Why do people need to vote early?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
If everyone voted on election day it would harder for the local Donk party officials to keep track who had or had not voted. They need to send out the press gangs to waylay voters and drag them to the polling places. With early voting, they can cross off registered voters from their 'get the lazy bastards' list. Since everyone has predicted that Obongo's supporters were going to be an malaise and not bother voting this year, it's another Donk strategy to get out the reluctant vote.

Besides, I hated standing in line with over 400 people on election day in 2008. My wife and I were two of only six white faces in the whole crowd.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I had a ride to the early polling place on Friday, but would not have had a ride to my regular voting place today. I wanted to exercise my right to vote, so I voted early. :shrug:

IrishGal

Stretch's Mom
I learned of a close friend's death on Thursday AM, and made the decision to travel to another state to attend her memorial service (held on Monday night). Wasn't sure when the services would be when I made the decision to go, didn't know if I'd be back in time to vote, so Stretch and I both voted early on our way out of town.

This year, I was grateful for the ability to cast my ballot early. One less stress while dealing with a very emotional situation.

daileyck1

It use to take a days walk or horse ride to get to the place in the county to vote. So you left on Monday, voted on Tuesday and then went back to the farm. Kinda antiquated
don't ya think?

DEEKAYPEE8569

I learned of a close friend's death on Thursday AM, and made the decision to travel to another state to attend her memorial service (held on Monday night). Wasn't sure when the services would be when I made the decision to go, didn't know if I'd be back in time to vote, so Stretch and I both voted early on our way out of town.

This year, I was grateful for the ability to cast my ballot early. One less stress while dealing with a very emotional situation.

My condolences. She's looking down here laughing now.