Where do you play poker ??

kalmd

Hubby plays at FOB almost every Friday night and the occasional Sunday. I've been a couple times myself. He goes to the Moose Lodge every once in awhile, but just joined so I'm sure he'll be there more often now. He also plays online, at pokerstars I think.

5thstreet

kalmd said:
Hubby plays at FOB almost every Friday night and the occasional Sunday. I've been a couple times myself. He goes to the Moose Lodge every once in awhile, but just joined so I'm sure he'll be there more often now. He also plays online, at pokerstars I think.

U mean FOP? :doh: :smile:

robertasprouse

Thanatos said:
Just curious as to where everyone likes to play and why....

First off, great thread, and a great way to help folks learn about new places they don't know about.

The two places I play at and like the most are the VFW#2632 and Neptunes. Why, is because they both have great tournaments as well as great cash games. I also play at the FRA (Fleet Reserve Association) and the Center For Life Enrichment when I can. These are the places I concentrate on myself. The folks who play at these places are all friendly and willing to help out anyone who needs it, including newbies just learning the game.

The above statements are my opinion, and my opinion only.

Last edited:

Thanatos

robertasprouse said:
First off, great thread, and a great way to help folks learn about new places they don't know about.

The two places I play at and like the most are the VFW#2632 and Neptunes. Why, is because they both have great tournaments as well as great cash games. I also play at the FRA (Fleet Reserve Association) and the Center For Life Enrichment when I can. Great tournament and great cash games at the CfLE; great tournament and great side tournaments at the FRA. These are the places I concentrate on myself. The folks who play at these places are all friendly and willing to help out anyone who needs it, including newbies just learning the game.

I have played in the past at the FOP and the Elks, but stay clear of those for personal reasons now. Elks because it just flat takes way too long for the tournaments to happen. They are good tournaments though, so give 'em a try. I just can't put that much time into it on a Saturday anymore.

We also have poker nights (no hold'em) and hold'em nights (no poker) here at our house. All money goes right back to those playing, none stays with us for hosting it. Everyone brings there own drinks and munchies to share, and we just have fun.

I haven't tried the Orioles Nest in Calloway (the new one).

Thanks for sharing all of the great info !! :thewave:

PrettyLady0874

5thstreet said:
What ideas would you like to see added to some of these poker places? An example would be different tournaments, games, limits. Just a thought!

I have played at all of these places and I find that they all run pretty decent tournaments but I have played at the Orioles nest and they play 1/2 NL, 2/5 NL, OMAHA, Stud, several different games. I enjoy the opportunity to play different games, it is a clean place and great people running it also. Anyone that has not tried it needs to.
Other :howdy: then that I perfer VFW's game, ran well good turn out also.

PrettyLady0874

robertasprouse said:

The two places I play at and like the most are the VFW#2632 and Neptunes. Why, is because they both have great tournaments as well as great cash games. I also play at the FRA (Fleet Reserve Association) and the Center For Life Enrichment when I can. Great tournament and great cash games at the CfLE; great tournament and great side tournaments at the FRA. These are the places I concentrate on myself. The folks who play at these places are all friendly and willing to help out anyone who needs it, including newbies just learning the game.

I have played in the past at the FOP and the Elks, but stay clear of those for personal reasons now. Elks because it just flat takes way too long for the tournaments to happen. They are good tournaments though, so give 'em a try. I just can't put that much time into it on a Saturday anymore.

We also have poker nights (no hold'em) and hold'em nights (no poker) here at our house. All money goes right back to those playing, none stays with us for hosting it. Everyone brings there own drinks and munchies to share, and we just have fun.

I haven't tried the Orioles Nest in Calloway (the new one).

You should try the Orioles Nest in Callaway. I found it to be good, tournaments, cash and variety of games. :yay: for Orioles nest