What's so hard about dating?

J

julz20684

vraiblonde said:
When an old flame calls you out of the blue, what's so hard about calling them back? What do you think they're going to do - yell, "HAHA!! Made you call me back!"? And if you think that's what they WILL do, obviously they're not a very nice person so you wouldn't even entertain the notion of calling them back.

People are so self-protective when it comes to dating and relationships. What's so hard about saying, "I like you"? What's so hard about spending time with someone you like without all these stupid "3 day" rules and crap?

What's so hard about honesty? About saying, "You hurt my feelings"?

Who's going to die if you bare your heart to someone else?

What makes people want relationships with someone who abuses them, yet blow off a perfectly nice person who treats them well?

Why do we get so obsessed with our romantic interests that all common sense flys out the window and we do stupid, self-destructive things?

Any answers?

Don't know the answers, but ask myself that all the time "WHY IS THIS SO HARD"...when will it ever click???

J

julz20684

sleuth said:
Vrai...

I've been asking the same things for years...

I tried the whole honest, no rules approach... that didn't get me anywhere...

I tried the whole games, rules, timeframes approach... didn't get me anywhere either...

So I tried the whole... F-it approach... didn't get me anywhere either...

I'm thinking I just may be out of luck.

Me TOO! Welcome to my world.

J

julz20684

Pete said:
Maybe you are too negative.

Not negative, just tired...but after reading through this entire thread from 3 years ago, I've realized some things. Thanks SOMD forumites...you really do help people! :love:

J

julz20684

ylexot said:
You are so mean!

Originally Posted by Pete
Maybe you are too ugly.

Was this for me as well Pete? The answer is no I'm not. Wanna see?

Pete

Repete
julz20684 said:
Maybe you are too ugly.

Was this for me as well Pete? The answer is no I'm not. Wanna see?
Actually I did not type that, yleexooootay modified my post when he quoted it. It is a common gag around here.

But since you offered, yes I might like to see your goods. :popcorn:

J

julz20684

ylexot said:
Stop it Pete!

Quote:
Maybe you have no sense of humor.

Actually a GREAT sense of humor....so add that to attractive, positive attitude...wow I'm a real catch....again...wanna see Pete? :smooch:

ylexot

Super Genius
julz20684 said:
Quote:

Actually a GREAT sense of humor....so add that to attractive, positive attitude...wow I'm a real catch....again...wanna see Pete? :smooch:
Go for it Pete :yay:

J

julz20684

Pete said:
Actually I did not type that, yleexooootay modified my post when he quoted it. It is a common gag around here.

But since you offered, yes I might like to see your goods. :popcorn:

Time & place?

and oh, sorry Pete....what else ya got yleexooootay

Pete

Repete
julz20684 said:
Quote:

All that....sure, show me what you got. :yay: