What's the Perfect Thermostat Setting?

What is your thermostat set at?

• Total voters

awpitt

Main Streeter
Mikeinsmd said:
Well I have a split foyer with a single system and I keep mine around 70-72 because the upstairs is always a lil warmer.
You can fix that by closing the downstair vents. This forces all the cool air upstairs and it will find its way downstairs naturally as cool air falls. Do the opposite during the winter since warm air rises.

Poohhunny1605

Mousebaby said:
There is no freakin way I would deliberately keep my house above 70 degrees! I would die from a heat stroke! :hot: I keep mine set at 70 during the day and at night. In the winter its 68 in the day and 65 at night. My electric bill is about 250.00 for a good sized split foyer home with 5 people in it. I also sleep with a fan blowing on me year round! I have to be cool! :howdy:

We have a rambler(all brick) w/a full finished basement apartment, we keep ours set to 72 or 75 during the day and around 70 at night. I freeze in the basement so I keep my ceiling fans on and shut the vents completly..you know our electric bill was $320.00 this month...Thats crazy if you have a split foyer and running $250.00 I think I need to call SMECO lol!

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Poohhunny1605 said:
We have a rambler(all brick) w/a full finished basement apartment, we keep ours set to 72 or 75 during the day and around 70 at night. I freeze in the basement so I keep my ceiling fans on and shut the vents completly..you know our electric bill was $320.00 this month...Thats crazy if you have a split foyer and running $250.00 I think I need to call SMECO lol!

Our bill was unusually high one month and we called the a/c guy and come to find out the fan on the unit was running non stop. Had it fixed and the bill went back to normal. Still higher then I want it but that's life.

Poohhunny1605

hotmomma said:
Our bill was unusually high one month and we called the a/c guy and come to find out the fan on the unit was running non stop. Had it fixed and the bill went back to normal. Still higher then I want it but that's life.

We just thought it was odd because we have electric in our barn and one of the barn lights that come on at night time, and that bill went up like $15.00 too. We usually run around $250.00, we just thought maybe SMECO went up since BGE did. We had our windows open for a few days also, so when $325.00 was the bill we thought that was crazy?

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Hessian said:
Kyle...Why does a Cave need AC?...you have a window too? One lucky Neanderthal!
If we didn't cool it down it'd be a blistering 55F-58F and I need the window to watch for signs of the next Ice-Age approaching... Gore's full of ####!

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Mousebaby said:
There is no freakin way I would deliberately keep my house above 70 degrees! I would die from a heat stroke! :hot: I keep mine set at 70 during the day and at night. In the winter its 68 in the day and 65 at night. My electric bill is about 250.00 for a good sized split foyer home with 5 people in it. I also sleep with a fan blowing on me year round! I have to be cool! :howdy:

I am a fan addict...I cannot sleep without a fan- 365 days a year. I take a small portable fan with me when I travel. I put it right on my nightstand & have it blowing in my face. The sound is a 'sleep' enhancer.

mamissa3

I like it between 72 and 74. Sometimes i get it a little cooler. We have a split level also and basement is always cooler.