which cell phone works best ?

J

jmo2276

verizon is really the only good thing down here as pixie said. I have had verizon for 8yrs and never had a single problem with service and its even getting better with time.

If you already have a verizon phone heres a piece of info they told me if they didnt tell you u need to do *228 then hit send of course and when it asks 2 questions you go with the 2nd to update your roaming capabilities as they put new towers up all the time but you can only do that once every 60 days If i am remembering straight

moon5leg

It's not easy being green
Verizon has the best coverage. Service and price aren't the best, but coverage is. Just don't go over your minutes!! :bawl:

C

cmdrfunk

Re: Verizon

Originally posted by Cletus_Vandam
steer clear of their two-way phones

Yeah, I hate those 2 way phones.

We should have it so one person talks then the other has to write a letter to reply.

C

cmdrfunk

Originally posted by Chain729
I use Verizon and only had one problem. I get coverage in areas where most cells don't (use to fish down by St. George's Island). The only places I have trouble getting coverage are in the building at work and at my aunt's in compton, other than that, I have GREAT coverage EVERYWHERE.

The only problem I had with the sales guy was him not listening when I told him the address on my licence wasn't my mailing address. I got a phone call from Verizon:

Verizon: If you don't pay your bill we'll shut your phone off.
Me: I never got a bill.
Verizon: We sent it a month ago.
Me: To what address?
Verizon: XXXXXXXXXX
Me: There's no mailbox at that address. Hell, I don't even
live at that address. I told your sales guy my mailing
address wasn't what was on my licence. I have a P.O.
Box
Verizon: Oh. We'll just put last month's charges on the next
month's bill and send it to the correct address.
Me: Good. Next time, don't threaten me because you made
a mistake; I won't be this nice. *click*

What threat?

I bet they charged you a late fee on that next month's bill.

bbubblyb

Consumer reports says Verizon is the best cell phone provider for this area. I use tracfone myself though since we don't use our cell phone that often. It has averaged out to only cost us about $8-15 a month when you buy the year plan.

As for Verizon as my land line provider, I HATE THEM. In the 6 yrs that we've had a second phone line where I live they have been out to visit us about 20 times and they can never seem to solve the problem with it. Oh I know perfectly well what the problem is, we need a new line run in the ground but they just don't want to do that. So they keep coming out and jiggling it and then it works till the next rain when the ground gets wet and gets in the wire again. When you call they tell you we are only responsible for voice and you tell them that it's total static and then the cycle starts all over again. So Toxik (I think that was your nickname) what company do you use now for your land line?

C

czygvtwkr

I have Cingular and it has been great so far. The only place I couldnt get reception was on top of a mountain in TN

Go with Verizon. My buddy manages the store in California. PM me your name and when you want to go. I will find out if he will be working and tell him to expect you. That way he can help you out personally and give you the best deal possible, with the most information available. He doesn't try to screw people. In fact, I have seen him try to talk people into plans that would save them money in the long run (i.e. "if you use the phone 30 minutes a month, and are planning to add your teenage kid to your plan, you would be better off spending an extra $10 a month and upgrading to the 5000 minutes a month plan, rather than the 100 minute a month plan you are looking at" or "why get this fancy shmancy color phone if you don't surf the internet on your phone, when you can get this phone for 1/3rd the price that has better signal reception and battery life").

Racingwolf

Originally posted by bbubblyb
Consumer reports says Verizon is the best cell phone provider for this area. I use tracfone myself though since we don't use our cell phone that often. It has averaged out to only cost us about $8-15 a month when you buy the year plan.

As for Verizon as my land line provider, I HATE THEM. In the 6 yrs that we've had a second phone line where I live they have been out to visit us about 20 times and they can never seem to solve the problem with it. Oh I know perfectly well what the problem is, we need a new line run in the ground but they just don't want to do that. So they keep coming out and jiggling it and then it works till the next rain when the ground gets wet and gets in the wire again. When you call they tell you we are only responsible for voice and you tell them that it's total static and then the cycle starts all over again. So Toxik (I think that was your nickname) what company do you use now for your land line?

Boy does THAT sound familiar!!!! except mine is on a pole and I get a loud hum on my line!!!

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Originally posted by cmdrfunk
What threat?

I bet they charged you a late fee on that next month's bill.

This threat "If you don't pay your bill, we'll shut your phone off." How about asking me if I recieved the bill before launching into a "do this or else" attitude?

And no, they didn't charge me a late fee. The salesman told me not to expect a first month's bill and that the first bill I would recieve would be the charges for month one and month two. Since I was told I wouldn't be getting the first month's bill, I never called to ask why I hadn't been billed yet and was a little p***ed that some schmuck called me and started blaming me for his company's mistake. Not to mention, I hadn't had the phone for even two weeks when I got the phone call.