Whose night was screwed up due to the accident?

Did the accident on the TJ bridge affect you?

• Yes

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • no

Votes: 41 61.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMDad

Lem Putt
Bronwyn said:
On the TJ Bridge tonight?
:howdy:
Left St. inigoes at 4, got to Lusby at 8.

By the way, SOMAR, thanks for the timely traffic reports! The ONLY thing I could get was my wife getting on here and reading what there was.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
I was ten minutes late to work and wasn't able to fill up the mini-marshmallows.

And just what were you supposed to be filling them up with? :eyebrow:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
MMDad said:
Left St. inigoes at 4, got to Lusby at 8.

By the way, SOMAR, thanks for the timely traffic reports! The ONLY thing I could get was my wife getting on here and reading what there was.
HEY!! I left St Inigoes a 4:45 and was home a 4:55.... :howdy:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I was really pizzed yesterday...Usually takes me 10 min to get home....Took me 12 yesterday...Some dumb arse was doing the speed limit and I got behind them and couldn't get around....Next time I'll do the right lane... :jameo:

MMDad

Lem Putt
pixiegirl said:
:howdy: I left Webster at 4 and made it home at 8:15. :thewave:
You work less than 1/4 mile from me, and you live less than 1/4 mile from me, but it took you 15 minutes longer to get home? What took you so long?

I know! Your broke-down Lexus couldn't keep up with my rockin' SUV! :lmao:

You might want to consider selling the thing.... :whistle:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Bronwyn said:
On the TJ Bridge tonight?
:howdy:

The people involved? :shrug:

I left DC at 4:00, my friend works in the park and left at 4:00. We were to be at Chopticon at 6:00. I beat her by a half hour. How's that for a twist?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
MMDad said:
You work less than 1/4 mile from me, and you live less than 1/4 mile from me, but it took you 15 minutes longer to get home? What took you so long?

Well I just have to give the State Highway Admin and State Police that responded a Big Whopping :yay: :yay: :rolleyes: I left at 4 and got stopped at about 4:20 just south of the light at the Target Shopping center. I can't even remember what time the state police showed up at the 235/4 intersection and set up camp but it was shortly after that that I made the right hand turn from 235N onto 4N. Mind you with police at the intersection letting everyone make that right hand turn. Soooo, I make it about 1/2 mile up 4N and then to a dead stop again. Jabba called to warn me that a friend of hers got turned away at the base of the bridge and was told that the bridge was closed. I saw plenty of cars coming from the opposite direction (4S) so I waited about 5-10 minutes to see if I'd move before popping a u-turn and going all the way around. I didn't move an inch. I busted the U and went the long way.

I was hesitant to go around any earlier because the last time I was advised the bridge was closed was during Ernesto. I drove all the way around and when I got to the ratties daycare I was told that another mom coming from this side of the bridge had gone over it fine. :ohwell:

Next time I'm just rolling around to Benedict. Even if the bridge isn't closed ANYTHING is better than sitting for hours and waiting.

pixiegirl said:
Well I just have to give the State Highway Admin and State Police that responded a Big Whopping :yay: :yay: :rolleyes: I left at 4 and got stopped at about 4:20 just south of the light at the Target Shopping center. I can't even remember what time the state police showed up at the 235/4 intersection and set up camp but it was shortly after that that I made the right hand turn from 235N onto 4N. Mind you with police at the intersection letting everyone make that right hand turn. Soooo, I make it about 1/2 mile up 4N and then to a dead stop again. Jabba called to warn me that a friend of hers got turned away at the base of the bridge and was told that the bridge was closed. I saw plenty of cars coming from the opposite direction (4S) so I waited about 5-10 minutes to see if I'd move before popping a u-turn and going all the way around. I didn't move an inch. I busted the U and went the long way.

I was hesitant to go around any earlier because the last time I was advised the bridge was closed was during Ernesto. I drove all the way around and when I got to the ratties daycare I was told that another mom coming from this side of the bridge had gone over it fine. :ohwell:

Next time I'm just rolling around to Benedict. Even if the bridge isn't closed ANYTHING is better than sitting for hours and waiting.
It would be great if they would put up traffic advisory signs just before the rte 4 and 235 intersection to warn people about situations on the bridge.
It would be a cheap alternative until we get the new bridge in 2030. :yay:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
desertrat said:
It would be great if they would put up traffic advisory signs just before the rte 4 and 235 intersection to warn people about situations on the bridge.
It would be a cheap alternative until we get the new bridge in 2030. :yay:

At the very LEAST they should have changed the one on 4N that read "TJ Bridge nightwork, Expect Delays....) Ya, think? :lmao: I passed it going 4N and then again after I u-ed. Still reading the same ol' thing.

And I forgot to mention that when I finally did turn around there was maybe only 50 cars os so behind me. The police had stopped letting people on 4N. Would have been nice if they'd done that 30 minutes before when they let me make that right hand turn onto it.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
MMDad said:

And just how do you know where I work? You made mention of my building the other day as well! :twitch: