Who wants to talk about the market...

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
i got 8 out of 15 pages done of mine
anyone got any opinions on video game addictions? worth a shot right haha

I should put you in contact with my youngest Pre-School teacher. She has a lot of opinions regarding video games and problems it causes in developement.

C

campinmutt

Another question: What makes a horse's worth? Like Blissful, what makes yours worth the 10k (or original 12k)? Just wondering, you don't have to share if you don't want.

when I price a horse I look at ....breeding( have it's parents done anything, are they proven) then I look at what this horse has done( has it been shown,how much training does it have ect...) then I would look at potential( will it be a sucessful horse in it's career..ready to show? or will it need more training?does it have the natural talent I am looking for?)then you have to consider issues,faults ect...

C

campinmutt

I should put you in contact with my youngest Pre-School teacher. She has a lot of opinions regarding video games and problems it causes in developement.

100 years from now the scientist are going to discover bones of people with HUGE thumbs from playing all these video games...my son plays video games..he is an honor student and has very strong thumbs!! I do not think he is addicted...we can go camping for 3 weeks and not have electric to charge the games and he can survive..no withdraws:killingme

devinej

a horse's worth - what campinmutt said! and how badly you need to sell it - how quickly it needs to move. Age. temperment. and what discipline is it going in. fancy hunters usually cost more than eventers. and you look on the sale sites and find a horses that are similar in those areas to yours and see what they are pricing them at.

devinej

Video games - yeahhhhhhhhhhhh and are they getting tendonitis from playing so much games with their thumbs?? LOL

i'd love to hear what the preschool teacher has to say, i bet she's seen some interesting results....

did you know that there have been several murders that are like copy cat to video games? they recently took grand theft auto off the shelves in taiwan because of a murder.

and agression....with the more violent games.

and what ever happened to playing outside? social skills, physical skills, fascination with nature?

covekat

when I price a horse I look at ....breeding( have it's parents done anything, are they proven) then I look at what this horse has done( has it been shown,how much training does it have ect...) then I would look at potential( will it be a sucessful horse in it's career..ready to show? or will it need more training?does it have the natural talent I am looking for?)then you have to consider issues,faults ect...

Gosh, that would make my one very nice mare in the negatives...LOL....

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Another question: What makes a horse's worth? Like Blissful, what makes yours worth the 10k (or original 12k)? Just wondering, you don't have to share if you don't want.

They're skills and bloodline. And I look at in a business view. I want to buy my new horse with the money I make off of this. I paid 15k for this horse and he has slipped a little in skill and I don't think he would make a good AQHA but as a hunter yes. And I'm not going to lose my a$$ on him.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Oh and when I look at a horse I really don't care what it's brother and it's sister have done I wanna know about him/her and his parents not siblings

The market has been pretty blech for selling around Dodon up until this past month. We've sold 2 in the past couple of weeks and have one more fair lead (a 2nd visit coming up). Our big 18-hander sold this morning and is already in Massachusetts. All I have to say is, "PHEW!" Good luck all on selling your horses!

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
Good to hear about yours selling! I think I'm going to start taking lessons from Steuart this summer...

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
FWIW, the market at our place has been fickle...Horse Hugger said they just sold an 18 hander, well...it does seem that out big or our flashy prospects (grey helps) are still moving. Not as fast, but they are still selling. I have a made horse, nobody is even looking at for $2500 because he isn't tall enough. This next year will be interesting. As for the bay horses with no show record, or not started (Majority of my kids)...very little interest.

fredsaid2

There's also the factor of who is selling the horse. A BNT can get substantially more than a LNT or a NNT.

crpc

BNT-Big Name Trainer=KOC, B. Martin, P. Dawson
LBNT-Local Big Name Trainer-S. White
LNT-Little Name Trainer=R. Wheeler, S. Meyers
NNT-No name trainer