Who vapes?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I want to too, otherwise I wouldn't probably quit. My other grandson is used to seeing me smoke even though he's been telling me I need to quit (he's 11). I'm glad we can encourage each other. It does help to talk to someone about it when we're going thru the same thing.
Sometimes all it that's is one person to :smack: you when you need it the most. Early day tomorrow. Good night.

mitzi

Okay, good. The higher the resistance, the hotter the coil will burn, and quicker the battery will drain. It's like a light bulb filament except it's generating heat, not actual light. The higher the resistance (ohms), the more power it is consuming from the battery. If it tastes good, doesn't kill your battery too fast, you're safe, be happy! You're farther along than you think. Don't over think it. It sounds like you're good. What matters is does it satisfy the cravings?
Did you go see Tom?

Thank you, now that made sense. The cravings have been low today (for a real cigarette). I've noticed that I have the craving more if something is on my mind or stressing me a little. No, I haven't gone to see Tom yet. I will one day this week. Thanks again!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thank you, now that made sense. The cravings have been low today (for a real cigarette). I've noticed that I have the craving more if something is on my mind or stressing me a little. No, I haven't gone to see Tom yet. I will one day this week. Thanks again!
Baby steps and a goal will get you there. I figured you hadn't seen Tom. It was my nice way of nagging you until you do. I know I told you not to buy a pack, but I'm a hypocrite. I'm just starting and still mix about half and half, but your situation calls for more drastic measures. If it helps any, I can't find my cigs or my juice and I'm running low. I had packed up my supplies to take to work, just in case I needed to demonstrate what we had discussed about blending, I was so wiped out from a restless night's sleep and full day at work, that I've misplaced the whole mess. :jameo:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Had to increase nicotine % to address cig cravings.
  1. 60ml The Mighty Quinn Straight Icy Menthol 12mg
  2. 60ml American Patriots Naked Tobacco 12mg
  3. 30ml American Patriots Naked Tobacco salts 35mg
You're going to add the juices in order to facilitate easier blending.
With pad and pencil handy, write out a grid of 4 columns x 3 rows.

tobacco 35 tobacco 12 menthol12 tobacco 35

You're going to start with #3, then #2, then #1, and then #3 again (label bottles 1, 2, and 3)
Add first 3 at 1ml each then add 1.5ml salt 35% and you'll end up with 5.5ml.
This will produce 5.5ml @ 22.5%

I'll try this for a tank or two. I've had less than 1/2 pack vaping at ~18%+ today.

Disclaimer:
I'm not responsible for any harm you may experience following these instructions or using any products that contain nicotine. You must be 21 years of age to use products containing nicotine in the state of MD in which this article was written.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Okay, 7 cigs total today. The last mix seems to be working much better. Six of the 7 were getting ready for, going to, and being at work. I'm going to put in my 2 week notice tomorrow.

mitzi

Good job! I haven't had any since the beginning of last week and that was only two. I guess I'm doing better than I thought. I think I'm going to stick with the 12 mg. I've got to learn to get thru the cravings and increasing the mg isn't going to help. It hasn't been as bad the past couple days.
Here's a good one. This morning instead of grabbing my vape off the nightstand, I grabbed the cell phone. Guess what I did. I put it up to my mouth to vape it :lmao:. I guess instead of blindly grabbing the pack of smokes, I'm grabbing the vape. I guess that's progress :lmao:.
You're leaving the hardware store?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Good job! I haven't had any since the beginning of last week and that was only two. I guess I'm doing better than I thought. I think I'm going to stick with the 12 mg. I've got to learn to get thru the cravings and increasing the mg isn't going to help. It hasn't been as bad the past couple days.
Here's a good one. This morning instead of grabbing my vape off the nightstand, I grabbed the cell phone. Guess what I did. I put it up to my mouth to vape it :lmao:. I guess instead of blindly grabbing the pack of smokes, I'm grabbing the vape. I guess that's progress :lmao:.
You're leaving the hardware store?
That's great! Do what you're doing. Hopefully 12mg for your lifestyle is okay. I'd have the damned thing in my hand 24/7 and I can't at this point. I think I may mix some at 24mg and try that.

I'm not going anywhere unless they fire me. I'm happier there, than any place I've ever been. Work seems to cause me to smoke. Quitting is good, yes? Besides, they cant run the shop without me. :lol:

mitzi

That's great! Do what you're doing. Hopefully 12mg for your lifestyle is okay. I'd have the damned thing in my hand 24/7 and I can't at this point. I think I may mix some at 24mg and try that.

I'm not going anywhere unless they fire me. I'm happier there, than any place I've ever been. Work seems to cause me to smoke. Quitting is good, yes? Besides, they cant run the shop without me. :lol:

Trust me, it's in my hand 24/7. I thought you said you were giving 2 weeks notice? I guess you were joking. Stress makes me smoke. At work, I couldn't wait to take a break and go outside.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Trust me, it's in my hand 24/7. I thought you said you were giving 2 weeks notice? I guess you were joking. Stress makes me smoke. At work, I couldn't wait to take a break and go outside.
Work seems to be my downfall, hence my bad joke. The loading dock is our designated smoking area, which just so happens to be 10 feet from my work area. Several smokers usually break together when it slows down inside and I'll get sucked into the main group's schedule by association. I'm getting better, but you know, as a looong time smoker, the rituals surrounding the act cause the most stress and make it harder to quit.

Regulating nicotine % is my largest hurdle right now. I think I'll get a second mod, so I can easily switch concentrates on the fly. At home I could probably get by on a 12-18mg, work OTOH requires a higher concentrate for going long periods of time between fixes. I also think I'm going back to heavy on the mint. This morning my vape tastes like crap. :dead:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Congratulations! How was your first day?
I would be on Day 18, but a friend of mine passed on the 1st. If I had only smoked 1, I wouldn't count it, but I smoked 4 or 5. So I am now on Day 12. The leftover smokes that were lying around went in the trash last weekend and to the transfer station. It hasn't been terrible!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm sincerely happy for you that it's going so well. I wouldn't have any first hand knowledge, but I know lots of people that have tried and how difficult it was for them - that's a real milestone! Cheers to a healthier life! :buddies:

Wish they made Chantix for GS cookies. A couple of those suckers ended up in bed with me last night!
Thank you. I have a pretty low stress existance, so that helps. :lol:

I'm sure when my 3 boxes of Thin Mints come in, I'm done. :lol:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
  1. 60ml The Mighty Quinn Straight Icy Menthol 12mg
  2. 60ml American Patriots Naked Tobacco 12mg
  3. 30ml American Patriots Naked Tobacco salts 35mg
Stop by a pharmacy and pick up a 10ml liquid medicine syringe.
(have your little white lie prepared, they don't usually sell these on the shelf)

You're going to add the juices in order to facilitate easier blending.
With pad and pencil handy, write out a grid of 4 columns x 3 rows.

menthol 12 tobacco 12 menthol 12 tobacco 35

You're going to start with #1, then #2, then #1, and finally #3 (label bottles 1, 2, and 3)
Do this process once and you'll end up with 4ml, 2 times and you have 8ml (my first try).
Add them in 1ml increments going by the bottom of the meniscus (curve of liquid).
Add 1 mark to each column as you go through the process, you'll end up with 4/8ml total.

This will produce a good flavor and roughly 18mg juice and a nice cloud. By using these 3 concentrates we can adjust the ratio of menthol/tobacco because you have 12mg in each flavor and can change the strength drop by drop until it's perfect for you. Just remember 3 parts 12mg to 1 part 35mg will produce 17.75mg. Bump the nicotine by adding one drop of 35mg at a time, to the mix.

Disclaimer:
I'm not responsible for any harm you may experience following these instructions or using any products that contain nicotine. You must be 21 years of age to use products containing nicotine in the state of MD in which this article was written.

I had to go back to this original recipe but tweaked it slightly for flavor. You can adjust the amount of menthol with the 12mg juices as you see fit. I tried 22-24mg and it made me feel almost like I did when a guy named Slinky gave me my first Marlboro Red at 12 years old. I remember that feeling to this day.

mitzi

I would be on Day 18, but a friend of mine passed on the 1st. If I had only smoked 1, I wouldn't count it, but I smoked 4 or 5. So I am now on Day 12. The leftover smokes that were lying around went in the trash last weekend and to the transfer station. It hasn't been terrible!

I didn't see this until today. You have done this incredibly well. I'm so glad the Chantix has helped you.