Where to store Wedding Dress???? HELP!

JLS

Hello ladies, I recently got married and cleaned and preserved my wedding dress.. and as most of you know, it comes in this HUGE box.. once the dress is preserved, can they go up in an attic for storage or do they have to go in a temperature controlled place? anyone know?? Thanks for any help!

Cowgirl

Why do women like to keep their dresses? Do y'all really take them back out to look at them?

beerlover

Sell it and recoup some of your money. It's just going to be laying around in a box for years and years taking up space and your future daughter is going to want to wear her own. Sell it while it's fresh and help out some new bride who maybe can't afford a nice new one.

Or cut it up and make it into a giant bra for Sshewbert....

Contact the place that preserved your dress and check with them. Some bridal shops will store them for you. I know when I got my dress my bridal shop offered to preserve and store mine. (I didn't get to use those services though because I had to sell the dress before I could use it.:bawl:)

sockgirl77

Contact the place that preserved your dress and check with them. Some bridal shops will store them for you. I know when I got my dress my bridal shop offered to preserve and store mine. (I didn't get to use those services though because I had to sell the dress before I could use it.:bawl:)

I would not trust anyone to store my dress. Why did you have to sell yours?

Eew. That sucks. You are better off. It can cost more to get divorced than to get married.

You are right it was for the best. I am happier now that I was back then. I did keep the dress in the family though. I sold it to my sister-in-law. It was hard to watch her walk down the isle in my dress but at least it got used and is not still collecting dust in my closet.

Cowgirl

Because we can.

Thanks for that insightful answer.

I meant, are you keeping them just to keep them, or keeping them hoping you'll have a daughter to wear it, or are you keeping it so you can try it on once a year to see if you've gained weight? :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I meant, are you keeping them just to keep them, or keeping them hoping you'll have a daughter to wear it, or are you keeping it so you can try it on once a year to see if you've gained weight? :lol:
I would never give my dress to anyone else, not even my daughter. My dress is a symbol of MY day. I keep it because I love it and it means something to me.

sockgirl77

Why do women like to keep their dresses? Do y'all really take them back out to look at them?

I kept mine for awhile. And I got married in a $40 clearance rack Fashion Bug (maybe Fashion Cents) courthouse dress. But eventually, my ex's cat pissed on it and I trashed it. I thanked her. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Thanks for that insightful answer.

I kept mine because I can, and I want to. I love that dress, and I'm not about to have someone else wear it; they can go buy their own. It doesn't take up much space, and I like having it. Some people keep every CD they've ever owned. I hung onto my wedding dress. :shrug:

Cowgirl

I would never give my dress to anyone else, not even my daughter. My dress is a symbol of MY day. I keep it because I love it and it means something to me.

I kept mine for awhile. And I got married in a $40 clearance rack Fashion Bug (maybe Fashion Cents) courthouse dress. But eventually, my ex's cat pissed on it and I trashed it. I thanked her. :lol:

I kept mine because I can, and I want to. I love that dress, and I'm not about to have someone else wear it; they can go buy their own. It doesn't take up much space, and I like having it. Some people keep every CD they've ever owned. I hung onto my wedding dress. :shrug:

:yay: Alright. I was just curious. I've kept all kinds of stuff from the past, like prom dresses and other things...but I never really look at them. They become a PITA when moving....so I wonder why I still keep them. Maybe one day I'll like having them. :shrug:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
:yay: Alright. I was just curious. I've kept all kinds of stuff from the past, like prom dresses and other things...but I never really look at them. They become a PITA when moving....so I wonder why I still keep them. Maybe one day I'll like having them. :shrug:

Plus, my :gossip: look good in the dress. :biggrin:

Attachments

• wedding bands close2.JPG
    wedding bands close2.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 188

JLS

Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies, and good ideas! Didn't know there were places that would store them for you!! Sorry ChvyGirl about your wedding

JLS

I'm keeping mine (for a while anyway) just because I just got married last summer so its only been a few months, and I just really love the dress. I held onto a few prom dresses but have gotten rid of all but 1 of them now and really I am ready to get rid of that one.. Plus I have some bridesmaids dresses I'd like to do something with too... (cut them up into pieces! hahahahaha