Where's the "fire and fury"?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Threats against the United States. While we have bases in Japan, that's not a threat directly against the United States.

Actually, an attack upon our service members, at home or abroad, would be a direct threat and would authorize the Executive to immediately use military force.

This_person

Actually, an attack upon our service members, at home or abroad, would be a direct threat and would authorize the Executive to immediately use military force.

I agree. Was this aimed directly at US troops? Was it even aimed? Was it even really a threat?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I agree. Was this aimed directly at US troops? Was it even aimed? Was it even really a threat?

Didn't speak to this firing being a threat, just under the conditions the Executive can respond with military force. An overflight doesn't seem to be much of one.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Threats against the United States. While we have bases in Japan, that's not a threat directly against the United States.

I do not equate this to the Syrian red line, but it probably wasn't well advised. The good thing is that "fire and fury" can mean damned near anything, the bad thing is everyone knows what it is supposed to mean. If anything that can be perceived as a threat is given, we will look as stupid as we did when we didn't respond previously, and we have a hell of a lot of Dixie Chicks ready to sing to anyone who will listen how stupid we look.

Not just "fire and fury", but "fire and fury, the like this world has never seen before". Now I don't know about you, but when I think of this kind of fire and fury, I think of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

It's interesting how when the guy is on 'our' side, we tend to turn a blind eye to their words. And those were some pretty strong words.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Not just "fire and fury", but "fire and fury, the like this world has never seen before". Now I don't know about you, but when I think of this kind of fire and fury, I think of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

It's interesting how when the guy is on 'our' side, we tend to turn a blind eye to their words. And those were some pretty strong words.

No, what is interesting is your stubborn refusal to face the fundamental fact of the matter: The fat crazy kid has not crossed the line yet.

When did you become such a fan of massive military strikes by the US?

This_person

I'm not trying to parse his words, but I really don't think his "line in the sand" has been crossed yet. If it is, and he does nothing like Obama did with Syria, I will be right there with you.

:shrug:

I'm just not there yet.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Something we've had close eyes on for some time...were I to hazard a guess. :howdy:

Don't fret...the crazy fat kid might yet still cause all the hell and firestorm you are so incredibly anxious to see.

Why is this so hard for you people to get?

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States, they will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen"

His own words. Will you please define for me what a "threat" is, if it's not NORK saying they are targeting Guam next?

Restitution

Why is this so hard for you people to get?

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States, they will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen"

His own words. Will you please define for me what a "threat" is, if it's not NORK saying they are targeting Guam next?

Gonna have to handle you with Midnightrumprider gloves I guess....

Please see my reply #34 for further guidance :yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Gonna have to handle you with Midnightrumprider gloves I guess....

Please see my reply #34 for further guidance :yay:

Handle me however you wish. I happen to hold my president accountable to his words. I support Trump in his agenda, but I'm not some Trump lemming either, where I just pretend his words really don't mean what that say.

In light of your post #34, my question to you is: When Trump says something, does he really mean what he's saying; or should we just kind of shrug it off as meaningless?

Restitution

In light of your post #34, my question to you is: When Trump says something, does he really mean what he's saying; or should we just kind of shrug it off as meaningless?

You trust that your President is handling these matters in the most appropriate and best way possible. PERIOD! Just because he hasn't launched nukes the second after fat boy made his announcement does NOT mean things aren't being handled.

Now... would you care to answer MY question(s)?

Wishbone

Back the #### up!

Psy, weren't you the one giving me #### about being to quick to violence over the BLM and ANTIFA asshats?

SamSpade

I wonder if we possess the ability to hack their missiles at will.

If I were in the White House, I might consider one of their misssiles "accidentally" going towards China or Japan.