first time I've ever successfully done a smoky eye. However, this really wasn't a good look for me. Good thing I had the MIRACLE product to get all that gunk off my eyes. :lmao:

*Kusmi Tea Paris - I Love My Detox Tea - Funny smelling green tea. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
  • EVE LOM TLC Radiance Cream
  • Koh Gen Do Cleansing Water Cloths
  • Tea Forté® skin-smart™ Teas
  • Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien perfume
  • Traditions by Nick Chavez Yucca Shampooing Cream
  • Color Club Classic Nail Polish in Petal Pink

I liked it all except I don't really drink a lot of hot tea.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
We know Mig got a miracle product...what did you get? What do you love/hate?

I got:

-Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens (fancy oil blotting papers) - pretty nice, I usually buy the Clean and Clear brand but I might stick with these.
-Kusmi Tea Paris I Love My Detox Tea (2 sachets) - I haven't tasted it yet but it sounds similar to Celestial Seasoning's Sleepytime tea at 10x the cost.
-Color Club Neon Nail Polish in Lava Lamp - super bright orange and will probably only be worn on my toes at the beach. :lol: I'm an Essie girl and I'm sad that the people who picked the Teen Vogue box got an Essie polish.
-Grandma Stelle's Handwash in Verbena Thyme - this smells amazing. It's pricy at $20 but I might use my points to get the full sized for free.
-Traditions by Nick Chavez Yucca Shampooing Cream - just meh. I like my Redken better and it'll probably go in the boys' bathroom.
-Stila Smoky Eye Shadow card - I haven't used this yet, but I'm intrigued by an eye shadow sample being affixed to a card. :lol:

So, even though I'm not impressed with everything I think it was a pretty good box considering the variety.

I got the exact same stuff!

pennylane

I just signed up...

Have heard a little about Birchbox and finally decided to sign up (although have to await an "invite"). I'm super excited to receive samples every month!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
*stila Smoky Eye Shadow - I tried this out and it was easy. I looked like a cheap tramp in minutes and it was the first time I've ever successfully done a smoky eye. However, this really wasn't a good look for me. Good thing I had the MIRACLE product to get all that gunk off my eyes. :lmao:
:lmao: I can't handle a smoky eye either.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
:lol:

I received:
*Deborah Lippmann Stripper To Go - Great idea - nail polish remover in a disposable mitt - but I don't wear nail polish on my fingers

*Miss Jessie's® Original Quick Curls - eliminated the frizzes completely in my hair and unlike some products, didn't weigh it down nor leave it dirty feeling
*One Love Organics® Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm - Miracle Product! :lol: Best moisturizer, and stubborn eye make up remover and face cleanser and heaven knows what else product

*PETER THOMAS ROTH Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel - face soap gel and I got a blackhead within two days. I don't regularly get blackheads so I have no recommendation on this product. It just might not have been the right thing for me.

*Kusmi Tea Paris - I Love My Detox Tea - Funny smelling green tea. :shrug:

They sell Miss Jessie's at Target. LOVE everything I've tried. My two favorites are the Cream de la Curl cleansing cream (a non foaming cleaner) and the Curly Meringue (a styling paste). LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Have heard a little about Birchbox and finally decided to sign up (although have to await an "invite"). I'm super excited to receive samples every month!
Do you need an invite from a friend or do they just have a waitlist?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

I think it's so worth it, even when I'm not crazy about the samples I receive. As Pixie and Nickel told me, you can always go back in and edit your beauty profile to change up what kinds of things you are getting.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The only thing out of mine that I'd purchase is the perfume. It's citrusy and bright, but there's a sandalwood note that keeps it from being too fruity. Normally I dab a perfume sample on my wrist, then throw it away. But I kept this one and used it all up.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I think it's so worth it, even when I'm not crazy about the samples I receive. As Pixie and Nickel told me, you can always go back in and edit your beauty profile to change up what kinds of things you are getting.

You can also team up with someone and trade if you don't like your stuff. :lol: My SIL decided to get the Teen Vogue box so that we could trade if one of us got something we really didn't like. She lucked out and got Essie. :mad: And a lot of times I'll just pass anything I don't want on to my brother's girlfriend. She's young and cute and can wear stick on eyeliner. :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
They sell Miss Jessie's at Target. LOVE everything I've tried. My two favorites are the Cream de la Curl cleansing cream (a non foaming cleaner) and the Curly Meringue (a styling paste). LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!
Is it all curly stuff? I love their packaging but I don't do curly anymore. Now that my hair is long it's too heavy to hold a curl and look decent.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
You can also team up with someone and trade if you don't like your stuff. :lol: My SIL decided to get the Teen Vogue box so that we could trade if one of us got something we really didn't like. She lucked out and got Essie. :mad: And a lot of times I'll just pass anything I don't want on to my brother's girlfriend. She's young and cute and can wear stick on eyeliner. :lmao:
Oh gawd that stick on eyeliner that I received last month definitely needs a new home. Great idea.

Is it all curly stuff? I love their packaging but I don't do curly anymore. Now that my hair is long it's too heavy to hold a curl and look decent.
It is all curly, but my hair is longer too now and I'm just a frizz head lately though. This stuff worked well. It seemed like I got more "body" than "curl" and all the frizz is gone.

I'll pick this up at Target if it's cheaper, otherwise it will go on my order later list.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

I believe they have other stuff. I got the curly stuff because humid weather is right around the corner and I've decided not to fight it anymore. Went out to dinner with Hank a few weeks ago and he asked if I had gotten a perm. Nooooo, it's my natural nap and I'm tired of straightening it just to have it start to curl up after 20 minutes.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
"I love the packaging" is probably the most moronic reason for buying something, but it gets me every time. :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Oh gawd that stick on eyeliner that I received last month definitely needs a new home. Great idea.

It is all curly, but my hair is longer too now and I'm just a frizz head lately though. This stuff worked well. It seemed like I got more "body" than "curl" and all the frizz is gone.

I'll pick this up at Target if it's cheaper, otherwise it will go on my order later list.

I believe they have other stuff. I got the curly stuff because humid weather is right around the corner and I've decided not to fight it anymore. Went out to dinner with Hank a few weeks ago and he asked if I had gotten a perm. Nooooo, it's my natural nap and I'm tired of straightening it just to have it start to curl up after 20 minutes.
The good thing about having 2 tons of hair is that it straightens (and stays straight) much easier now that it's pretty long. Unfortunately it looks like 2 tons of crap if I don't straighten it (or curl with a conical iron) whereas before I could just wear it wavy and be okay. Now the back curls up real nice but the front/sides/whatever are straight. Decidedly not cute. :lmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
  • EVE LOM TLC Radiance Cream
  • Koh Gen Do Cleansing Water Cloths
  • Tea Forté® skin-smart™ Teas
  • Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien perfume
  • Traditions by Nick Chavez Yucca Shampooing Cream
  • Color Club Classic Nail Polish in Petal Pink

I liked it all except I don't really drink a lot of hot tea.
The tea is not that good - not much flavor at all. Sleepytime is way better and it's like 2 bucks a box.