White Whines

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
The fire in my whole wall fireplace isn't hot enough and I'm out of k cups and I don't own a regular coffee maker.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
It's been getting below freezing here almost every night and I've been having the use the house heat instead of the space heaters. FML!

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
It's been getting below freezing here almost every night and I've been having the use the house heat instead of the space heaters. FML!

Bumped into a Floridian up here on travel from Jacksonville this morning. He did mention that it's getting below freezing down there. I told him that my sister, who's lived on Big Pine Key for 30+ years, has had the grace to not gloat.

ZARA

I haven't heard my heater turn off yet. This months electric bill was over 500. I am scared to see next months.

But I REFUSE to freeze my ass off in my own home! :cds:

ZARA

Bumped into a Floridian up here on travel from Jacksonville this morning. He did mention that it's getting below freezing down there. I told him that my sister, who's lived on Big Pine Key for 30+ years, has had the grace to not gloat.

I use to live in Marathon. Some times I miss living there. Up until I remember bug out 'cause of the hurricanes. Then I no longer miss it.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I use to live in Marathon. Some times I miss living there. Up until I remember bug out 'cause of the hurricanes. Then I no longer miss it.

Been to Marathon several times, love it. I'd go more often, but it's an 8 hour drive.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed

My sister and brother-in law have NEVER evacuated for a hurricane. The only bad thing that ever happened (other than loss of electric and phone) was one time when the storm surge wiped out everything under their house. I've always thought they were a bit nuts, but they are also strong supporters of the Conch Republic idea. :lol:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
My sister and brother-in law have NEVER evacuated for a hurricane. The only bad thing that ever happened (other than loss of electric and phone) was one time when the storm surge wiped out everything under their house. I've always thought they were a bit nuts, but they are also strong supporters of the Conch Republic idea. :lol:

This always makes me laugh.

I wish it was just "below freezing". Temp readout in my car this morning when I left for work? 1 degree. One. OfreakingNarcticE!

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
The skylight in my bathroom is covered with snow. I actually have to flip the light on to see anything. :mad:

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
I finally gave in and cut off all my other nails to match my wounded right hand. My whole left hand now has short, below the fingertips, bring a tear to my eye nails to match the right. :bawl:

I'm so sad........

:coffee:

PJay

I finally gave in and cut off all my other nails to match my wounded right hand. My whole left hand now has short, below the fingertips, bring a tear to my eye nails to match the right. :bawl:

I'm so sad........

:coffee:

aww...don't be...they'll grow back in a jiffy. Honest.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I had to stop and get gas in cold weather! And the breeze was blowing from the North and ruffled my hair! :tantrum: Why don't they have servants manning the pumps?!

glhs837

Power with Control
I had to stop and get gas in cold weather! And the breeze was blowing from the North and ruffled my hair! :tantrum: Why don't they have servants manning the pumps?!

If they do, like at my station, they just look at you sadly if you dont tip them, and that can throw off your whole morning........:rolleyes: better to do it yourself......