What's the Perfect Thermostat Setting?

What is your thermostat set at?

• Total voters

John Z

if you will
I voted 76, but right now we have it at 77 in the main part of the house. We have the thermostat in the bedroom set at 76.

In the winter, we're at either 68 or 69.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
When Im not home, I set it at like 90. Who cares if the house is hot while Im not there. I have a great house, takes like 10 mins to cool when Iget home and slam the thermostat to 50 degress. Like Doug said, best at whatever temp keeps me cool and comfy. Average bill this time of year..$140.00 running the crap out of the air cond. from the time I get home till I leave the next day.

R

RadioPatrol

Window Unit Where My Computers Are - 68 / 70

where I spend most of my time ............

Foxhound

Finishing last
Upper seventies most of the time if I have it on at all. Only cause I have "house guests" right now. I don't mind heat, aka I like it hot! :getdown:

Cowgirl

We keep it around 77 or 78 when we're home. Sometimes if it's really hot we'll turn it down to 76. During the day when we're not there, we turn it up to 82.

In the winter, we keep it around 65. BRrrr.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I keep it on 76 but later in the evening that's a little too cool for me and I usually always shut it off and open up the windows.

Winter it's 76 as well. I like to be warm!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
I like to be warm!
:yeahthat: We keep it at around 78 and it's pretty comfortable. Sometimes I'll have to drop it down to 76, but that's only for a couple hours. In the winter we keep it at around 75, but for the most part the gas fireplace heats the house with little effort.

J

jaybeeztoo

My AC is the bomb. I keep it at 80 when I am awake and turn it down to 75 at night to make sure the roommate upstairs is cool. It gets hot upstairs. It's freezing in here set on 80 in my opinion though.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
The pefect temperature (for me) is between 70-72, however; it is cheaper to run the temperature at 75 degrees in the Summer.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Mikeinsmd said:
Do you have a Cape Cod?

I have a cape cod and it is always hot upstairs. We keep the ac around 70 all day and turn it down to 65 at night. Even with the ac at 65, we use the ceiling fan and have a box fan on each side of the bed. Has to be cool to be able to sleep. We had a guy come look at the unit and he said thats just how cape cods are. Only way to help would be to put in another unit.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Spring, Summer and Fall the A/C is set to 70, window unit in the bedroom 61.

Winter the house is set to 68. At night I close the bedroom door and open the windows. (We had a record of under 32F overnight a couple times). :yay: :yay:

Mikeinsmd

hotmomma said:
I have a cape cod and it is always hot upstairs. We keep the ac around 70 all day and turn it down to 65 at night. Even with the ac at 65, we use the ceiling fan and have a box fan on each side of the bed. Has to be cool to be able to sleep. We had a guy come look at the unit and he said thats just how cape cods are. Only way to help would be to put in another unit.
GF has a Cape Cod. Had an AC guy come in & enlarge the ducts but no change. They said the same thing yours did, CC's are notorious without a split system.

R

RadioPatrol

Foxhound said:
Upper seventies most of the time if I have it on at all. Only cause I have "house guests" right now. I don't mind heat, aka I like it hot! :getdown:

were you down @ the lake enjoying the sweaty day ....

"House Guests" is that what they call it these days ........... :whistle:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
baileydog said:
My thermostat is like a roller coaster when Im home, up and down, up and down.

I would love to find the perfect setting...I am still learning our new thermostat, supposedly it can be programmed for every fricken hour of the day....Hubby threw the 'instructions' away, cuz you don't need them....:killingme

Anyway, we too, have a raised ranch, where the basement is always cool & upstairs is always warmer...If I set the thermostat to 78, it's comfy downstairs, but warm upstairs....

so I turn it down to 75 at night when we go to bed...

M

Mousebaby

There is no freakin way I would deliberately keep my house above 70 degrees! I would die from a heat stroke! :hot: I keep mine set at 70 during the day and at night. In the winter its 68 in the day and 65 at night. My electric bill is about 250.00 for a good sized split foyer home with 5 people in it. I also sleep with a fan blowing on me year round! I have to be cool! :howdy: