who should be raising children......

spoon

I am curious about what people think about who should be raising our kids?

Do you think parents should be solely responable....or is it up to the teachers..or maybe the goverment when parents are incompetent....or should the teachers raise them when the parents are incompetent?

blitz10

spoon said:
I am curious about what people think about who should be raising our kids?

Do you think parents should be solely responable....or is it up to the teachers..or maybe the goverment when parents are incompetent....or should the teachers raise them when the parents are incompetent?

parents :wench:

spoon

I am asking because i read on one of the threads :coffee: ..cant remeber which one.... they were talking about teachers needing to do more then just teach.... :popcorn:

I

Inkpen

spoon said:
I am asking because i read on one of the threads :coffee: ..cant remeber which one.... they were talking about teachers needing to do more then just teach.... :popcorn:

Perhaps that was the thread in reference to the news article about teachers being allowed to carry stun guns. :howdy:

This_person

spoon said:

I felt like we were saying parents need to be the ones doing more - making sure we're not expecting teachers to do anything but teach (and be responsible adults). I was also saying I believe that many teachers can't or won't teach like they did years ago, also. :coffee:

mainman said:
Is this the thread of the day?
I don't know... I've been in a meeting most of the morning and have some catching up to do. I wouldn't want to dole it out prematurely as it's possible one of the Geek Island treads have stepped up to the the plate.

I

Inkpen

kwillia said:
It takes a village.

But in some dark corners of the village, danger lurks.. :jameo: :jameo:
The parents need to be responsible and not rely on the village to care for their child.