Why do IDIOT Drivers in MD....

Disco Stu

Shut Up Little Man!!!!
Speed Up BEHIND YOU when you want to change lanes?????????

Even if they are a ways behind you it is like they go out of their way to TRY to MAKE an accident happen!

^&%&* Morons! If I have my blinker on for a few seconds, the lane is clear to move into, and you are far enough behind there it is not an issue DO NOT SLAM ON THE GAS TO TRY TO CRASH INTO PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Same reason they speed up and start overtaking/passing traffic the instant they get in to a turn lane?

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion

Even if they are a ways behind you it is like they go out of their way to TRY to MAKE an accident happen!

^&%&* Morons! If I have my blinker on for a few seconds, the lane is clear to move into, and you are far enough behind there it is not an issue DO NOT SLAM ON THE GAS TO TRY TO CRASH INTO PEOPLE!!!!!!!

I like when they do that on the beltway, then, when I pull in and make them slam their brakes, the pissed off look they give is pretty much priceless, it makes my day just a little bit better.

But what I really like are the butt munchers that like to enter the highway at about 10 mph, and then stay at that speed until you have rode the brakes long enough for it to be clear that you wont hit them.. then they floor it.

Toxick

Splat

Because the drivers in this state are simply the worst kind of hillybilly douche ####s in the universe.

Scumbags.

puggymom

We had the ultimate idiot today. He was driving 5 miles under the speed limit in the left lane until hubby tried to pass him then he floored it. So hubby moved back behind him and he slowed down again. This went on for about 5 minutes until the highway split between two major highways (97 and 695, I think). He was too busy keeping us from getting in front of him he did not realized he was supposed to be in the right split. He must of finally started paying attention to the road right at the split because he had to slam on his brakes at the last minute and veer across three lanes of traffic to go right.

glhs837

Power with Control
We had the ultimate idiot today. He was driving 5 miles under the speed limit in the left lane until hubby tried to pass him then he floored it. So hubby moved back behind him and he slowed down again. This went on for about 5 minutes until the highway split between two major highways (97 and 695, I think). He was too busy keeping us from getting in front of him he did not realized he was supposed to be in the right split. He must of finally started paying attention to the road right at the split because he had to slam on his brakes at the last minute and veer across three lanes of traffic to go right.

One more reason to own a car with a throttle that sets "Ludicrous Speed":)

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
Because most people are gutless, as soon as someone passes them, they speed up and let you lead "the pack" --- because its the pack leader who gets the speeding ticket, not them.

Personally, I hate the fools who think they own the left lane (I've seen police cruisers have to pass them on the right -- rather than pulling them over and ticketing them). Having grown up in Penna, we were taught that the left is for passing and if someone behind you wants to go by, get over and let them do so. A quick flash of the headlights was also a polite request from you to them asking them to move over so you could pass. Down here, them's fighting words.

A trusted friend, who was born and raised here, suggests that the bad behavior seen in the area is due to our proximity to two big cities.

Sparx

Because most people are gutless, as soon as someone passes them, they speed up and let you lead "the pack" --- because its the pack leader who gets the speeding ticket, not them.

Personally, I hate the fools who think they own the left lane (I've seen police cruisers have to pass them on the right -- rather than pulling them over and ticketing them). Having grown up in Penna, we were taught that the left is for passing and if someone behind you wants to go by, get over and let them do so. A quick flash of the headlights was also a polite request from you to them asking them to move over so you could pass. Down here, them's fighting words.

A trusted friend, who was born and raised here, suggests that the bad behavior seen in the area is due to our proximity to two big cities.

I don't think it has anything to do with two big cities. That's a MD native's excuse for being a bad driver. I grew up in OH where the police would ticket people regularly for hanging in the left (passing) lane. It should be law in MD but it's not. Even VA passed the law a few years ago. Ever notice when you're coming back from PA how traffic slows down about 10-20 MPH when you enter MD? I'm sure the lack of a designated passing lane is the reason.

I always thought it wasn't so much that, as it was many different people with many different driving concepts and skills from many different regions. No one does what another expects because they were brought up with different driving methods. Once that person realizes others are not doing what they expect other drivers to do, chaos takes over and people do whatever the hell they want, especially since there is very little enforcement of the road laws.

luvmygdaughters

Well, I have to say that in my 40 years of driving, I have come to the conclusion that people with Pennsylvania tags are the absolute worst drivers I've ever seen. Of course every state has their fair share of idiots. But having been on the roads quite a bit, the close calls I've had have been with the "Brotherly Love" state.

drivingdaisy

It's not a MD thing. I drive up and down 95 pretty regularly and I've come to the conclusion there are just a lot of aholes driving on the road, irregardless of their state of origin. People drive like its a freaking race they've got to win instead of a shared roadway. God forbid you try and change into their lane in front of them because then you would be "winning." I'll let most people in or change lanes who have their blinker on as long as they turn it on in time and haven't been driving like a butthole. Sometimes I have had some driver get mad at me when I wouldn't let them over when the front of my car was already past the rear of their's; guess what I can't see your blinker when I am past your car and I'm not slamming on my brakes to let you in, go in behind me. I also try to let a lot of big trucks in because I know how hard it is for them (maybe because I have an uncle that drives trucks).

Tech

But what I really like are the butt munchers that like to enter the highway at about 10 mph, and then stay at that speed until you have rode the brakes long enough for it to be clear that you wont hit them.. then they floor it.

And when they do this you look in your rear view mirror to make sure nobody runs into your arse and there is nobody behind you. Couldn't this jerk wait till I passed.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I learned to drive in Massachusetts (Ma$$hole driver). Then top that off some 17 years of DC commuting...get the F out of my way!!! :coffee: :howdy:

glhs837

Power with Control
I learned to drive in Massachusetts (Ma$$hole driver). Then top that off some 17 years of DC commuting...get the F out of my way!!! :coffee: :howdy:

In my experience, a Boston trained driver set loose in DC is like the hawk among the sparrows. Really is like amateur hour up in DC. But, I dont recommend driving in DC like you might in Boston, unless you really need to in a specific case, it tends to freak them out:) But now and again, you do have to just to not get jerked around by idiots.

"This is NOT Nambia, nor it is Azzjerkistan, and you may NOT have my right of way, I don't care how many Georgetown fools let you take theirs every day"

And sorry, DD, but you sound like a passive-aggressive driver, deciding how to punish those you think are driving poorly. Thats not helping

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
:lmao:

1. I need to change lanes.
2. I see opening
3. guy in big puckup truck in that lane (the vehicle I will be merging in front of) notices my turn signal
4. guy in truck immediately smashes his GAS pedal to close the distance
5. I'm already in front of him and done merging
6. He proceeds to flail his arms like an indignant baby throwing a tantrum
7. I see this in the rear-view mirror
8. Two thoughts occur to me
8a. This is kind of funny to watch
8b. WTF did he expect to do!

Some real idiots/babies out there. I'd prefer if they all drove motorcycles - that way when they inevitably start throwing their tantrums....they let go....:whistle:....

....edit: I wish no harm on anyone though. Just for the record.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
In my experience, a Boston trained driver set loose in DC is like the hawk among the sparrows. Really is like amateur hour up in DC. But, I dont recommend driving in DC like you might in Boston, unless you really need to in a specific case, it tends to freak them out:) But now and again, you do have to just to not get jerked around by idiots.

"This is NOT Nambia, nor it is Azzjerkistan, and you may NOT have my right of way, I don't care how many Georgetown fools let you take theirs every day"

And sorry, DD, but you sound like a passive-aggressive driver, deciding how to punish those you think are driving poorly. Thats not helping

Not a single my fault accident or ticket in 25+ years of driving. (knock on wood!) And I can be pretty aggressive, but safe. It does amaze how people drive around here.

Makavide

Not too talkative

A couple of years back, a friend of mine told me that their son was told, during drivers education class, that it is okay to use the left lane for normal driving since the right lane is normally "bumpy".

glhs837

Power with Control
Not a single my fault accident or ticket in 25+ years of driving. (knock on wood!) And I can be pretty aggressive, but safe. It does amaze how people drive around here.

Funny how folks think those two words can never be connected, isnt it. Saw a banner ad here today.... "SPEEDING IS AGGRESSIVE DRIVING, AND WE CAN STOP IT". Looks like they gave up on convincing us that Smooth Operator was anything but a ticket blitz on speeders.

It's not speeding per se thats unsafe, its operating unsafely, no matter the speed.

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
I don't know about what states are worst, but I do know what development in St Mary's is home to the worst drivers. Wildewood. I hate how all the people in the 3rd right northbound lane at 235 & Rt4 cut out in front of the 50 cars waiting in the correct lane, when they clearly know the darn lane ends after the light, and after cutting off the slow land has to then cut off the left lane and slam on brakes to make it into the apt complex. 99.99% of the drivers in the 3rd lane go into either the apts or the next entrance. It's gotten to the point where I make sure there is no inch for them to cut over the first time and they can either run off the road or stop. One day they will learn they don't own the county.