when is enough......enough

rockeye77

Well I have been married for 10 years and have three great kids. Things were going quiet well for a while. There was a small infedelity on the wifes end when we were young. We both chalked it up to being young and just dumb. Years go by and I am deployed to a crappy little island and make a grave mistake myself. The wife finds out and I beg forgiveness. She told me it would be a while till she fully gets over it.
I understand that I deserver to be treated as a jerk for a while, however its been 4 years and it seems to be getting worse. This past year she has cut the Intimacy off completley, yup thats right it has been one year with no physical contact. We have just started to seek counseling, we have been twice already. I guess if I am asking a question here is weather I should keep going or cut my losses. I still love the the women, I am just not getting the same feelings back.
All well thanks for letting me rant at least.
later

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
rockeye77 said:
Well I have been married for 10 years and have three great kids. Things were going quiet well for a while. There was a small infedelity on the wifes end when we were young. We both chalked it up to being young and just dumb. Years go by and I am deployed to a crappy little island and make a grave mistake myself. The wife finds out and I beg forgiveness. She told me it would be a while till she fully gets over it.
I understand that I deserver to be treated as a jerk for a while, however its been 4 years and it seems to be getting worse. This past year she has cut the Intimacy off completley, yup thats right it has been one year with no physical contact. We have just started to seek counseling, we have been twice already. I guess if I am asking a question here is weather I should keep going or cut my losses. I still love the the women, I am just not getting the same feelings back.
later

Great first post!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Chasey_Lane said:
I say it is time to move on...:peace:

I say its time to get some real friends so you dont have to come on here and let strangers know all your business before we even say HI. :howdy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
cassheart said:
Maybe you shouldn't have gotten married in the first place? Sorry just a thought.
Well, that was helpful. :rolleyes:

I agree with Chasey - after 4 years, it's time to move on.

cassheart

vraiblonde said:
Well, that was helpful. :rolleyes:

I agree with Chasey - after 4 years, it's time to move on.

Marriage is not a place that I would want to be. I mean look at whats his name's post. Its sad and pathetic.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
cassheart said:
Marriage is not a place that I would want to be. I mean look at whats his name's post. Its sad and pathetic.
I've been married 25 years. :shrug:

W

wkndbeacher

well my friend ..maybe sitting down with her and having a conversation based on your feelings and hers and getting everything out on the table and then based on what you both have laid out will be the ultimate decision. I wish you well and keep us updated on how things play out because no matter what advice we give, the decision is ultimately you twos.

rockeye77 said:
later

beerlover

At least give the counseling a chance before you bail. And divorce is no picnic, either, and since you have kids you will have to still deal with her frequently. Why not stick it out and be able to be there with your kids as they grow up. It doesn't take that long.

nobody really

I need a nap
rockeye77 said:
I understand that I deserver to be treated as a jerk for a while, however its been 4 years and it seems to be getting worse. This past year she has cut the Intimacy off completley, yup thats right it has been one year with no physical contact. We have just started to seek counseling, we have been twice already. I guess if I am asking a question here is weather I should keep going or cut my losses. I still love the the women, I am just not getting the same feelings back. All well thanks for letting me rant at least.
later
maybe lovin' the women is what got you into trouble

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
beerlover said:
At least give the counseling a chance before you bail. And divorce is no picnic, either, and since you have kids you will have to still deal with her frequently. Why not stick it out and be able to be there with your kids as they grow up. It doesn't take that long.
:yeahthat: