Which would you rather have?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ah, but:

The scenario was Janet Reno at one end of the bar, and Kim Kardashian at the other end. Who do you think the guys will be making a beeline for? Do you think a man would even approach Janet to find out that she's intelligent?

Had I shown up for our, your and my, first date looking like Janet Reno I'm am positive - positive! - that you would have chewed your arm off and changed your phone number. Perhaps canceled not only your AOL account, but the whole entire internet. Or maybe you'd have sat through lunch with me and we'd have had a wonkfest, but I highly doubt we'd have been sucking fact on the dock that afternoon.

The question was 'brains or beauty'; not 'uber smart or uber ugly' so, I took that to mean within a relative mean, at least mean to me. You're talking extremes.

Using Kardashian, she and you are sitting at the bar, chatting. I'm at the other end and I keep hearing you saying thought provoking things and every time her mouth opens, I swear I can hear the ocean. I am not saying KK is better looking than you because she's not but, if you're going to use her as an example most would say "Beautiful woman', better looking than the inquisitor sitting next to her, then, 10/10 I'm joining in the conversation with my eyes on you.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Had I shown up for our, your and my, first date looking like Janet Reno I'm am positive - positive! - that you would have chewed your arm off and changed your phone number. Perhaps canceled not only your AOL account, but the whole entire internet. Or maybe you'd have sat through lunch with me and we'd have had a wonkfest, but I highly doubt we'd have been sucking fact on the dock that afternoon.

By the same token, if you'd regaled me for a couple of hours about your nail polish collection and how 2nd grade math was the toughest four years of your life, we'd likely not been sucking face nither.

sockgirl77

At least she has a great sense of humor...

Attachments

• ugly_apron.jpg
    ugly_apron.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 119

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Is it me or has this been answered two different ways? For a partner or for ourselves? I'm confused again.

I made the assumption that since this was in the Dating subforum that it was understood that these traits were in a mate. Sorry for the confusion. I pride myself on typing as few words as possible on here when trying to say something. At times, for me, more isn't necessarily better.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
So, Monello, answer your own question: which would you rather have?

Well, since I've been told I resemble George Clooney, I'd have to say I got the beauty. Though some would vehemently disagree with the previous statement.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
I made the assumption that since this was in the Dating subforum that it was understood that these traits were in a mate. Sorry for the confusion. I pride myself on typing as few words as possible on here when trying to say something. At times, for me, more isn't necessarily better.

Thank you for your response. I suppose brains is my answer. Since I've said several times on here that I like rugged men. If I go with brains maybe in time some would rub off on me and I wouldn't be so confused all the time. :)

:coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Most people understood that, so I'd say your initial post was fairly clear.

So which would you choose:

Brains; beauty; or a woman who can reel in a decent size pickerel without squealing and fretting too much?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Definitely brains, because a guy who was not intelligent enough to carry a decent conversation would bore me to tears. However, I lucked out and found both in the same guy! :dance:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I had to choose whether to be extremely beautiful and dumb, or extremely brilliant but uglier than homemade sin, I'd choose to be brilliant. Surgery, makeup and other tricks can make you good looking, but stupid is permanent and eternal.