Where Does Tri-County Send Them?

KWAK

My kids and I were in the Hughesville shelter a couple days ago and saw the sweetest little puggle dog - my daughter fell in love with him! I didn't put the $$ down right away because she conditions to meet first - well, we went back today to pay the adoption fee and he was gone! We asked and were told that he was sent to another rescue (today), but they wouldn't tell me where he went.

Any chance anyone would have any idea where tri county would have sent him??

It would make a 6 year olds day to find him!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
fingers crossed he DID go to a rescue ... and was not PTS.

I would check all rescues.. not just ones for pugs

tes218

My kids and I were in the Hughesville shelter a couple days ago and saw the sweetest little puggle dog - my daughter fell in love with him! I didn't put the $$ down right away because she conditions to meet first - well, we went back today to pay the adoption fee and he was gone! We asked and were told that he was sent to another rescue (today), but they wouldn't tell me where he went.

Any chance anyone would have any idea where tri county would have sent him??

It would make a 6 year olds day to find him!

I think I may know. I work with someone who does pug rescue and she mentioned that was one in Tri-County that she was getting to foster as the one she had found a new home. I'll see if she's in today or if I can get in touch with her.

DQ2B

What possible reason could there be for not telling which shelter the animal went to? Aren't they trying to find homes for these animals? Someone that knows please enlighten me.

KDENISE977

that makes me so sad to think he was PTS.

Attachments

• 295703_279472785419898_139771709390007_929603_1505677408_n.jpg
    295703_279472785419898_139771709390007_929603_1505677408_n.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 155

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Then why not just say so instead of sending people on some wild goose chase.

They didn't send you on a chase.
You choose to continue the hunt after you got the answer grownups tell kids to spare their feelings.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Tri-County is VERY tight with their info and I know this from first hand experience. It's very possible that the pup did go to a local rescue.

I found out about a dog they had that was likely going to be pts if a rescue didn't snatch him up. Called tri-county twice, first time they wouldn't tell me anything, the second time I got lucky and got a girl who personally knew the dog and the girl that had surrendered him. Based on what little she was able to tell me I was able to have a rescue pull him so that we could adopt him. Had to go the rescue route because he's 1/2 pit (although you'd never know it by looking at him) and his owner was foolish enough to disclose that upon surrender. Total PITA to get him, he's a total PITA, but it is what it is.

DQ2B

Tri-County is VERY tight with their info and I know this from first hand experience. It's very possible that the pup did go to a local rescue.

I found out about a dog they had that was likely going to be pts if a rescue didn't snatch him up. Called tri-county twice, first time they wouldn't tell me anything, the second time I got lucky and got a girl who personally knew the dog and the girl that had surrendered him. Based on what little she was able to tell me I was able to have a rescue pull him so that we could adopt him. Had to go the rescue route because he's 1/2 pit (although you'd never know it by looking at him) and his owner was foolish enough to disclose that upon surrender. Total PITA to get him, he's a total PITA, but it is what it is.

So again, I ask why do they do this if there is a willing adopter?

KWAK

Thanks for the tips and suggestions! I looked for him online and found nothing - but maybe if was too soon to have him listed?? I sure hope that was the case and he wasn't euthanized. :-( I will keep searching for now, hoping for the best!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
So again, I ask why do they do this if there is a willing adopter?

In my case because he's 1/2 pitbull and they don't adopt out pitbulls at all. If a rescue doesn't pull them they are pts.

Attachments

• Marley and Moo3.jpg
    Marley and Moo3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 160

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Thanks for the tips and suggestions! I looked for him online and found nothing - but maybe if was too soon to have him listed?? I sure hope that was the case and he wasn't euthanized. :-( I will keep searching for now, hoping for the best!

I would try to call a couple rescues. It's probably too soon for him to be listed on a website.

DQ2B

They didn't send you on a chase.
You choose to continue the hunt after you got the answer grownups tell kids to spare their feelings.

Still....why don't they give the grownup the real answer then. Sorry, but it just seems frustrating and vague. I prefer a truthful answer even if my kids were with me but for those that don't want their kids to hear why on earth can't the person at the shelter pull the adult aside and eliminate the guesswork? Obviously the OP didn't believe the dog was pts :confused:

KWAK

In my case because he's 1/2 pitbull and they don't adopt out pitbulls at all. If a rescue doesn't pull them they are pts.

Really?? I had heard that as well, but there were a few pit mixes up there. Had I wanted one, they wouldn't have adopted him out?? None of them had the 'Not Adoptable' stamp on them.

KWAK

Still....why don't they give the grownup the real answer then. Sorry, but it just seems frustrating and vague. I prefer a truthful answer even if my kids were with me but for those that don't want their kids to hear why on earth can't the person at the shelter pull the adult aside and eliminate the guesswork? Obviously the OP didn't believe the dog was pts :confused:

No, I don't want to believe he was put down! I would like to think they would have told me the truth - whether they 'mouthed' it to me, a shake of the head, or used grown up words my daughter wouldn't have understood. Maybe I'm foolish for it, but I'm choosing to remain optimistic!

That's the breaks with shelters sometimes. The last time we found a dog there we wanted, we waited 10 days before we were contcted and told that his owner had claimed him.