What's in your Birchbox?

amb

I had never heard about birchbox until now but its sounds like a fabolous idea! I'm always looking for new things to try and how great if you get a few products every month that you really like!! Thanks for posting ladies!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Ok girls, I checked out Miss Jessie's at Target and it looks like it's for black girls' hair. It's not too heavy, is it? I'm thinking about getting the detangling shampoo and whatever conditioner they have. What else is good?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I entered my e-mail and will be notified when they open 'subscriptions'.

Me, too! Wonder how long it will take and if it would work any faster if someone refers us as a "friend" so they can get 50 extra points? Anyone ever done that before?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Me, too! Wonder how long it will take and if it would work any faster if someone refers us as a "friend" so they can get 50 extra points? Anyone ever done that before?
I got referral points when Mig joined...I'm not sure if there was a waiting list when she signed up. You can follow this link: Deluxe beauty samples delivered to your door monthly | Birchbox or if one of the other gals wants to score some points they can post their referral info and you can feel free to ignore mine! :lol: I've been a member for over a year and I really like it. There was no waitlist when I joined because nobody knew what it was, but I think they were featured on the Today Show a couple of months ago and they've really taken off.

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
I got referral points when Mig joined...I'm not sure if there was a waiting list when she signed up. You can follow this link: Deluxe beauty samples delivered to your door monthly | Birchbox or if one of the other gals wants to score some points they can post their referral info and you can feel free to ignore mine!

Nickel, I signed up using your link and received the message stating that they'll let me know when I can join.

I've never heard of Birchbox and I'm bitter that I hadn't until now. Half of the reason why I order off of Sephora is for the cool samples I get.

Question for you gals - are the samples small samples or are they like travel sizes you can get in the store?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Wirelessly posted

vraiblonde said:
Question for you gals - are the samples small samples or are they like travel sizes you can get in the store?

No, they're nice and big. Like a Sephora deluxe sample.

:yeahthat: Travel size is a good way to describe it. Most of my samples last well over a month with daily use.

Sorry the invite didn't speed up the process for you. I googled around a little and it seems like the wait list is anywhere from 1-2 months. There's another service called My Glam that works the same way but I think they only provide high end makeup samples. I was on their waiting list in January and got an invite within a week. I ended up not subscribing though because I'm pretty picky and very much a creature of habit when it comes to makeup.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
No, they're nice and big. Like a Sephora deluxe sample.

:cool: That's better than fruit or cheese of the month club.

I tried Limburger cheese yesterday. I will not say no to trying anything new. At least I tried it and it was Jessie's house that smelled really bad.

Makeup and such is pretty much safe and would make a nice gift.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I haven't used anything in my April Birchbox yet...I just received it last night. So I'll update once I do.

* Zoya TRUE Spring Collection - Tru - A very pretty purple nail polish

* Wonderstruck Taylor Swift - another perfume sample

* Dropps Laundry Detergent - says it's scented and I tend to need hypo allergenic laundry detergent, so I might not try this sample.

* Juice Beauty Oil-free Moisturizer - I'm still hooked on that miracle stuff from before and don't even know if I want try another moisturizer.

* amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask - this is for the hair and the packaging on the sample is cute

I think I may have had something else in my box, but I can't remember, so again I'll update later.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I got referral points when Mig joined...I'm not sure if there was a waiting list when she signed up. You can follow this link: Deluxe beauty samples delivered to your door monthly | Birchbox or if one of the other gals wants to score some points they can post their referral info and you can feel free to ignore mine! :lol: I've been a member for over a year and I really like it. There was no waitlist when I joined because nobody knew what it was, but I think they were featured on the Today Show a couple of months ago and they've really taken off.
I got on their "waiting list" a few weeks ago and haven't been sent registration information yet. What gives? :confused:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

The only delay was waiting for the month to end so I could get my first shipment. :lol:

I'll take any help I can get - the one love organics item that I'm hooked on now is a bit pricey. :lol: My refer a friend link

Speaking of which - it works like neosporin too. I put it on a scratch on my arms and viola...:lol:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Yeah, I gathered that. I'm just surprised that you'd have to wait so long for an "invite." I've lost interest in it now. :ohwell:

:frown: That's sad. I think this is a great program and you would really enjoy it.

Perhaps, being realistic, they are trying to ensure their "quality" supply meets their demand. I'd rather be waiting to get signed up rather than waiting to get my package/shipment each month. Or even worse, getting crap samples. It sounds as if their recent tv coverage has really swamped them.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I suppose that means you're still waiting. :lol:
I'm kinda bummed about my box this month, but oh well.

Marula Oil - supposedly for your face but that makes me really nervous so I probably won't use it

tarte - lip tint in a pale peach. It's a full size ($24 value) which is great, but the shade is lighter than my natural lip color so really it's like a sheer balm and not even a great one. Whomp whomp.

Wonderstruck Taylor Swift - not terribly offensive. I hate receiving perfume samples but I might use this one.

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream - I received an identical sample for free in my Sephora order on Monday. So, if it's a good product I'll be excited to have 2, otherwise it'll be a nuisance. :lol:

MicrodermaMitt Body Mitt - weird, but I'll probably give it a shot.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
:frown: That's sad. I think this is a great program and you would really enjoy it.

Perhaps, being realistic, they are trying to ensure their "quality" supply meets their demand. I'd rather be waiting to get signed up rather than waiting to get my package/shipment each month. Or even worse, getting crap samples. It sounds as if their recent tv coverage has really swamped them.

Oh I have a thought...maybe I can buy you a "gift" and you can get an account quicker that way.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser

Yeah, I think they grew faster than they intended when they were featured on the Today Show. Like I mentioned in another thread, when I joined I didn't hear about it anywhere for a long time so I felt like I was sitting on this great secret. There were also a lot of samples from repeat companies (Ahava and Zoya come to mind). They seem to be branching out in what they're offering, so hopefully they're just trying to operate within their means and will open up subscriptions in waves so that existing subscribers aren't screwed over with crappy samples.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
So I got the Miss Jessie's detangling shampoo and Quick Curls (the conditioner was out of stock, so I'll have to wait to try that). The shampoo is pretty moisturizing, which I like. I didn't have to use as much conditioner as I usually do and my comb slid right through my hair afterward. I like the Quick Curls too. My hair isn't curly anymore, more wavy than anything. I used a pretty big glob and scrunched it into my hair like crazy. No frizzies and my hair feels very soft. I even used a diffuser to speed up the drying process since it's a little too cold to walk around with wet hair. Usually that's a guarantee that I'll have to pull it up into a bun but it looks the same as if I'd let it air dry. I've been heat styling for so long that I forgot how big my hair is when it's au naturale. It's full of secrets. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Also, the bottle of shampoo says it's "excellent for deep cleaning dirty, smelly hair and scalp with a super detangling action." So that's good to know I guess. :lmao:

amb

Just got my invitation for birch box!! That took what almost a month. I posted on here the same day that I requested, so there is hope for the others that requested as well! You should hopefully get your invite shortly!
:yahoo: