What's in your Birchbox?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
July box

Okay, this one's a definite winner for me!!

• Color Club blue-ming nail polish (green-turquoise) -- a great way to try a color I wouldn't ordinarily wear!
  • Eyeko Skinny Liquic eyeliner -- nice size sample here, can't wait to try this
  • Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint -- teeny tiny sample, will try just because
  • harvey Prince Hello perfume sample (Meyer lemon, white grapefruit, pink plumeria) -- not a perfume person, will give this away.
  • Larabar Uber - Bananas Foster sample size -- will toss this into my purse for one of those "moments" (I think this was a replacement for the Tea Forte minteas that were listed on the card. Fine with me as I'm more of an energy bar person anyway.
  • Birchbox Exclusive neon earbuds (pink buds, green cord)
Nice!!! Arrived today!

On tap for tomorrow --- nail polish fun!!! :yahoo:

I really wish that the website "box" would be up-dated before I actually get the box but hey, that's a minor complaint!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
  • Color Club blue-ming nail polish (green-turquoise) -- a great way to try a color I wouldn't ordinarily wear!
  • harvey Prince Hello perfume sample (Meyer lemon, white grapefruit, pink plumeria) -- not a perfume person, will give this away.
  • Larabar Uber - Bananas Foster sample size -- will toss this into my purse for one of those "moments" (I think this was a replacement for the Tea Forte minteas that were listed on the card. Fine with me as I'm more of an energy bar person anyway.

Ooh, I hope I get those in my box! Should be here tomorrow.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Okay, this one's a definite winner for me!!

Nice!!! Arrived today!

On tap for tomorrow --- nail polish fun!!! :yahoo:

I really wish that the website "box" would be up-dated before I actually get the box but hey, that's a minor complaint!
Very cool! I'm crossing my fingers for a nail polish. :lol:

doubtfull24

Over all better than the last few boxes but this will more than likely be my last.

- Boscia green tea blotting linens ...will use these
- Juliette has a gun perfume... will not use it way to strong yuck
- Stilla lip glaze full size lights sparkly pink ..might use kinda pretty
- Gloss moderne high gloss masque might try suppose to massage in wet hair and rinse
- Tea forte minteas nice size mint tin
- Ear buds pink and blue

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Over all better than the last few boxes but this will more than likely be my last.

- Boscia green tea blotting linens ...will use these
- Juliette has a gun perfume... will not use it way to strong yuck
- Stilla lip glaze full size lights sparkly pink ..might use kinda pretty
- Gloss moderne high gloss masque might try suppose to massage in wet hair and rinse
- Tea forte minteas nice size mint tin
- Ear buds pink and blue

I got exactly what you did...
*I'll try blotting - but I'll probably forget
*the perfume is overwhelming and stinks to high heaven
*I love the lip gloss - but it's sticky - and with a husband and a few dogs running around - sticky lips aren't a good thing.
*The tea mints, well, my husband compared the mint I gave him to dog food and spit it out
*The ear buds work great and match my phone case, so :clap:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I received

Jouer Moisture Tint - I'll try it, but I'm afraid of the "tinting" aspect.
Oscar de la Renta perfume - meh, I certainly won't purchase it.
Larabar uber whatever it is - handed it off to my girls.
Stila lip glaze - used it, it's sticky and too glittery so going in the trash.
Alterna Color Protection - tried it, can't tell if it makes a difference of course, but like the use and smell of what I received last month (Number 4 Super Prep and Protect) better.
Birchbox earbuds - green and pink, will use them and demanded my kids don't take them! :lol:

I have yet to get a nail polish :frown:, maybe I have to change my settings.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
*I love the lip gloss - but it's sticky - and with a husband and a few dogs running around - sticky lips aren't a good thing.

You go to smooch up the dog and end up with hairy lips. Not good.

I like the little bitty nail polishes they send. They're just right for a few applications, and by then I'm tired of the color.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Nail polish report

Color Club blue-ming nail polish (green-turquoise)

Hmmm... I think I like it on the toes but not on the fingers. I keep looking down at my hands & thinking of a sci fi movie character with green skin. Showed hubby my hand & he wanted to know if I wanted some feathers & rings for my hair & ears. :rolleyes: Then he said keep it on for a couple of days to see if you like it.

I think it might be just a hair out of my comfort zone but what the hell -- it's summer! :lmao:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I received

Jouer Moisture Tint - I'll try it, but I'm afraid of the "tinting" aspect.
Oscar de la Renta perfume - meh, I certainly won't purchase it.
Larabar uber whatever it is - handed it off to my girls.
Stila lip glaze - used it, it's sticky and too glittery so going in the trash.
Alterna Color Protection - tried it, can't tell if it makes a difference of course, but like the use and smell of what I received last month (Number 4 Super Prep and Protect) better.
Birchbox earbuds - green and pink, will use them and demanded my kids don't take them! :lol:

I have yet to get a nail polish :frown:, maybe I have to change my settings.

This site was one of the ads when I posted on this thread about the nail polish. I've never heard about it but out of curiosity, took the quiz just for fun. Here's the link if you're interested, although it seemed a bit pricey for me....

Julep™ Maven

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
This site was one of the ads when I posted on this thread about the nail polish. I've never heard about it but out of curiosity, took the quiz just for fun. Here's the link if you're interested, although it seemed a bit pricey for me....

Julep™ Maven
My SILs and I signed up for this last month. We got a "mystery" box for $20 (normal price is $60 but apparently they always release promo codes so you can get them for $20). We each received 3 polishes and a bottle of Argan oil (which is amazing and totally worth $20 to me). Then we did the intro box for a penny (again, promo codes). That gets you 2 polishes and an awesome foot cream. Each month you'll get an email letting you know what you'll receive in your box* and the great part is that you can choose to skip it. This month they were offering 2 polishes (plus a "free" one) and a lip gloss for $20. Not too bad but I passed because 2 of the 3 polishes were glitter. The polish formula is great and if I have any complaints it's that they're on the thick side but I'd rather have thick polish than streaky thin polish. It may not be your thing if you aren't into nail polish (we're obsessed :lol:) but the intro box for a penny is kind of a no brainer. The polishes are quite small and are absolutely not worth the $14 they're trying to sell them for individually, but $20 for 2 polishes and an extra or two isn't that big a deal to me.

*You fill out a survey and are assigned one of 5 style profiles, but the cool thing is that you aren't stuck with it - you can switch boxes at any time.

LazySmurfette

I got:

Alterna Bamboo UV+ Color Protection: Will try this, smells good!

blinc Mascara: Don't wear make up of any kind so will probably give it away.

Harvey Prince Hello: Doesn't smell too bad, like it better than the Dior I rec'd before.

Jouer Luminizing Moisture tint: ehh, I'll try it.

Tea Forte minteas: have yet to try them

Earbuds: pink and blue, always love a free pair as a spare.

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Total score for my box this month!! :yahoo:

I got the bananas foster bar and I tried it on my way to the gym. It was yummy. And, since the box was in the mail all day, it was warm and gooey. I'll definitely be on the lookout for these between the stores and online.

Harvey Prince "Hello" perfume. Smells awesome. I'll wear it.

Boscia B.B. Cream. I'm always afraid to put new things on my face, but I give them a try at least once. I'll probably use it this weekend.

Amika nourishing hair mask and also some oil treatment. I love hair products so I'll give one of these items a whirl tonight.

Ear buds -- yeah buddy!! I haven't been able to find my "good" pair and I've been using ones from United Airlines and they hurt my ears. Score for me!!!

Eyeko liquid eyeliner in black. I typically wear a soft brown but I'll try this for a night when I'm going out. I'm sure I'll like it and the pen is a good size so hopefully it will last a bit.

Thank goodness I didn't get anymore nail polish. I've gotten I think 3 samples in the last 2 boxes.

CandaceMM

Ummmmm ....
Boscia B.B. Cream. I'm always afraid to put new things on my face, but I give them a try at least once. I'll probably use it this weekend.

I use some Boscia products - I like them! I'd give it a try - their products tend to make my face feel super clean and don't cause breakouts. :)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I got the bananas foster bar and I tried it on my way to the gym. It was yummy. And, since the box was in the mail all day, it was warm and gooey. I'll definitely be on the lookout for these between the stores and online.

The health food market in Ltown has practically every flavor of Larabar they make. I love those things!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I got:

Bamboo hair gloss
Jouer moisture tint
Oscar de la Renta Live in Love perfume
Stila lip glaze
Earbuds
Larabar salted nut roll <--this thing was freaking GOOD! My new favorite!

I like everything except the perfume sample.