Who wants to talk about the market...

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
Who else has horses for sale? Are they moving, getting any interest? What're you doing to make them more appealing? I've got one. Reasonably priced, cute, etc. but just haven't been getting any interest on her! Anybody else having the same problems?

bosox

we are in a recession

people overspent...and now they are paying. Credit cards are maxed out, year end bonus (it is called keeping your job for 2009), houses lost value and retirement accounts have been sliced in half.

Finally-people have realized that they have to cut back. A horse has always been a luxury item and right not people are think eatting tops the list of wants vs needs.

Good luck. If your horse is show worthy--I'd look for a free lease before a cheap sale.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I have one for sale. Already dropped him 2K. Getting some looks but I'm willing to wait it out so we will see. Theres not much you can do except accept all offers!

devinej

yep....its really tough. got cute horses that are just not moving anywhere. maybe we'll see something better in a few months...who knows.

plus the bottom of the market....the meat market, has been reduced too, so there is such a surplus of the lower-in-value horse right now. i don't think its quite as bad in the higher price ranges.

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
plus the bottom of the market....the meat market, has been reduced too, so there is such a surplus of the lower-in-value horse right now. i don't think its quite as bad in the higher price ranges.
Maybe I should advertise my 2k horse for 10k then. :lol:

BlissfulJumper

There are so many up for sale right now.

don't mention that to me. I find em but then something goes wrong or already sold but I have a list. I will forward the email of horses I'm going to send to D and MA..Oh and paper will be sent tomorrow night or tuesday :whistle:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
don't mention that to me. I find em but then something goes wrong or already sold but I have a list. I will forward the email of horses I'm going to send to D and MA..Oh and paper will be sent tomorrow night or tuesday :whistle:

I haven't even started mine yet....

D and MA will get you a good horse.

BlissfulJumper

I haven't even started mine yet....

D and MA will get you a good horse.

I have 4 out of 6 paragraphs should be proud of me! You need to get started on that hahaha cause I'm sure yours is harder than mine. And ya we are checking this horse out like we are FBI agents. This WILL be the last horse for me! unless a freak accident occurs

devinej

i got 8 out of 15 pages done of mine
anyone got any opinions on video game addictions? worth a shot right haha

BlissfulJumper

i got 8 out of 15 pages done of mine
anyone got any opinions on video game addictions? worth a shot right haha

i would die if I had to write 15 pages especially about video game addictions! My opinion is that they help criminals and promote violence in children.

devinej

haha just wait till college....

this is work for a master's degree so its...a little more specific i guess

and i agree...it doesn't sound right to me that kids play what is basically simulated murder....especially the realistic ones like grand theft auto and manhunt. world of warcraft seems to be a huge issue too.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
My paper is for Master's class also. I am writing about the Web 2.0 technology in the Government marketplace. What the pros and cons are with implementation of this technology.

I have my outline done which is half the battle for me.

devinej

you overly prepaired people with your outlines..................might have been a smart idea for me..........

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
Another question: What makes a horse's worth? Like Blissful, what makes yours worth the 10k (or original 12k)? Just wondering, you don't have to share if you don't want.