Votes: 3 3.5%
  • $40,000-$50,000

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • More than $50,000

Votes: 21 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeMac

I think you could get a better idea if there were more lower denominations and less big ones. Something like 0-2500, 2501-5000, 5001-10000 and so on.

And yea, somehow I doubt there are that many with the largest denomination.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
according to WIKI (and we know thats real accurate) The average family in the U.S has about 1000.00 in their savings.
I was going to laugh and say that's crap but looking at the poll maybe it's not far off.

And yea, somehow I doubt there are that many with the largest denomination.
I don't doubt it at all. Someone who's been working 25-30 years should have $50K or more tucked away (yes there are old people here). :lmao:

JoeMac

I suppose that's true, but the op stated money that you can get today. Shouldn't most of that be in accounts that limit withdraw? I also went back and looked at the poll again and the highest denomination is only 50K, for some reason the first time I saw it I thought it was higher.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I suppose that's true, but the op stated money that you can get today. Shouldn't most of that be in accounts that limit withdraw? I also went back and looked at the poll again and the highest denomination is only 50K, for some reason the first time I saw it I thought it was higher.
Yes you're correct. Money you can withdraw today. There's a rule of thumb about how much cash you should have to live for so many months. I don't remember what it is but I know I'm good for over 3 years. :eek:verachiever: :lmao:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Yes you're correct. Money you can withdraw today. There's a rule of thumb about how much cash you should have to live for so many months. I don't remember what it is but I know I'm good for over 3 years. :eek:verachiever: :lmao:

Man I am so broke..................

CrashTest

I keep enough to live on for about 8 months. I think any more is unwise since NFCU is now paying a whopping 0.40% on savings.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
We keep around $50K in savings, we like to have access to a chunk of cash in case of emergencies. I'm trying not to even look at our investments these days with how the market has been lately :twitch:

Christy

b*tch rocket

Will you marry me? :flowers:

I just got my NFCU dividend so I think I'm up to about twelve cents. :jet:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have interest phobia, so I keep enough in savings to pay for anything major that might happen - new roof, car goes kerflooey, whatever. Every extra penny I have goes into paying off my mortgage (that interest phobia thing).