Where to go crabbing at?

lionell09

I am currently looking for a place to catch a few crabs at. Are there any suggestions or will someone allow just me to crab off there personal pier? I currently live in california, md and looking for somewhere near to crab at.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
The boys caught three fat ones (I know...not a lot) under the Solomon's bridge at the boat ramp.

I'm interested in hearing of better areas as well.

Crabs. :drool:

CobbWeb

Good Luck

I am currently looking for a place to catch a few crabs at. Are there any suggestions or will someone allow just me to crab off there personal pier? I currently live in california, md and looking for somewhere near to crab at.

I would suggest a local park, Mrytle Point, Greenwell, etc..., take some lines and chicken necks, just walk out off shore a little ways put some stakes in bottom, tie your lines to them and toss out. You don't need a pier unless your not into getting wet. If you can get on base try TPS seawall, or beach area at Fishing Point.

lionell09

I would suggest a local park, Mrytle Point, Greenwell, etc..., take some lines and chicken necks, just walk out off shore a little ways put some stakes in bottom, tie your lines to them and toss out. You don't need a pier unless your not into getting wet. If you can get on base try TPS seawall, or beach area at Fishing Point.

thanks for the info. i've heard about mrytle point isn't that in california, md before you cross the bridge into calvert?

FED_UP

Where would Greenwell be located?

lovinmaryland

Leonardtown Wharf, I know I've seen people down there with line and chicken necks.

No we live in a water community and there is a pier & beach area but they are private (for residents only) We catch all our crabs chicken necking. yesterday we had a bushel in about 2 hours. I heard that the wharf is great for chicken necking too.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
We used to set up lines under the bridge in St. Mary's City, but we always went when the tide was moving. Back in the old days there used to be piers down there but I think ice damage and liability issues forced SMC to take them out.

shark2003

Another place to try if you dont mind getting wet is down at St. Marys College on the beach where the big wooden cross is. You'll have to walk through the graveyard to get to it,but I used to go there alot to crab and when the water was still fairly warm in October I would get Oysters. Crabbing is best of course when there is a good swift tide running,just like fishing..

homedepot20

My grand father & I used to crab all the time off a pier at Foxes Point in Medleys Neck Leonardtown on Breton Bay . Any body still crabbing in that area these days????

calikid

My grand father & I used to crab all the time off a pier at Foxes Point in Medleys Neck Leonardtown on Breton Bay . Any body still crabbing in that area these days????

I know of Abells Wharf for crabbing off Medleys Neck, never heard of a Foxes Point? :shrug: And Leonardtown Wharf is nice except when they rent boats out they kick out all the fishers/crabbers.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
The boys caught three fat ones (I know...not a lot) under the Solomon's bridge at the boat ramp.

I'm interested in hearing of better areas as well.

Crabs. :drool:

Go on the Island across that little bridge at that small beach. Follow that all the way around the corner to a flat rock. Put out your stakes about 5 feet out with your lines of chicken necks. It's big enough to have chairs and a cooler. One tree will give you shade if you take your pets. I did very well last year when I was there. Took the dogs. Oh and if you like mussels, there is a nice mussel bed to the right of the flat rock. I ate mussels three times last year. They were awesome. Enjoy!