Who Gets the Ring?

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
I say make her pay for half the ring to begin with. If women want equal say, control, power, privleges... they can take equal responsibility and fork out an equal amount too.

Problem solved.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
:lmao: I was kidding about the re-gift, but I did take mine back (even tho it was 20 married years later). Been trying to sell it, but can't get the same price I paid for it, so it sits in a safe box until such time that I can figure out it's best recourse.

How big is the rock and how much do you want for it?

dobeday1

The ring was given with a promise to love each other and share a life together.
Regardless of who ends the relationship, I think that just IMO that the man should get it back. After all, he bought it with good intentions. Why would any woman want to keep it? It would just be a reminder of a failed relationship, and heart break. And if the guy gives it to another woman, than she is just getting
a piece of jewelry meant for you, and not really for her. With you, it was a gift of a promise. For her, it's him just giving her the ring because he is too cheap and insensitive to buy her a new one.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
Toss in a set of clamps....:love:

:blushing:

Now you're talking about changing tradition. Good luck with that.

I know. It was meant in satire. Trying to actually change anything would be like trying to hot-glue butter to a hot teflon pan. :lol:

The ring was given with a promise to love each other and share a life together.
Regardless of who ends the relationship, I think that just IMO that the man should get it back. After all, he bought it with good intentions. Why would any woman want to keep it? It would just be a reminder of a failed relationship, and heart break. And if the guy gives it to another woman, than she is just getting
a piece of jewelry meant for you, and not really for her. With you, it was a gift of a promise. For her, it's him just giving her the ring because he is too cheap and insensitive to buy her a new one.

See... This is the result you get when you confuse financial wisdom (logic) with emotion (irrational crap).

M

missperky

The engagement ring, I don't remember how big it is, paid about $1500 for that. The one I want to sell is a fancy yellow vvs 1.1ct. with six white side stones, appraised at $8800.

I'll start the bidding at $19.95.

:lol:

LordStanley

I know nothing
My Ex gave the engagment ring back after she dumped me:drama:

I took it back, Sold it, bought my first gun and lived happily ever after:biggrin: