Who vapes?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
0.415 What does that mean? Resistance/ohm, I don't understand (whining)
You're running just about the same settings as I am. At 25w 0.410 ohm I get a fairly strong hit. How old is your coil? Tom said the life expectancy at this rate should be 2 weeks.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It's over 3 weeks old.
I would go ahead and swap it out. You said it was leaking? What's leaking, the tank? I would disassemble, change coil, clean tank, and try again. Do you know to prime the coil? Prime the coil, fill the tank, and give it 10 minutes to soak and let any air bubble dissipate. Make sure you do this AFTER you get your fix. Makes it go much smoother.:lol:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
You're running just about the same settings as I am. At 25w 0.410 ohm I get a fairly strong hit. How old is your coil? Tom said the life expectancy at this rate should be 2 weeks.
I would go ahead and swap it out. You said it was leaking? What's leaking, the tank? I would disassemble, change coil, clean tank, and try again. Do you know to prime the coil? Prime the coil, fill the tank, and give it 10 minutes to soak and let any air bubble dissipate. Make sure you do this AFTER you get your fix. Makes it go much smoother.:lol:
This seems way more complicated than smoking! :lol:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This seems way more complicated than smoking! :lol:
It is, but mitzi has a good incentive in addition to the health benefits. :yay:

I'm doing it for ulterior motives. Smoking limits the dating pool immensely.:biggrin:

I'll add that I've cut down from a pack a day to about 10/day in 2 days.

mitzi

I don't know how to prime the coil. I think it leaked because I didn't have the little button locked in but still, the coil is 3 weeks old or older. But I have the other one I can put in. How do you prime the coil?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I don't know how to prime the coil. I think it leaked because I didn't have the little button locked in but still, the coil is 3 weeks old or older. But I have the other one I can put in. How do you prime the coil?
Check yer PMer. :yay:

mitzi

So now I've changed coils (and I had been priming, didn't know it was called that lol). Now I'm on 25W, 0.630 ohm with this coil. What do you think the difference is?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
So now I've changed coils (and I had been priming, didn't know it was called that lol). Now I'm on 25W, 0.630 ohm with this coil. What do you think the difference is?
This coil is new, so I believe it will naturally have more resistance (ohms) because it IS new. As you use it, the resistance should drop, I think. I'm still learning myself, so bear with me. How does it taste? It's still running sub-ohm (less than 1.0 ohms).

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I see you liked my Richard Pictures... :biggrin:

Or, are you laughing at my Richard Pictures? :mad:

mitzi

This coil is new, so I believe it will naturally have more resistance (ohms) because it IS new. As you use it, the resistance should drop, I think. I'm still learning myself, so bear with me. How does it taste? It's still running sub-ohm (less than 1.0 ohms).

Tastes really good. I know you're learning too, but you have a better understanding that I do. Sometimes I think I'm dyslexic. The more ohms are explained to me, the more I don't understand.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Okay, good. The higher the resistance, the hotter the coil will burn, and quicker the battery will drain. It's like a light bulb filament except it's generating heat, not actual light. The higher the resistance (ohms), the more power it is consuming from the battery. If it tastes good, doesn't kill your battery too fast, you're safe, be happy! You're farther along than you think. Don't over think it. It sounds like you're good. What matters is does it satisfy the cravings?
Did you go see Tom?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Tastes really good. I know you're learning too, but you have a better understanding that I do. Sometimes I think I'm dyslexic. The more ohms are explained to me, the more I don't understand.
I took an Introduction to Electricity and Laboratory Fundamentals when I was a much younger man. I retained most of the basics, so that's what I'm basing this on. I'm far from knowledgeable. Just enough to understand what happens in relation to the other factors. I'm glad to help a fellow smoker quit. It is indeed a nasty habit, that causes nasty health issues. Most importantly, I want you to be able to hold that new grand baby.

mitzi

I took an Introduction to Electricity and Laboratory Fundamentals when I was a much younger man. I retained most of the basics, so that's what I'm basing this on. I'm far from knowledgeable. Just enough to understand what happens in relation to the other factors. I'm glad to help a fellow smoker quit. It is indeed a nasty habit, that causes nasty health issues. Most importantly, I want you to be able to hold that new grand baby.

I want to too, otherwise I wouldn't probably quit. My other grandson is used to seeing me smoke even though he's been telling me I need to quit (he's 11). I'm glad we can encourage each other. It does help to talk to someone about it when we're going thru the same thing.