Where did Evil come from?

K

Kain99

Hey look!

Evil = Maladjustment - psychological, biological, social.

There's a loop hole for everything! :wink:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Re: Re: Where did Evil come from?

Originally posted by cariblue
He did allow it to happen, and for a reason. He had something to prove.

Yep, me thinks he gets a kick out of confusing the "dumb humans" :wink: :lol:

As a species, we're pretty effin retarded! :razz2: Every other species has it down and doesn't much worry about anything but eating and procreating. What else do you really need? I wanna be a lion. :bawl: :twitch:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Re: Where did Evil come from?

It's there. You'll have to find it. You can't depend on people to tell you, and you can't depend on just the bible as your only tool or resource. You will have to put yourself out there in order to find what you're looking for.

He did allow it to happen, and for a reason. He had something to prove.
:smile: Cari, I thought you put some scripture up, but it's kinda confusing.

The first one was John 14:30-31, but it talked about the subtle serpent conversing with Eve in the Garden of Eden.

That verse can be found in Gen 3:1-6.

Bottom line here is that a lot of folks think Satan rests, and that's not true.
He is always after your soul, and if he gets it, you won't like what he'll do with it.

penn

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Answering the question...

Evil came from and continues to come from and always will come from...

MAN

(this includes the WO version as well...equal opportunity and all)

We have organized religion to try and help us manage the evil that is a part of every single human being in some measure. Not everyone needs a religion to control their evil. Some do. Some people have religion and are evil anyway. Some people have no religion and are considered "Saints" by those who know them. Most of us are some combination of all four; we're only human, yes?

Everything we think of as "evil" is something done by man. Everything. I cannot concieve of anything, a biblical hell, that even comes close to what man has done to one another through the years, often in the name of a religion.

God "allows" evil to happen because he can't stop it, or, more accurately, us. Only we can stop us. That says a lot about God. It says much more about us, I think.

It is impossible, in my view, to reconcile the mass slaughter of innocents or the butchering of one innocent with an omnipotent God. I can, however, reconcile using the loss of others, particularly innocents, to motivate good behavior; stopping evil.

So, if we're good to go hereabout where we keep the evil, how about the big one...

What IS evil?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Answering the question...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
Evil came from and continues to come from and always will come from...

MAN

So, if we're good to go hereabout where we keep the evil, how about the big one...

What IS evil?
Quite simply, evil to me is : SIN. Since God is a perfect being, born without sin, lived without sin, and ultimately died for all our sins, evil has to begin with man .

However, I've got some information that says "God is indeed the Creator of Evil or woe as well as welfare"

It's from a Hastings Manuscript my friend gave me to peruse.

I'm going to hit the sack for now, but I'll get back to this tomorrow.

penn

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Re: Re: Answering the question...

Well? Are you going to share it? Or are we suppose to take your good christian word for it?

:biggrin: Good Lord, don't you read anything for content?

I said I was going to hit the sack last night, and be back with the rest of it today.

What part of my statement didn't you understand?

:wink: penn

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Evil....One point of view

According to a text, The Hastings Manuscript, my Sunday School class leader gave me for study:

"This concept is not easily made precise in Biblical thought, for it is hard to distinguish between what we would call sin on one hand and what we would call disaster, on the other.

Knowledge of good and evil is a characteristic of judges and governors, and of course devine beings. This power of distinction
was not innate in man but was assumed in disobedience to God and in the aspiration to be more like Him; but the power now exists in man. (Gen 2-3)

One can hardly say the OT explains the origin of evil; but it connects with the power to distinguish evil. Afterwards, however, evil and violence become characteristic of human life.(Gen 6:5, 11,
8: 21) Evil in the OT is more a comprehensive term than deliberate depravity. A man may be eaten by an evil beast; a catastrophy may fall on a city, and this is evil, which God must have done.

God is indeed the creator of evil or woe as well as welfare.(Isah 45: 7) There are spirits of evil, who are under Gods' control(Judges 9 :23, 1 Kngs 22: 21-23, Job 1-2). The true Israelite, however, is one who turns away from evil and seeks God.

In the Qumran texts we see the spirit of lies and evil become much more prominent, with the doctrine of the two spirits in man. The spirit of of error leads men into all kinds of evil, and this evil has its seat in their flesh.

The members of the community are conscious of the assault of evil against them, and of how nearly they have succumbed to it; but they are confident of cleansing themselves from it. There is an epoch of evil now permitted, at the end of which, evil will be unmasked and be purified away.

In the NT the evil spirits are also prominent, causing all kinds of sickness and destruction, and Jesus makes His attack on evil by casting them out and healing the sick. The "Evil One" is the prince or controller of this world, which lies 'in the Evil One';
he is judged, condemned and destroyed by Christ. (1 John 5: 19, John 16:11).

For deliverance from evil or the Evil One, the Disciples pray, for evil attacks and tempts them continually. Words, thoughts, desires, the heart of unbelief, the conscious, may all be evil; but the Church should and must be cleansed by the work of Christ.

Meanwhile, pain and suffering, which in the OT would be included under 'evil', continue in the fleshy existence of the Churches members, but are turned to good by God and made to show forth His goodness, as also the evil of the Cross. The full destruction of evil and the evil powers awaits the consummation."
(Mt 25: 41, 2 Th 2, Rev 20)

Wow!

penn:smile:

Last edited:
K

Kain99

I'm having a really hard time understanding penn. What's "The OT?" Maybe once I figure that out the rest will make more sense. thanks....:smile:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Thanks guys....

Originally posted by Sharon
Bingo!

Sorry Kain, I just assumed people would know OT = Old Testament and NT = New Testament. My fault.

Also, this text is a quote from a manuscript, and I did not want to quote it out of context, so the language used is a little hard to comprehend.

I had to repeat or reread some sentences and passages to understand the theories.
penn :smile:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by penncam
Quite simply, evil to me is : SIN.
Then what is "sin"? If blasphemy is a sin, does that mean the person who does it is evil? How about homosexuality? Is that a sin and gay people are evil? Since we're ALL sinners, does that mean we're ALL evil?

K

Kain99

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Since we're ALL sinners, does that mean we're ALL evil?

I'm an evil genius.... I just pretend to be retarded. :biggrin: