Where do I go...

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
what do I do????

My dumb azz burnt a hole in my back seat. After tonight no more cigs for me. I like that car more then I like most people and I hurt it. :bawl: Anyway, I know it's gonna cost me a buttload to fix but can it be fixed without replacing the entire seat. If so where? Mind you I have suede/leather seats and I burnt it right on the seam where the suede and leather meet. I'm sooo upset. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Ponytail

take it to a boating/auto upholstery shop. Since it is on the seam, they may be able to pull it together a little tighter and re-stitch it.

it won't be cheap, but it will be cheaper that totally getting it recovered or replaced.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by kwillia
If you had a moon roof you wouldn't have had to crawl into the back seat...:bubble:

Um I do have a moon roof. I think my dumdazz flicked it out the window when I had all 4 windows down and it flew back in the rear window. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by pixiegirl
what do I do????

My dumb azz burnt a hole in my back seat. After tonight no more cigs for me. I like that car more then I like most people and I hurt it. :bawl: Anyway, I know it's gonna cost me a buttload to fix but can it be fixed without replacing the entire seat. If so where? Mind you I have suede/leather seats and I burnt it right on the seam where the suede and leather meet. I'm sooo upset. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
Try Jay Walker on Chancellors Run on the 235 side. Avoid JDC in Lexington Park.

B

Bruce

I"m sorry you did that pixie, but at least now I know I'm not the only one to have done it. Brand new Trans AM years ago, and did the same thing, Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggg !

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
OK listen to this. Now I'm really pi$$ed. I was at Autocross on Sunday with some friends and as we were leaving they wanted to see my burn so that they could all laugh at me. Being the good sport that I am I let them. Being more observant then I was they saw the cigarette butt right behind the top of the seat. It wasn't even one of mine. Talk about :burning: . It also burnt the crap out of the top of the seat. Looks like I'm going to have to replace the entire seat.

Ponytail

Maybe not. Take it to a good auto interior place. Even getting some custom leather work done would be cheaper than replacing the seat.

Christy

b*tch rocket
OK listen to this. Now I'm really pi$$ed. I was at Autocross on Sunday with some friends and as we were leaving they wanted to see my burn so that they could all laugh at me. Being the good sport that I am I let them. Being more observant then I was they saw the cigarette butt right behind the top of the seat. It wasn't even one of mine. Talk about :burning: . It also burnt the crap out of the top of the seat. Looks like I'm going to have to replace the entire seat.

Wouldn't be the serial cigarette droppers brand would it? :confused:

(I think you know who I'm talking about.)

B

Bruce

try the guy behind Walmart in Waldorf, on 925. He's really good and does a lot of custom work too. your insurance should cover tat also, under comprehensive coverage, so it doesn't count against you.

Ponytail

Originally posted by Bruce
try the guy behind Walmart in Waldorf, on 925. He's really good and does a lot of custom work too. your insurance should cover tat also, under comprehensive coverage, so it doesn't count against you.

she'd still have to pay the deductible, which is prolly more than the repair bill would be.

She's damn lucky the whole car didn't go up.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Christy
Wouldn't be the serial cigarette droppers brand would it? :confused:

(I think you know who I'm talking about.)

There's been no one in my car that smokes lately. At all. The only thing I can think of is it came from someone else flicking it out there window and came in mine. You can see the ash mark on the back head rest where it hit. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Ponytail

There's been no one in my car that smokes lately. At all. The only thing I can think of is it came from someone else flicking it out there window and came in mine. You can see the ash mark on the back head rest where it hit. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

That is a BIG danger while riding motorcycles too. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I know of two that have had cigarette butts hit them.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Ponytail
That is a BIG danger while riding motorcycles too. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I know of two that have had cigarette butts hit them.

I'm very depressed about this. Want to make me feel better?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Ponytail
What's worse is a bird. Happened to a friend of mine. Another friend hit a deer and spent 4 days in ICU. :yikes: